JosephRose

Need help regarding Medical and other matters.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone! Rosemarie here, the beneficiary from the Philippines. I hope everyone's doing alright despite this very long process.. speaking of process, I am calling everyone here especially those from the Philippines and have already done the medical and interview, to help me out please. I am very confused at the moment, I don't know what I should do. Which of the options I should take. Now here's our case..

NOA1 is April 3, NOA2 is Nov 21, NVC received and created is on Jan 10, case changed to status READY is Jan 18. Now here are my concerns

Do I really need to have the hardcopy copy of the so-called eligibility letter (I don't really know the exact term of what it's called but I think it is also called instruction letter, it's a letter containing the name of the beneficiary and mcn) in order for me to do the medical exam? I was thinking of going through the medical by just showing a printed screenshot of our case being "READY" in the NVC website and provide them my mcn. But I became hesitant to do so after reading the slec requirements. Now I am not sure if the screenshot will do? But then what if the letter will never arrive or made a wrong turn? We don't know what could happened. Do I really need to wait for that letter to arrive before I could do the medical?

Also, has anyone here have done the medical in slec and interview in one week? I am not from Manila so I wanted to do both in one week. Do they allow it? 

Any opinion and help will be much appreciated. thank you all in advance.

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

The Screenshot worked for my wife, but they almost didn't take it. She had to discuss it with them apparently. If you go online you can print off the ready status (just like a Screenshot), that would work just fine. 

You can do it in the same week, but it's not advised. You only get 1 free rescheduling, after that you have to pay the fee again. If you have problems or delays in the medical you'd have to wait longer. I think my wife's were a couple weeks apart, which is safer overall. 

Edited by Redheadguy03

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

The Screenshot worked for my wife, but they almost didn't take it. She had to discuss it with them apparently. If you go online you can print off the ready status (just like a Screenshot), that would work just fine. 

You can do it in the same week, but it's not advised. You only get 1 free rescheduling, after that you have to pay the fee again. If you have problems or delays in the medical you'd have to wait longer. I think my wife's were a couple weeks apart, which is safer overall. 

Thank you very much.. I appreciate it a lot..

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

7 hours ago, JosephRose said:

Thank you very much.. I appreciate it a lot..

No problem! Good luck! The medical is probably the worst part of the whole experience, the interview was a breeze compared to it. Everyone worries about the sputum test haha. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.