spookyturtle

Winter Olympics

36 posts in this topic

No intetest in the Winter Olumpics here? You'd rather suck up to Trump or criticize everything about him. Or the Democrats and Hillary. Pathetic. 

Did anyone see Shaun White's run on the half pipe when he won the gold? Incredible run. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

According to Gallup, 39 % of Americans plan on watching a fair amount of the winter Olympics. A lower percentage than for past Winter Olympics.

I am part of the 71 %

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

9 minutes ago, X Factor said:

According to Gallup, 39 % of Americans plan on watching a fair amount of the winter Olympics. A lower percentage than for past Winter Olympics.

I am part of the 71 %

I guess that makes us pathetic according to some. I don't watch opera, don't like shrimp and never got into lost. I wonder if that me makes pathetic also 

Edited by Nature Boy Flair

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I guess that makes us pathetic according to some. I don't watch opera, don't like shrimp and never got into lost. I wonder if that me makes pathetic also 

Broaden your horizons. There's more to life than Trump and Democrats. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I concur with you on Opera and lost ...  but shrimp is another story - yummy, yummy, yummy ( except for shrimp cocktail)

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Timeline

Lost was ok, Prison Break not so much.  Opera... probably never.  And no Game of Drones.  Or thrones, whatever.

Shrimp is awesome.  Especially if you are ever fortunate enough to eat Royal Reds.   You will put your nose up in scorn at regular shrimp if ever you do eat Royal Reds.  Tastes more like crab or lobster.  I usually buy 20 lbs of it when I am in the Ft. Walton Beach area.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Lost was ok, Prison Break not so much.  Opera... probably never.  And no Game of Drones.  Or thrones, whatever.

Shrimp is awesome.  Especially if you are ever fortunate enough to eat Royal Reds.   You will put your nose up in scorn at regular shrimp if ever you do eat Royal Reds.  Tastes more like crab or lobster.  I usually buy 20 lbs of it when I am in the Ft. Walton Beach area.

Now I have to try some Royal Reds when I visit FL or Louisiana. I don't think I can get them in New Jersey

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

30 minutes ago, X Factor said:

Now I have to try some Royal Reds when I visit FL or Louisiana. I don't think I can get them in New Jersey

You can only get them in the panhandle of FL, from my experience. Perhaps as far East as Panama City, and as far west at Pensacola.  They come from DEEP waters out in the gulf, think 200 miles or more.  And if you buy them, make sure you buy them frozen.  Some unethical sellers will sell them thawed out and tout them as “fresh, not frozen”.  Which is false, because ALL of them are frozen on the ships due to the voyage back to land.  (They thaw them out and sell them for a higher price as “fresh”)

They are amazing.  So much so, that we have been out for about a month, and have bought one bag from the local store.  Which we got to make shrimp Alfredo (the sauce covers the taste of the meat).  But it’s about time to make the drive back down with my cooler and get another 20 lbs.

Timeline

Thanks for the tip on only getting the frozen ones. 

One more item on my expanded bucket list

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

7 minutes ago, X Factor said:

Thanks for the tip on only getting the frozen ones. 

One more item on my expanded bucket list

They are SO GOOD... I can put 6-12 on a plate, microwave them on 30% power until they are barely done and shuck and eat them... with nothing on them!  They are sweet, like crab meat.  Like I said, now that I have been introduced to them, I am super spoiled.  Much like eating a sous vide steak vs an over-cooked one.  I rarely ever buy a steak in a restaurant anymore.  Sous vide is THE WAY to go!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am boycotting as they do not allow participants to self identify.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

They are SO GOOD... I can put 6-12 on a plate, microwave them on 30% power until they are barely done and shuck and eat them... with nothing on them!  They are sweet, like crab meat.  Like I said, now that I have been introduced to them, I am super spoiled.  Much like eating a sous vide steak vs an over-cooked one.  I rarely ever buy a steak in a restaurant anymore.  Sous vide is THE WAY to go!

Looks like they were available on Amazon when in season

https://www.amazon.com/Florida-Royal-Shrimp-Key-West/dp/B06XW6P4JR

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I am boycotting as they do not allow participants to self identify.

Welcome to the 61%

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012