Otto

4 killed in Kansas City violence

9 posts in this topic

And yet another senseless act of violence...

KANSAS CITY, Mo.

A man driving a dead woman's car shot a police officer, then opened fire in a parking lot and a mall Sunday, authorities said. By the end of the day, four people, including the gunman, were dead.

Police shot the gunman to death outside a Target store inside Ward Parkway Center in south Kansas City, police spokesman Tony Sanders said.

Target employee Cassie Bradshaw, 19, was in a break room with two other people when they heard shots. Then, her co-workers saw a man in his 50s with a rifle "shooting everywhere," she said.

"It sounded like maybe firecrackers at first but then they got louder and louder and louder, and it sounded like someone shooting a gun," she said.

The string of violence began early Sunday afternoon, when police went to a home to check on an elderly woman relatives hadn't seen for days. The woman was found dead and her car missing, Sanders said.

The car was spotted later in the day at a gas station by an officer, who pulled the driver over and was shot in the arm, police said. The officer, whose wound was not life-threatening, returned fire and shattered the window of the gunman's car.

The car took off and was seen later at the shopping center. The man pulled into a parking space and fired at the cars on either side of him, killing two people, authorities said. He fired more shots, wounding two people, then went inside the mall, Sanders said.

Police did not say how the elderly woman died, or if the gunman was a suspect in her death. But they did say they believed the events were connected.

The mall, one of the city's busiest shopping centers, was shut down and officers were going through each store to see if anyone else might have been involved, Sanders said.

The gunman and victims' names were not immediately released, and conditions of the wounded were not available.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

a target store, imagine that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

So are we gonna now add four more days to the flag at half-staff?

I mean, we should, right? These people were just innocent shoppers. Furthermore, they were out supporting the economy, and that supports the War on Terror. That makes America stronger!!!

We should mourn these brave and patriotic Americans. Somebody start a petition, and let's send it to the White House.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I mean, we should, right? These people were just innocent shoppers. Furthermore, they were out supporting the economy, and that supports the War on Terror. That makes America stronger!!!

We should mourn these brave and patriotic Americans. Somebody start a petition, and let's send it to the White House.

####### was that!?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, I mean if ONLY they had stood up for themselves it may never have happened. :rolleyes:

damn, in kcity...sad day indeed (F)

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

####### was that!?

Indeed... flying the flag at half mast is a decision that is surely made on a subjective assessment of the "national grief". Personally, I don't feel anything about it either way - certainly not strongly enough to start lambasting it. Hardly an important issue given what's happened.

i think in missouri it should be flown at half mass

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835