RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rbalsara96 said:

No, I was under the impression you have to have the interview date to make the medical appointment. 

This page shows the Step by Step process pretty clearly and what docs or other info you need at each step:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-kvisa.asp#otherinfo

👆shared by Julie a while ago for my questions. 

For medicals, make him call the Rele clinic (022-23613737) I have gotten the appointment for the 23rd of this month, that’s the earliest date she said they would be able to give. And she asked me to carry my passport photocopies and the letter from the consulate in mumbai explaining the further steps(which I have not yet received, I am

yet in the transfer process) and, past medical records, passport photos. I have received this letter 

52A0D878-2FD9-45CE-9733-326A4BB6244A.jpeg

Timeline
On 2/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, Amit&Julie said:

To your first question: that sounds correct, at least from what I've seen on recent threads on VJ.

I have no idea how quickly they can give an interview, but I don't think it would be as quick as a week.

This page shows the Step by Step process pretty clearly and what docs or other info you need at each step:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-kvisa.asp#otherinfo

Amit got his PCC in less than a week from the Regional Passport Office. I've shared it here as a sample.

PCC_SAMPLE.jpg

Hi Julie! Congrats on making it this far. The website you provided is extremely helpful and maybe a I'm slightly incompetent but I'm still confused when to submit the DS-160. I know it gives step-by-step directions but I think most people are not going step-by-step otherwise it would add a whole bunch of unnecessary time. For example, you can get PCCs before the embassy received the petition from NVC.

Do we have to wait until the case status says "Ready" in order to book an interview? It look like the DS-160, once submitted, is the ticket to booking an interview. The DS-160 only requires a case # so therefore we would be able to submit it and ultimately book an appointment before the case status reads "Ready", correct? Then we could also ultimately book medical since we an interview date. It just seems like it would speed the 

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Timeline

Has anyone scheduled the interview already? I am going to do it today.

FYI yesterday I tried doing it, in the morning it gave me the date of 6th April 18 and in the evening it showed 30 March so they skipped backwards, hopefully they skip back more when I finally make the payment today.

Timeline

Recent case that just was approved by Mumbai:

Our case showed ready on jan 22 and that’s exactly when we got to work towards an interview date. We paid our fee on jan 24 on ustraveldocs and got a date for feb 2. Long story short, don’t have to wait from Mumbai consulate before you begin work on your case. 

PS finally received something from consulate on 30th and it was dated the same day as it shows ready on CEAC (the date consulate receives your case). 

Id be more than happy to answer any questions. 

Kn18

I-129F File Date - 5/26/17

NOA1 Date - 5/30/17

RFE Date - 11/7/17

RFE Receive Date - 11/21/17

NOA 2 - 11/28/17

NVC Receive - 1/12/18

NVC Left - 1/19/18

Consulate Receive - 1/22/18 

Packet 4 - 1/30/18

Interview - 2/2/18

Visa in hand - 2/14/18

US bound - 

Marriage - 

Timeline
1 hour ago, KN18 said:

Our case showed ready on jan 22 and that’s exactly when we got to work towards an interview date. We paid our fee on jan 24 on ustraveldocs and got a date for feb 2. Long story short, don’t have to wait from Mumbai consulate before you begin work on your case. 

PS finally received something from consulate on 30th and it was dated the same day as it shows ready on CEAC (the date consulate receives your case). 

Kn18

Oh great! 

Have you cleared your interview? You got your date pretty quick! How was the interview and what did they ask?

Timeline

Yeah we cleared the interview and yeah we were pretty lucky to get a date that early. My fiancé was just asked general questions about how and where we met. What line of work I’m in? The whole interview process was actually not that bad. 

My advice to all those waiting to hear from Mumbai, please go ahead and submit your payment on ustraveldocs and get a date to do biometrics and interview. As long as case says “ready” on ceac you’re good to go. That’s what we did and it worked. 

I-129F File Date - 5/26/17

NOA1 Date - 5/30/17

RFE Date - 11/7/17

RFE Receive Date - 11/21/17

NOA 2 - 11/28/17

NVC Receive - 1/12/18

NVC Left - 1/19/18

Consulate Receive - 1/22/18 

Packet 4 - 1/30/18

Interview - 2/2/18

Visa in hand - 2/14/18

US bound - 

Marriage - 

My finance is not able to find any dates in Mumbai. It says no dates available. She has tried multiple times. When called US travel docs, they say that slots open up in batches and you have to keep an eye. Irony is that if you attempt to search for interview dates multiple times, it will lock your account for 24-72 hours :(

Does anyone has the same experience?

Timeline
On 2/17/2018 at 9:48 AM, mr0810 said:

My finance is not able to find any dates in Mumbai. It says no dates available. She has tried multiple times. When called US travel docs, they say that slots open up in batches and you have to keep an eye. Irony is that if you attempt to search for interview dates multiple times, it will lock your account for 24-72 hours :(

Does anyone has the same experience?

Yeah it seems the slots are all packed as all the k interviews are taking place at only one location that is mumbai! Ask her to just login and see if there is any new date available it shows right below the log out option. If she is still curious ask her to call at the helpline number and talk to them maybe they will ask her write an email to the support team which unlocks you with an email notification. 

I was locked as i had selected the wrong location for OFC following which I attempted thrice to reschedule but with such late dates I wanted a closer date and so I had called them! Sometimes even if they have a date they do not show if they learn that we are looking at the same page multiple times.

3 hours ago, JAZZsal said:

Yeah it seems the slots are all packed as all the k interviews are taking place at only one location that is mumbai! Ask her to just login and see if there is any new date available it shows right below the log out option. If she is still curious ask her to call at the helpline number and talk to them maybe they will ask her write an email to the support team which unlocks you with an email notification. 

I was locked as i had selected the wrong location for OFC following which I attempted thrice to reschedule but with such late dates I wanted a closer date and so I had called them! Sometimes even if they have a date they do not show if they learn that we are looking at the same page multiple times.

Thank you. Its unlocked now but cant seem to find dates. This is crazy that no dates are available.

Timeline

You should go ahead and submit ds-160. Schedule medical in the next 2 weeks and do it ahead of interview. You can always get the interview appointment letter via email, if you haven't received  yet by post. Create account at ustraveldocs, fill out info, pay the fee. Then book interview slots , at least 4+ days from medical (takes 2 days) as sometimes you might get sick with so many vaccines and travel, if don't live in one of those cities, where it's available. arrange all required documents, copies and prepare for interview questions. Book hotel and flight, if needed; stay close (Sofitel) if you can as you don't have to fret about being late for the interview.

21 minutes ago, kannan said:

You should go ahead and submit ds-160. Schedule medical in the next 2 weeks and do it ahead of interview. You can always get the interview appointment letter via email, if you haven't received  yet by post. Create account at ustraveldocs, fill out info, pay the fee. Then book interview slots , at least 4+ days from medical (takes 2 days) as sometimes you might get sick with so many vaccines and travel, if don't live in one of those cities, where it's available. arrange all required documents, copies and prepare for interview questions. Book hotel and flight, if needed; stay close (Sofitel) if you can as you don't have to fret about being late for the interview.

Thank you for the tips @kannan. Will do. Appreciate it!

Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 1:56 AM, KN18 said:

Kn18

Don't you need a letter from the Mumbai embassy (about the next steps for the K1 visa) to be presented at the medical? It seems like a bunch of folks are not getting any communication from the embassy or getting it weeks later than they should. Does that mean they wait or contact the embassy to expedite the sending of the paperwork? I get that once the case shows ready, you can fill up the DS-160 and get an interview date. It would suck if one couldn't do the medical because the embassy didn't send out the paperwork in time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.