CadillacGirl_1966

Income Requirement for Sponsorship

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys so I'm going through everything and I'm currently looking at the financial requirements for sponsoring my british fiance. I know I dont really have to worry about this until later, but I've dug out my tax returns for the last few years and it isnt looking good. 2016 my adjusted gross income was just 13,000! Terrible. The year before that was a little better at 18k but still not good enough. I've worked all night to figure out my income for this year and it just breaks 25k before any credits or adjustments. Is this going to be enough? Should I get a co sponsor? The way my job is I can basically make as much money as I want to, really not sure what happened in 2016 but I thought I made a lot more than that. If I make a lot in the new year, can I bring bank statements to show that? I imagine we wont need the financial proof until later next year. We plan on filing the first step at the end of february. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

what's important is current income, if your current income is above the poverty guidelines

plus the last tax is fine, then you don't need a joint sponsor, the i134  and taxes are needed for the interview, so you have a long way to go

Ok that makes me feel better. Especially since my parents said no lol... So basically I'll just work and make as much money as possible from now until then so I can show them. It's gonna be a long year lol

Filed: Timeline

I dont think aleful realized you are self employed. So it is going to be a problem. As someone self employed to qualify you need to have at least 1 year of tax returns showing your self employment (which you do) but unfortunately they are lower then the guidelines. You need to show you make at least the guidelines on one year of taxes. 

The only thing I can suggest is to not take any deductions for 2017 and paying tax on the whole amount you made (25k) and you have a chance of them approving you. You also need current documentation of your earnings. This can be projection sheets. Honestly its a hit or miss type scenario with the work you do on being approved as stable. Ive helped people put together 864 packets before in your situation. Let me know if you need help when the time comes.

Thanks. Yeah I will do that. I'll just pay the whole tax. And I plan on making a lot next year as well so I can show them I am making good money. I just didnt really have the motivation until the end of this year to start making serious money. I hope they wont deny me just because of that. I mean 2017 I will clearly have made over the requirement

Self employment is always tricky with the 864. But you wont be submitting an 864 until some time in 2018. So 2017 will be you last years tax return. If you can show income on it above the poverty guidelines as well as proof the income is continuing at the same rate or higher you should be okay. Because of the type of work you do you have to get more creative about proof. Normally you submit things like ongoing contracts or profit/loss sheets for the month/upcoming months. But you dont have any of those things. You can make up profit/loss sheets and mock work schedules with projected income as well as the contacts you signed with the websites showing your percentage earned. Also self employed people submit a statement outlining the type of work, the rate of pay, degrees they have . etc. This again is tricky to do with what you do but it has been done successfully. Are you on stripperweb forums. I suggest you post there in the finance section. Plenty of people on there who have went through the immigration process as well. 

Whoah yeah actually I am haha... SW is my go to for a lot of things. I'll do whatever I have to to get this done. I have been with my studio for nearly 10 years. I can get a letter of employment from them and stuff too if I need it. I know technically I am an independent contractor but I suppose it wouldnt hurt. I will definitely have income above the poverty line but it is income I dont just make with my main website. I work all sorts of places and angles (all legal obviously) so on the i-129f where it says employment do I have to list all of them? 

Why are you with a studio?? Youd make more being signed up independently. A studio takes a percentage of your percentage. Anyway, for the 864 purposes you are self-employed since you get paid on 1099s. For your employment history you would list self-employed for each 'type of job' you do. For example if you were a writer you would list self-employed writer from 1/2010 to present. You dont list each company you wrote for. But if you also had a second 'type of job' in addition to writing like ad design then you would list that as a second 'job'/

For you specifically your self employed as an 'internet model' - list the to and from dates regardless of how many sites you modeled on. If you also have an independent website you could list that a second 'job' something like website owner.manager income. If you sell items freelance style you would list that as a 3rd job as merchandise sales. But if you are selling through the camsite or webpage it wouldnt be listed separately. Youd only list it if it was separate income stream. So the actual modeling/time on cam is one income stream, do you have a second independent income stream? 

Honestly I believe there are threads on SW about the 864 but youd have to search. 

Yes I work on several sites. I do texting with 2 different companies, clip sales with two others... camming with just one but I also do independent camming where I use a payment processor to take money directly through their service. All different companies. I dont really sell physical items or at least I havent this past year and I dont really want to include my Mistress website or Mistress name on the form because I feel like they're already going to be discriminatory enough. I dont do live sessions anymore either, and I dont want them thinking I am doing illegal stuff. I am getting ready to get into hypno videos this year which is a huge seller. My friend makes 6 grand a month just selling those. If I can get in on that I can definitely show them I have enough income. I will check SW for sure. I didnt even think of it as a possible source of help but it seems like a no brainer now lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.