RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi A_R 

As I remember in my I 134 my petitioner wrote I will support and contribute my beneficiary with accommodation, transportation, finances, food etc and I will support my beneficiary wholly required daily need things until he or she will approved by uscis. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All, 

1) How long does it typically take to get from ready status to getting mailed a packet 4 from the embassy? 

2) Is the packet 4  from the Embassy delivered by regular mail or courier service? (My fiance is not at home during the day time and I wonder if she missed a courier)

Thanks!!

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Timeline

First of all congratulations your case status showing ready now ball is in your side. Normally it's depend on postal service which area you live. it's takes more than 15 days. 

US embassy post packet by regular mail not courier. only passport will come via register courier. which you have to pay on delivery. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, N400fiasco said:

Hi All, 

1) How long does it typically take to get from ready status to getting mailed a packet 4 from the embassy? 

2) Is the packet 4  from the Embassy delivered by regular mail or courier service? (My fiance is not at home during the day time and I wonder if she missed a courier)

Thanks!!

I never received the packet, simply an email from the NVC stating that they had received my case and were forwarding it to the Embassy. I have proceeded to schedule my interviews and medical exam already. Based on the advice  provided in this forum, it is a waste of time to wait until you receive the packet in the mail. Most users suggest simply emailing the embassy about it a week before your consular interview date, and they usually just send a copy via e-mail.

Edited by jangrace
typo

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here travelled to US on B1/B2 in the middle of the K! process before or after NOA2 approval ? What was your experience? If anyone was denied entry by the Patrol Officer because of intention to immigrate - was your passport stamped?

6 hours ago, A_R said:

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here travelled to US on B1/B2 in the middle of the K! process before or after NOA2 approval ? What was your experience? If anyone was denied entry by the Patrol Officer because of intention to immigrate - was your passport stamped?

I notice have several posts on this issue in several threads today, and the answer is:

Many have. 

Some get denied too. 

Gets tricky because CBP has access to your entire visa/petition history, and if they deem you at risk of staying and adjusting, you could be denied entry. If you have a stable job, carry proof and that could help (but on the other hand they know you'd be leaving that job at some point so not the most solid of evidence). 

*Yes, CBP usually stamps your passport with the denial if that happens. I know many Indians don't like that denial stamp, but regardless, stamp or not, any entry or denial would get entered into their System. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
3 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

I notice have several posts on this issue in several threads today, and the answer is:

Many have. 

Some get denied too. 

Gets tricky because CBP has access to your entire visa/petition history, and if they deem you at risk of staying and adjusting, you could be denied entry. If you have a stable job, carry proof and that could help (but on the other hand they know you'd be leaving that job at some point so not the most solid of evidence). 

*Yes, CBP usually stamps your passport with the denial if that happens. I know many Indians don't like that denial stamp, but regardless, stamp or not, any entry or denial would get entered into their System. 

Hi thanks ao much for the answers !! 

Edited by A_R

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

Many have. 

Some get denied too. 

Agree with all of this. Do not buy any tickets to travel on a B1/B2 visa UNTIL you actually get the visa. But I think it will be really difficult to get one. You will have to have VERY strong ties and bring solid proof of them. Not sure what your reason is for wanting to come to the USA at this point in your K1 process, but if it's to spend time with your fiance, you might consider meeting in a third country instead.

7 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

Agree with all of this. Do not buy any tickets to travel on a B1/B2 visa UNTIL you actually get the visa. But I think it will be really difficult to get one. You will have to have VERY strong ties and bring solid proof of them. Not sure what your reason is for wanting to come to the USA at this point in your K1 process, but if it's to spend time with your fiance, you might consider meeting in a third country instead.

The individual being referred to has posted already having a B visa, and a plan to visit fiance for a couple of weeks.  Honestly, I do not know many folks who'd spend 60-70k rupees on a 2-week ticket, but taking the poster on their word they'd return to their job.. a job they intend to quit within a few short months. 

Generally I'd advise against visiting during k1/cr1 process due to the high potential for denial at POE. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
5 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

The individual being referred to has posted already having a B visa, and a plan to visit fiance for a couple of weeks.  Honestly, I do not know many folks who'd spend 60-70k rupees on a 2-week ticket, but taking the poster on their word they'd return to their job.. a job they intend to quit within a few short months. 

Generally I'd advise against visiting during k1/cr1 process due to the high potential for denial at POE. 

Ooh, gotcha. Yeah, even with the B visa already in hand, I agree that it would too be risky to attempt the POE.

Timeline

I received snail mail from the US Embassy with instructions on how to apply for a K1, schedule the interview etc Things I have already done based on the advice provided in this forum. I do have a concern however. The package contained a letter (which looked like a photocopy) and a photocopy of the I-129F application my fiance had filed. Is this a cause for concern? The envelope was not sealed properly and definitely had been opened. Will the Embassy reject my letter because although it signs off "Sincerely (Vice) Consul,Immigrant Visa Unit" , it does not have a signature on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Timeline
3 hours ago, jangrace said:

I received snail mail from the US Embassy with instructions on how to apply for a K1, schedule the interview etc Things I have already done based on the advice provided in this forum. I do have a concern however. The package contained a letter (which looked like a photocopy) and a photocopy of the I-129F application my fiance had filed. Is this a cause for concern? The envelope was not sealed properly and definitely had been opened. Will the Embassy reject my letter because although it signs off "Sincerely (Vice) Consul,Immigrant Visa Unit" , it does not have a signature on it.

I don't think that will make a difference. The envelope that really MUST remained sealed is the one that you will hopefully get upon being approved and then picking up your visa. And I wouldn't worry about no signature on their letter to you, it's probably just a generic one they send. Go ahead and apply for the K1 and, if you haven't already, get all your documents in order.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, jangrace said:

All of our fiance's receive the package and because it contains such personal information we had his father lock in safe with other family papers, will and land docs. I felt better knowing that his family has all my info in case of emergency but will say that I'm lucky to have an incredibly supportive Indian family that value me and our relationship above most.

You can do similar or bring them back with you to your fiance in the U.S. when you receive Visa and travel. I would suggest to anyone reading this that you kindly "pay" your local mail delivery person to call you when this packet arrives and delivery only to you or hands of very trusted family member. It's a bit archaic and dangerous for identify theft... In my opinion.

Good luck to you!!!

Timeline
14 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

14 hours ago, Amit&Julie said:

Ooh, gotcha. Yeah, even with the B visa already in hand, I agree that it would too be risky to attempt the POE.

Could somebody please link me to some posts which advise on how to sort and arrange documents that are required for the interview. I know there's google and I'm going through a lot of them but I would love some advice from VJ too.

Should I arrange all of the proof of relationship, stuff that was sent for the i129f and the ones after ? My fiancee told me not to mix them up, but I was thinking of arranging them by date. Photos all together, chats/ emails together, travel/hotel stay/visa etc ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.