Anna33

Medical exam at IOM in Moscow, need important information

24 posts in this topic

I am the fiancée of a US citizen and have scheduled my interview date.

I'm looking for other K-1 visa applicants that have taken the medical exam at IOM in Moscow, I need some help.

I have a 7 year old son who will be coming with me to America with the k-2 visa.

I don't want my son and I to take the vaccinations , for many reasons and much too long to list here.

I know this is a very sensitive topic with most people but please respect my wishes not to vaccinate.

My US citizen fiancé is under the impression that vaccinations are " optional " for the K-1 visa , this from the Department of state web site, USCIS, and immigration attorneys. 

We plan to file the vaccine waiver in the states at the Green card stage .

I am hearing and reading many troubling things here in Moscow from other Russian girls that have been through the IOM in Moscow for the medical.

I am reading from the fiancé visa forums here in Russia that the IOM is strictly enforcing the vaccinations on k-1 applicants , especially to those K-1 applicants who wish not to take the vaccines .  The IOM refuses to do the medical exam for the k-1 visa applicant if the applicant refuses to take the vaccinations, this is basically blackmail !!!

My US citizen fiancé and myself find this very disturbing !

How can the IOM medical staff refuse to give you the medical exam if you don't want to take the vaccinations?

It is clearly written for k1 visa issuance that vaccinations are "optional " but will be needed at the AOS stage , which you can file a waiver if you wish.

Has anybody refused the vaccines at IOM in Moscow and then been refused by the medical staff at IOM to give you the medical exam ?

i realize that the majority of applicants do the vaccinations so I know it is very unlikely that I will find someone in the same position as me.

My fiancé and I are very concerned that they are taking advantage of Russian k-1 applicants and enforcing the vaccinations becuase they assume the k-1 applicant is desperate to go to the United States to be with their loved one , also they make money from the vaccinations !

My other question is concerning the TB skin test for children of ages 2-14.

The web site of the United States embassy Moscow says that children are required to take the TB skin test or blood test ( IGRA)

I prefer for my son get the blood test ( IGRA) instead of the TB skin test .

If any parents have any expirence with this TB skin test or blood test ( IGRA) at IOM , please tell me.

Thank you everyone for your time in reading my long post, any info, advice , and help will be greatly appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Please show me a link that says the immunizations are optional.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Review Additional U.S. Embassy/Consulate-Specific Instructions

There may be additional instructions for collecting documentation needed for your K visa interview. Review U.S. Embassy/Consulate-Specific Instructions here, to learn what additional requirements there are, if any.

Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants.  Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

Timeline

Is that a USCIS web site link or is it a DOS site?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

As a retired Registered Nurse, I find this subject interesting.........good luck on your journey...

I know Canadian doctors do not release k1 medical until appropriate vaccinations are received. So it seems to depend on the country.

I've only seen waivers approved for medical reasons, but personal beliefs or preferences. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Anna33 said:

I am the fiancée of a US citizen and have scheduled my interview date.

I'm looking for other K-1 visa applicants that have taken the medical exam at IOM in Moscow, I need some help.

I have a 7 year old son who will be coming with me to America with the k-2 visa.

I don't want my son and I to take the vaccinations , for many reasons and much too long to list here.

I know this is a very sensitive topic with most people but please respect my wishes not to vaccinate.

My US citizen fiancé is under the impression that vaccinations are " optional " for the K-1 visa , this from the Department of state web site, USCIS, and immigration attorneys. 

We plan to file the vaccine waiver in the states at the Green card stage .

I am hearing and reading many troubling things here in Moscow from other Russian girls that have been through the IOM in Moscow for the medical.

I am reading from the fiancé visa forums here in Russia that the IOM is strictly enforcing the vaccinations on k-1 applicants , especially to those K-1 applicants who wish not to take the vaccines .  The IOM refuses to do the medical exam for the k-1 visa applicant if the applicant refuses to take the vaccinations, this is basically blackmail !!!

My US citizen fiancé and myself find this very disturbing !

How can the IOM medical staff refuse to give you the medical exam if you don't want to take the vaccinations?

It is clearly written for k1 visa issuance that vaccinations are "optional " but will be needed at the AOS stage , which you can file a waiver if you wish.

Has anybody refused the vaccines at IOM in Moscow and then been refused by the medical staff at IOM to give you the medical exam ?

i realize that the majority of applicants do the vaccinations so I know it is very unlikely that I will find someone in the same position as me.

My fiancé and I are very concerned that they are taking advantage of Russian k-1 applicants and enforcing the vaccinations becuase they assume the k-1 applicant is desperate to go to the United States to be with their loved one , also they make money from the vaccinations !

My other question is concerning the TB skin test for children of ages 2-14.

The web site of the United States embassy Moscow says that children are required to take the TB skin test or blood test ( IGRA)

I prefer for my son get the blood test ( IGRA) instead of the TB skin test .

If any parents have any expirence with this TB skin test or blood test ( IGRA) at IOM , please tell me.

Thank you everyone for your time in reading my long post, any info, advice , and help will be greatly appreciated!

Your medicals won't be finalized and send to the US embassy if you don't have all

the vaccinations that they require. 

7 hours ago, missileman said:

Please show me a link that says the immunizations are optional.

Is that a USCIS web site link or is it a DOS site?

As a retired Registered Nurse, I find this subject interesting.........good luck on your journey...

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

I know Canadian doctors do not release k1 medical until appropriate vaccinations are received. So it seems to depend on the country.

I've only seen waivers approved for medical reasons, but personal beliefs or preferences. Good luck.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume9-PartC-Chapter3.html here's about vaccination  waivers

34 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

I know it's possible to file a waiver for personal beliefs, I can't remember anyone reporting it had been approved (not to say they're never approved, most families give up on their belief and get the vaccines instead of adding an extra year + to their separation)

Edited by Lemonslice

9 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I know it's possible to file a waiver for personal beliefs, I can't remember anyone reporting it had been approved (not to say they're never approved, most families give up on their belief and get the vaccines instead of adding an extra year + to their separation)

I would believe so. The information sounds so vague 

So why then on the DOS web site it says vaccinations are optional for k-1 visa?

Why is there even a waiver available at the AOS stage if you MUST get the vaccionations done before you enter the UNited States ?

Sounds like the government says one thing and does the other .

Thanks for the replies , it looks more and more likely we will be denied the k-1 visa for refusal of vaccinations even though it is clearly written they are not needed for k-1 visa issuance .

Now I'm not even sure whether we should even bother wasting our time and money at the medical exam at IOM in Moscow.

Good luck to everyone here on their journey and relationships !

I've called them 7 times and spoke with 7 different people and they are very rude and mean.

They will not answer any of my questions , they say you must make an appointment and come in person to ask any questions!

They won't even answer simple questions like the cost of the medical exam, which i already know this information but just ask them this just to see if they will even answer this simple question.

Of course the IOM makes extra money for the vaccionations so it doesn't surprise me or my fiancé that they enforce this and try to withhold the medical exam from the embassy , this is typical Russian corruption .

Thank you for your response and advice , I appreciate it .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.