starsky

I-751 February 2018 Filers

2,688 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My 10 years green card got approved today 29th April 2019, i observed that the approvals usually comes exactly a year and one month after your biometrics appointment. I wish those still waiting for approval the best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, ajuju & Dee said:

My 10 years green card got approved today 29th April 2019, i observed that the approvals usually comes exactly a year and one month after your biometrics appointment. I wish those still waiting for approval the best of luck.

Only true for a few people.  Most people in the same receipt batch have the exact same appointment date for biometrics, and we know that the entire batch is approved over a period of a few months.

21 hours ago, mz_066 said:

Man, mine moved 74 days ago, till now nothing happens. Keep getting that stupid email says that no action happens on your case.

I'm on the same boat. I'm getting frustrated. Mine also was transferred to Texas on Feb 14th and its been 75 days. Also I filed for citizenship on Feb 10th. 

I have two international trips coming up in the summer. Hopefully I don't get called in for the interview then. 

Also went to DMV this past weekend and showed them my second extension letter which is for 18th months ( expires in November) and the lady was shocked that they are still backed up, she extended my license for another year. I was a little surprised because I though she would renew it until my extension letter expires. Oh well better for me lol. 

Are you thinking about making an info pass? On the USCIS guideline on the link below it says we're eligible to submit inquiries if the case takes longer than the published processing times for the new location.

For Texas that's 16 to 18 months. I guess I'll have to wait 1.5 more months before I can make an info pass, but your cases are older than mine. 

https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

26 minutes ago, nj_aos_oct said:

Are you thinking about making an info pass? On the USCIS guideline on the link below it says we're eligible to submit inquiries if the case takes longer than the published processing times for the new location.

For Texas that's 16 to 18 months. I guess I'll have to wait 1.5 more months before I can make an info pass, but your cases are older than mine. 

https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

My case received on Feb 07 2018, which is 14 month and 23 days.

the question here when will you be eligible for info pass? when you hit 16 months or we need to wait after 18 months completion???

1 minute ago, mz_066 said:

My case received on Feb 07 2018, which is 14 month and 23 days.

the question here when will you be eligible for info pass? when you hit 16 months or we need to wait after 18 months completion???

I think once it passes that 18th month period then you can inquire. 

Just now, peetee91 said:

But I am assuming our cases will be combined with N-400 interview. Did both of you apply for N-400? 

We’ve been working on collecting documents all week last week and we’re almost done. 

Apparently, USCIS lost the copy of our marriage certificate, copies of our DLs and tax return for 2017. 

They listed the documents they received from us:

•Joint Federal Tax Return for 2016

•Joint Bank statements for 2017 and 2018

•Joint lease agreement for 2016

•Family photos 

So we have made new copies of our 2015-2018 tax returns (Got them from IRS.gov and those reports have partially redacted personal information), obtained car insurance records for the past 2 years, joint car title for 1 of our cars, bank statements for the past year or so, photos that we didn’t include the previous time, 401K info with my wife being a sole beneficiary, a letter from my credit card company that my wife is an authorized user on the account, NEW COPY of our marriage certificate, Comcast bill with our names and address and a lease copy (our lease renewed this April so it dates from April 2019, hope that won’t be a problem). We might include a T-Mobile bill in there. 

BTW - my wife’s drivers license shows our old address on it and we decided not to even bother getting it changed or sending copies of our drivers license. (Should we?)

Wanted to get your opinion on this, guys. Do you think this all would be enough? Thank you for your support and input! 

3542E52C-FF4E-4D8E-9663-19DE09052F14.jpeg

Edited by Al135

22 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

I'm not sure, given it's a range! 

20 minutes ago, peetee91 said:

Did both of you apply for N-400? 

I have! 

21 minutes ago, Al135 said:

We’ve been working on collecting documents all week last week and we’re almost done. 

Apparently, USCIS lost the copy of our marriage certificate, copies of our DLs and tax return for 2017. 

•Family photos 

So we have made new copies of our 2015-2018 tax returns (Got them from IRS.gov and those reports have partially redacted personal information), obtained car insurance records for the past 2 years, joint car title for 1 of our cars, bank statements for the past year or so, photos that we didn’t include the previous time, 401K info with my wife being a sole beneficiary, a letter from my credit card company that my wife is an authorized user on the account, NEW COPY of our marriage certificate, Comcast bill with our names and address and a lease copy (our lease renewed this April so it dates from April 2019, hope that won’t be a problem). We might include a T-Mobile bill in there. 

BTW - my wife’s drivers license shows our old address on it and we decided not to even bother getting it changed or sending copies of our drivers license. (Should we?)

Wanted to get your opinion on this, guys. Do you think this all would be enough? Thank you for your support and input! 

Other things that come to mind are: health insurance, life insurance, and if you took trips together you can include the flight tickets too. 

21 minutes ago, nj_aos_oct said:

Other things that come to mind are: health insurance, life insurance, and if you took trips together you can include the flight tickets too. 

Thank you for the suggestion! However, we receive health insurance and life insurance from our jobs, and we never added each other because it is cheaper that way. She gets a good health coverage through her job and as do I. 

We were not able to travel, as we faced some financial trouble in the past, but will definitely do some time this year after all this stress is over. Hence no flight tickets. 

48 minutes ago, peetee91 said:

But I am assuming our cases will be combined with N-400 interview. Did both of you apply for N-400? 

Yes, I did apply for N-400 this January.

4 hours ago, Al135 said:

•Family photos 

Hi there, I also got the dreaded RFE and have taken over 2 months to gather all the evidence to submit, I'm going to hit them with over 4 " high pile of A4 size photocopies, it's quite a package I tell you, my original submission was about 1/2 " high.

So my point is there is never too much evidence, hopefully my 4" should keep them happy! 

Edited by redstripe54

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.