Hypnos

N-400 January 2018 Filers

1,879 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Rushhh16 said:

My estimated completion time moved as well from Nov 2019 to Nov 2018 and now Jan 2019.  

Whats your field office?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
20 hours ago, Hypnos said:

I have booked an Infopass appointment for April to try and plead my case for an expedite on my N-400. It's a long shot, but I am looking to become a police officer in Texas, and have been wanting to do that for two years now. But US citizenship is a requirement, so I'm stuck here waiting.

So I plan to go armed with information indicating that US citizenship is required, as well as emails from the local police academy giving details of their upcoming classes which are due to begin in about 3-4 months.

I figure the worst they can say is No.

What would be nicer is if I got my interview scheduled before the appointment, then I could just cancel it.

I'm in a similar boat. I've also booked  an Infopass appointment in Chicago for early April. I want/need to switch my job, and I can't do that without having a valid green card. I'm going to ask for an expedite on my N400 and shamelessly ask for the stamp on my passport as well. It's a 50/50 chance so it wouldn't hurt to take. Good luck to you, Hypnos!

Hello all,

I decided to log in to my uscis profile based on the posts here. This is what I have observed

After filing it had Oct '18. After bio metircs it moved up to Sep '18, a check here and there and it kept moving from Sept '18->Oct '18 a couple more days later it went to Nov '18 and today Jan'19.

But Portland,OR office show as processing N400 cases that were filed 7-8 months ago as of this posting. Seems to me that their calculations are of entirely or my background checks are taking a lot more time which I find weird as my AOS and ROC were both completed within the 90 day period.  

8/13/2008 - F-1 Visa (POE: JFK)

5/11/2010 - Graduated

7/10/2010 - OPT Granted

7/10/2011 - OPT Extn.

8/2011 - Became friends

3/10/2012 - First date

3/17/2012 - Officially dating wub.png

4/28/2012 - Employer applied for H1B

8/1/2012 - RFE for H1B

9/1/2012 - RFE response sent(and changed to premium process)

9/15/2012 - H1B Granted

9/17/2013 - Got Married dancin5hr.gifkicking.gif

11/27/2013 - AOS papers sent

12/5/2013 - AOS papers received {Day 1}

12/10/2013 - NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 {Day 5}

12/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment received {Day 13}

1/3/2014 - Biometrics done {Day 29}

1/14/2014 - NOA2 for interview set on 2/19/2014 {Day 40}

2/15/2014 - EAD Approved {Day 72}

2/19/2014 - Interview done waiting for approval {Day 76}

3/3/2014 - GC Approved!!!! (Card Production Ordered!!!) dancin5hr.gif {Day 88}

2/1/2016 - I-751 sent (ROC)

2/3/2016 - I-751 received/NOA1 letter sent

3/10/2016 - Biometrics done

8/15/2016 - I-751/ROC approved. Card being produced.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, MrsHopkins said:

Every single day! 😁 Since we are doing confessions... While I am happy for everyone here who is moving forward quickly, including those who filed with us and already had their oath, I get a little bit jealous ans frustrated. Even my friend who filed with me on the same date got her interview notice. I am only frustrated because of my mom. She lives alone in my home country, she is elderly, and I want to bring her here asap. So, this process not moving forward just angers me so much because I know on top of the waiting game we have with the citizenship, we have the 1+ year I-130 waiting game. I can’t move there to be with her because I have my husband and my life here. It all just breaks my heart to be so powerless with immigration. Sorry for the venting, I am sure many of you are going through the same situation. 

I hear you, I filed mine on 1/11/2018. While seeing people filed even later than I did already got  their interview scheduled, my automatic update is still the same old thing. My parents are elderly too. I feel anxious sometimes, but I guess it all depends on each local office's processing time. Wish we'll have our interview scheduled soon..

What is your local office and NOA date?

28 minutes ago, frigatebird said:

I hear you, I filed mine on 1/11/2018. While seeing people filed even later than I did already got  their interview scheduled, my automatic update is still the same old thing. My parents are elderly too. I feel anxious sometimes, but I guess it all depends on each local office's processing time. Wish we'll have our interview scheduled soon..

What is your local office and NOA date?

Hi Frigatebird,

Yes, we're in this together! We'll get through it, they will have to move the case forward at some point, right?

I filed 1/16/18, my NOA is the same date. Local office is Jacksonville, FL. Green card date 4/14/15. And you???

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

1 hour ago, MrsHopkins said:

Hi Frigatebird,

Yes, we're in this together! We'll get through it, they will have to move the case forward at some point, right?

I filed 1/16/18, my NOA is the same date. Local office is Jacksonville, FL. Green card date 4/14/15. And you???

Mine is Honolulu, HI. Green card date is 03/02/2015. So both of us have pending ROC I guess?

43 minutes ago, frigatebird said:

Mine is Honolulu, HI. Green card date is 03/02/2015. So both of us have pending ROC I guess?

Omg! Hawaii!! Awesome. I did have my ROC pending up until 3/1/18 when it was approved. I don't know if the citizenship application moved it along, it doesn’t look like it. I applied for the ROC on 2/15/17. Is yours California Service Center? I would call them and ask about your ROC. I did call and ask about my case and it was approved a few days later. 

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

Do any people here check the case tracker site regularly ? It's not the same site as myaccount and does not have the same login (unless you set it up yourself as such), and is at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

What does your 'Next Steps' field say when you enter your NBC or IOE receipt number ? Does everyone post FP show: "We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you." ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.