devdev

Documents for I-130 for Parents

8 posts in this topic

I am filing for I-130 for my parents. I have gone through instructions and several forum posts. Nervous and did not want to make any mistake to add additional delays in application processing, so wanted to confirm:

For each my mother and father, I am filing separate I-130 form each with following:

1) My naturalization certificate proving my US citizenship

2) My birth certificate with my father + mother's names

3) My parents' marriage certificate (both have single marriage and have been married to each other til date)

4) Payment check

I believe that I no longer have to submit G-325A. Is that all I need to file?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 minutes ago, devdev said:

I am filing for I-130 for my parents. I have gone through instructions and several forum posts. Nervous and did not want to make any mistake to add additional delays in application processing, so wanted to confirm:

For each my mother and father, I am filing separate I-130 form each with following:

3) My parents' marriage certificate (both have single marriage and have been married to each other til date)

4) Payment check

I-130A

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, devdev said:

I believe I-130A is only needed when one is filing for spouse - not for parents.

What about other documents I have mentioned. Anything else I should submit?

what about the passport style photos for each I-130 did you have those?

I think that might be only for spouse to, I just looked over the instructions, and it appears is you have all that is needed, don't forget to sign it :)

Edited by Khallaf

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I am going to file petition for my parents who live abroad. 

In the USCIS website it says to file petition for mother I need birth certificate that contains my name and my mother's name. 

My birth certificate contains names of my both the parents. Can I still use this birth certificate to file petition for my mother or I have to make a new one that contains only my name and my mother's name. 

Thank you for your time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

that's alll

unless the parents have been divorced, send copy of divorce decree

if any of the document's aren't in English, you need to attach a translation into English of said copies

1 hour ago, sinope said:

Hey guys, 

I am going to file petition for my parents who live abroad. 

In the USCIS website it says to file petition for mother I need birth certificate that contains my name and my mother's name. 

My birth certificate contains names of my both the parents. Can I still use this birth certificate to file petition for my mother or I have to make a new one that contains only my name and my mother's name. 

Thank you for your time.

that's fine, as long as your mom's name appears on your birth certificate

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 2/7/2018 at 11:25 AM, devdev said:

4) Payment check

Looks good. The marriage certificate is not required for the mother’s petition. 

Remember you can pay by credit card by attaching G-1450. And if you want a text/email on acceptance/ case number generation by the lockbox, file G-1145

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.