royalty

AOS I-485 Part 6, part8 question 17 (merged)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi guys, I'm filling concurrently form 1-130 and I-485. I'm a visitor on a B2 Visa and I'm recently married to USC spouse. I have question? On Part 3 of form i-485 asking for address history in the last 5 years both inside and outside the United States and mentioning the current address first. Do I put in my spouse address where i currently live as current address or my home country address? My last entry into the US was on the 11th Nov. 

2. In the section for work history do I put unemployed since I don't work in the United States but I own and run a company back in my home country ? Or i should mention it as my current employment? Does it count as a negative ?

3. My spouse wants to petition for my kids under 18, do I file and submit my kids petition separately or I can submit them together but in different package?

Looking forward to your response, thanks.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, royalty said:

Hi guys, I'm filling concurrently form 1-130 and I-485. I'm a visitor on a B2 Visa and I'm recently married to USC spouse. I have question? On Part 3 of form i-485 asking for address history in the last 5 years both inside and outside the United States and mentioning the current address first. Do I put in my spouse address where i currently live as current address or my home country address? My last entry into the US was on the 11th Nov. Since you currently live with your spouse, you have to put that address as your current address.

2. In the section for work history do I put unemployed since I don't work in the United States but I own and run a company back in my home country ? Or i should mention it as my current employment? Does it count as a negative ? If you're talking about the Form I-485 under employment history. It says there to provide your employment history for the last 5 years whether inside or outside the United States and provide the most recent. 

3. My spouse wants to petition for my kids under 18, do I file and submit my kids petition separately or I can submit them together but in different package? If you are a U.S. citizen petitioning for a spouse, and for your children with that spouse, you need to file separate Forms I-130 for each person. If, on the other hand, you are a lawful permanent resident petitioning for a spouse, and for your children with that spouse, you file a single Form I-130 for the spouse and include the children.

I hope this helps. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here in VJ. Some one might have more information than what I've told you. 

Good luck! :) 

AOS

10/10/17 – Package sent (Chicago Lockbox)

10/17/17- Package received 

10/25/17 – E-notification (Text & Email) received

10/30/17 – NOA1 Received (From MSC/NBC)

11/03/17 - Biometrics Appointment Received (Appt. 11/14/17)

11/14/15 - Biometrics for I-485 & I-765 done

01/08/2018 - Received NOA2 (Request for applicant to appear for initial interview) 

01/17/2018 - EAD/AP approved (Took 92 days)

01/18/2018 - Received Text & Email regarding EAD/AP approval

01/22/2018 - Approval Notice received in the mail

01/22/2018 - EAD/AP card processed and mailed out via USPS. (Estimated delivery date 01/24/2018) 

01/24/2017 - EAD/AP card on hand

02/06/2018 - AOS interview appointment 

02/06/2018 - Interview - Recommended for approval

02/07/2018 - GC being produced

02/15/2018 - GC on hand:dance::dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
2 hours ago, royalty said:

Hi guys, I'm filling concurrently form 1-130 and I-485. I'm a visitor on a B2 Visa and I'm recently married to USC spouse. I have question? On Part 3 of form i-485 asking for address history in the last 5 years both inside and outside the United States and mentioning the current address first. Do I put in my spouse address where i currently live as current address or my home country address? My last entry into the US was on the 11th Nov. 

2. In the section for work history do I put unemployed since I don't work in the United States but I own and run a company back in my home country ? Or i should mention it as my current employment? Does it count as a negative ?

3. My spouse wants to petition for my kids under 18, do I file and submit my kids petition separately or I can submit them together but in different package?

1. current address is where you live presently and where you will receive all correspondence that i spouses address.

2. Unemployed.

3.Each person has a different petition/package.

20 minutes ago, azblk said:

1. current address is where you live presently and where you will receive all correspondence that i spouses address.

2. Unemployed.

3.Each person has a different petition/package.

Hi, thanks for your response. When you say "unemployed" in regards to my second do you mean for the most recent only? Because I have to provide for last ten 10yrs whether inside or outside United States. For number 3, do I have to mail packages the same time or it doesn't matter? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, royalty said:

Hi, thanks for your response. When you say "unemployed" in regards to my second do you mean for the most recent only? Because I have to provide for last ten 10yrs whether inside or outside United States. For number 3, do I have to mail packages the same time or it doesn't matter? 

most recent is unemployed from NOV 2017 to present. Before that you put self employed or business owner.

3. It does not matter. Are the children here or in home country?

17 hours ago, azblk said:

most recent is unemployed from NOV 2017 to present. Before that you put self employed or business owner.

3. It does not matter. Are the children here or in home country?

The children are in the home country.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, royalty said:

The children are in the home country.

Since the children are in home country she can only file i-130 for consular processing and wait.  The consulate or embassy will contact you when it is time to proceed.

Didn't you interview last year?

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

1 hour ago, azblk said:

Since the children are in home country she can only file i-130 for consular processing and wait.  The consulate or embassy will contact you when it is time to proceed.

Thanks much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, royalty said:

Each will have its own petition package but they can be mailed together in the same envelope

YMMV

On 12/17/2017 at 2:02 PM, royalty said:

Thanks much

Hi, 

If I have joint custody of my kids from previous marriage do I have to include it with divorce certificate? Would I in the future require my ex spouse to sign any documents of consent  before the I-130 petitioned for my kids by my present spouse be approved?

Timeline
8 hours ago, royalty said:

Hi, 

If I have joint custody of my kids from previous marriage do I have to include it with divorce certificate? Would I in the future require my ex spouse to sign any documents of consent  before the I-130 petitioned for my kids by my present spouse be approved?

The i-130 can be approved but the kids will not get issued visas unless your ex-spouse has no objection ( in other words awards you full custody).

Hello guys, 

I'm filling the form I-485 to adjust status to permanent resident, in part 6 of the form it's says list all of children of any age, married or unmarried. Do i have to least my children who are adults and above 21 or just minor children below 18? 

Also it asks if they are applying with me, since my spouse is going to petition for my children's who are minors but presently in my home country, do I tick a "YES" or a "No" because I'm the only one adjusting my status?

Part 8 question 17; if I have violated any immigration laws, does an overstay count as violation? What do I write as explanation in additional information part If I tick a yes. 

Part 9; accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If I don't fall under that category do I tick a NO? or I should leave it blank since I'm not disabled. 

Looking forward to your response, Thanks 

Hello guys, 

I'm filling the form I-485 to adjust status to permanent resident, in part 6 of the form it's says list all of children of any age, married or unmarried. Do i have to least my children who are adults and above 21 or just minor children below 18? 

Also it asks if they are applying with me, since my spouse is going to petition for my children's who are minors but presently in my home country, do I tick a "YES" or a "NO because I'm the only one adjusting my status and my kids are still in my home country?

Part 8 question 17; if I have violated any immigration laws, does an overstay count as violation? What do I write as explanation in additional information part If I tick a yes. 

Part 9; accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If I don't fall under that category do I tick a NO? or I should leave it blank since I'm not disabled. 

Looking forward to your response, Thanks 

On 12/17/2017 at 2:02 PM, royalty said:

Thanks much

Hi, 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.