Shukri

Presidential proclamation 212(f) visa refusal

26 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2018 at 2:24 AM, Shukri said:

I don't know why your case was refused, like you said Sudan isn't one of the ban countries. I am sorry but be patient and after it's been a month or so, send an email to embassy inquiring about your case. My husband is still under AP but he knows a guy that was given 212 (F) refusal letter and he received his visa back in March. So they're processing the waivers, it is just taking them a long time to do it. 

Which nationality was the person who got visa waiver from? Which visa class?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
2 hours ago, salhasl said:

Which nationality was the person who got visa waiver from? Which visa class?

He was from Somalia, CR1 visa. His interview was Jan 30, 2018 at the Embassy in Nairobi. 

Edited by Shukri

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 8:43 PM, salhasl said:

Did he use a lawyer? If so, can you please PM me the contact information for that lawyer? I am planning on starting this process and need a good lawyer who can help win this fight.

No he didn't use a lawyer. And I  didn't use one either. That's where I think I messed up because if I had known about the waiver process I would have prepared for it. 

9 hours ago, Shukri said:

No he didn't use a lawyer. And I  didn't use one either. That's where I think I messed up because if I had known about the waiver process I would have prepared for it. 

Do you know if there were any unusual circumstances in his case? Most cases are being flat out denied or are being told they are under AP while waivers eligibility is being determined. 

I'm just trying to figure out what criteria they are applying to approve waivers. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
On 5/18/2018 at 3:12 AM, Wecan said:

Thanks for your reply. I received  inquiry through my senator office i been told my husband case is sent back to Uscis with refuse to intent to revoked. in this moment i don't know what to do. i thinking to wait until to receive the notice from uscis. I'm just wondering why the embassy give him 212(F) when he is not from travel ban countries.

Hello, was he specifically told his visa was refused because of the travel ban? when was his interview and also was the interview in Khartoum? It is strange that he hold a Sudanese passport and gets denied a visa because of the travel ban.

Edited by Ayah117

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 12:12 PM, Wecan said:

Thanks for your reply. I received  inquiry through my senator office i been told my husband case is sent back to Uscis with refuse to intent to revoked. in this moment i don't know what to do. i thinking to wait until to receive the notice from uscis. I'm just wondering why the embassy give him 212(F) when he is not from travel ban countries.

So did any one get Visa after refusd 

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 2/27/2018 at 10:25 AM, Shukri said:

He is from Somalia. I don't know what to do or how to appeal this decision, I just wanted to find anyone else going through the same situation.

Hi Shukri I’m going to through same process have got any updates ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.