RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Its been 2 weeks since the Mumbai consulate has received case from NVC and the status shows Ready. My fiancee has not received a notification or packet 4 from the Consulate. I reached out to Ustraveldocs support email and US phone number but they insist on me providing a UID, email address of the Profile that I created.  The problem is that creation of the profile is only relevant when I need to submit the DS-160 and book an appointment. 

Can anyone who has reached out to the mumbai consulate when they did not receive a packet or notification, guide me on what I need to do?

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Has the US petitioner received a letter from the NVC with an invoice number?

Maybe @SatinderSabiee has been through this recently?

Our K1 appears to be at Mumbai as of today, but I (petitioner) still haven't received any letter from NVC. Most recent document I received from government for this process was NOA2.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

Has the US petitioner received a letter from the NVC with an invoice number?

Maybe @SatinderSabiee has been through this recently?

Our K1 appears to be at Mumbai as of today, but I (petitioner) still haven't received any letter from NVC. Most recent document I received from government for this process was NOA2.

we have not received anything after noa2.yes we were given invoice id with case number at nvc.today we got an email to fill up ds261 instead of ds160.our case is still stuck at nvc under adminstrative process .interview & medical is scheduled seems like have to cancel it if our case do not make to the mumbai consulate this week..btw how did you come to know about your case?

Timeline

Oh, ok, your process looks a little different. I only got my NVC Case # by calling them about 2 weeks after NOA2, they just so happened to have our case already entered in the system so they gave me the number (the one that starts with BMB). 

@RoamingTheNet  I wonder if they are wanting your BMBxxxx case number, or maybe the invoice number on the letter from the NVC to the petitioner saying that the case will be forwarded. (Have not received one these letters myself so I'm not even sure.) I also read somewhere on here that someone used their USCIS case number to sign up for an interview? Anyway, I think your fiance can still proceed without having received something from the Mumbai Consulate as long as you have some identifying numbers for your case. Also, you can see Mumbai Packet 4 online here:

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/MumbaiIVPacket-4-for-Ks-January-2017-Rev.pdf 

Timeline
On 2/3/2018 at 7:19 AM, RoamingTheNet said:

29 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

Oh, ok, your process looks a little different. I only got my NVC Case # by calling them about 2 weeks after NOA2, they just so happened to have our case already entered in the system so they gave me the number (the one that starts with BMB). 

@RoamingTheNet  I wonder if they are wanting your BMBxxxx case number, or maybe the invoice number on the letter from the NVC to the petitioner saying that the case will be forwarded. (Have not received one these letters myself so I'm not even sure.) I also read somewhere on here that someone used their USCIS case number to sign up for an interview? Anyway, I think your fiance can still proceed without having received something from the Mumbai Consulate as long as you have some identifying numbers for your case. Also, you can see Mumbai Packet 4 online here:

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/MumbaiIVPacket-4-for-Ks-January-2017-Rev.pdf 

i do not think so we can proceed without getting our case recieved at mumbai consulate.still i will confirm tommorow.does your case says ready when you track it through ceac?

Edited by SatinderSabiee

Timeline

Hi guys, 

On Saturday night we received a letter from the NVC saying that they will now transfer our case to the consulate here in Mumbai and will contact us when they are ready to process our case.

So I am a little confused here, should I schedule an appointment for the medical and then fill in DS160, PCC? How do I go about? Or should I just wait until they contact us?

If anyone is from mumbai here?

Timeline
1 hour ago, JAZZsal said:

Hi guys, 

On Saturday night we received a letter from the NVC saying that they will now transfer our case to the consulate here in Mumbai and will contact us when they are ready to process our case.

So I am a little confused here, should I schedule an appointment for the medical and then fill in DS160, PCC? How do I go about? Or should I just wait until they contact us?

If anyone is from mumbai here?

My fiance already got his PCC. I don't think there's any reason that you have to wait, and it can take a while depending on the Regional Passport Office and if your fiance doesn't already have a passport.

For medical, see some potentially useful info here: 

Also some (older) info on here:

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

My fiance already got his PCC. I don't think there's any reason that you have to wait, and it can take a while depending on the Regional Passport Office and if your fiance doesn't already have a passport.

For medical, see some potentially useful info here: 

Also some (older) info on here:

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. So I have got the appointment for the medical on 23 rd of this month they said it will roughly cost me 19k (Rele clinic, Grant road), so according to what I read I have to fill DS 160 and get the print of the confirmation page and carry it for the medical, right? 

Slight confusion still as to when do I book for my Interview, after I collect all the docs? And do you have any idea, what would be the fastest date they give? Within a week or what? 

And how long did it take for Amit to get the PCC?

Timeline
On 2/7/2018 at 11:27 AM, JAZZsal said:

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. So I have got the appointment for the medical on 23 rd of this month they said it will roughly cost me 19k (Rele clinic, Grant road), so according to what I read I have to fill DS 160 and get the print of the confirmation page and carry it for the medical, right? 

Slight confusion still as to when do I book for my Interview, after I collect all the docs? And do you have any idea, what would be the fastest date they give? Within a week or what? 

And how long did it take for Amit to get the PCC?

To your first question: that sounds correct, at least from what I've seen on recent threads on VJ.

I have no idea how quickly they can give an interview, but I don't think it would be as quick as a week.

This page shows the Step by Step process pretty clearly and what docs or other info you need at each step:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-kvisa.asp#otherinfo

Amit got his PCC in less than a week from the Regional Passport Office. I've shared it here as a sample.

PCC_SAMPLE.jpg

Timeline
3 hours ago, Amit&Julie said:

To your first question: that sounds correct, at least from what I've seen on recent threads on VJ.

I have no idea how quickly they can give an interview, but I don't think it would be as quick as a week.

This page shows the Step by Step process pretty clearly and what docs or other info you need at each step:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-kvisa.asp#otherinfo

Amit got his PCC in less than a week from the Regional Passport Office. I've shared it here as a sample.

PCC_SAMPLE.jpg

Thank you very much❤️

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rbalsara96 said:

I just tried making an my K1 interview at Mumbai and the only date available is April 20th. Do they open more dates? Will I be able to interview in March or Feb?

Oh that late? Are you from Mumbai? I will book one after my medical.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Rbalsara96 said:

Yeah, only one date available and it is for April. My fiancee is from Mumbai.

37 minutes ago, Rbalsara96 said:

Yeah, only one date available and it is for April. My fiancee is from Mumbai.

Is he done with the medical? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.