Ilio&DF

Documents cover sheet from NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Good morning 

I am gathering the documents required by NVC to process the immigrant visa for my husband.

I got a document Cover Sheet that I have to follow to gather all the documents needed.

However I have a question about one of them

On the check list sent by NVC which comes divide in four parts there is a part for AOS (asking for a signed affidavit of support) I know I will get that when I paid the $120 fee however it also asks for a PROOF OF ASSETS.

I thought that when paying the AOS  and filling the form online we will be giving them a proof of assets because we are using a USA bank account to do so. 

Is there anyone that can explain to me what is this proof of assets that they are requesting from us and how can I get it???

I am a little confuse about this item on the list.

Thank you 🙏 

t.gift.gifImage result for cuba map

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 2/3/2018 at 2:16 AM, Ilio&DF said:

Good morning 

I am gathering the documents required by NVC to process the immigrant visa for my husband.

I got a document Cover Sheet that I have to follow to gather all the documents needed.

However I have a question about one of them

On the check list sent by NVC which comes divide in four parts there is a part for AOS (asking for a signed affidavit of support) I know I will get that when I paid the $120 fee however it also asks for a PROOF OF ASSETS.

I thought that when paying the AOS  and filling the form online we will be giving them a proof of assets because we are using a USA bank account to do so. 

Is there anyone that can explain to me what is this proof of assets that they are requesting from us and how can I get it???

I am a little confuse about this item on the list.

Thank you 🙏 

did you get help about this?

Timeline

When I had to send in my proof of assets, I sent my tax returns for the last three years, check stubs from my employer and a letter of an offering of employment because I hadn't been at the job long, and I wanted to prove they offered me a full time position. If you have anything else in bank accounts or anything that can be converted into quick assets within the year, you can send them proof of that as well. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, DeAnna and Jorge said:

When I had to send in my proof of assets, I sent my tax returns for the last three years, check stubs from my employer and a letter of an offering of employment because I hadn't been at the job long, and I wanted to prove they offered me a full time position. If you have anything else in bank accounts or anything that can be converted into quick assets within the year, you can send them proof of that as well. 

Thank you 

appreciate the info 

Do you sent the papers before ending the payments of AOS and IV and the DS260 because I got all the documents from the cover sheet however I don’t know if I have to wait to finish all the online payments and application to send also a confirmation of them with the package or if I can send it already 

thank you

Timeline

I didn’t do my husbands CR1 online so I sent in everything with the payment all together in one envelope. I would think you would need to finish paying and confirming then send everything in and upload copies to the site if possible. It would probably be best to pay and send your payment confirmation in with everything. 

On 2/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, Ilio&DF said:

Thank you 

appreciate the info 

Do you sent the papers before ending the payments of AOS and IV and the DS260 because I got all the documents from the cover sheet however I don’t know if I have to wait to finish all the online payments and application to send also a confirmation of them with the package or if I can send it already 

thank you

You have to finish the online payments first.. then do the DS260 & accompanying documents.

You only need proof of assets if your personal income is not above the 125%..

And proof of assets would be bank and brokerage account statements... Or anything else easily liquidable . 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

You have to finish the online payments first.. then do the DS260 & accompanying documents.

You only need proof of assets if your personal income is not above the 125%..

And proof of assets would be bank and brokerage account statements... Or anything else easily liquidable . 

Thank you so much for the info

Yes I will finish everything before sending the IV pack any ways they can not move forward in the process if they do not have the fee payments as PAID and the DS260 completed 

Have a very good week 

Thank you  

Timeline
On 2/9/2018 at 10:34 AM, DeAnna and Jorge said:

Thank you for your answer 

I had checked and I do not need it. 

Have a very good week.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.