297 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Mammimaus2007, thank you

Can I ask what the 2 x $380 is for ?????????

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I guess I can say it in the good old German way "zu frueh gefreut"! I just got a call from the consulate. The girl on the phone said that they were waiting for the petition to "come down" (whatever that means - I guess it is on someone's desk sleeping) and therefore they have to cancel my interview appointment for Thursday. She said that otherwise they have everything and I shouldn't worry. Great! According to her it will take 4 - 6 weeks until I get a new appointment! How can that happen? How can they send out interview appointments although they don't know if their paperwork is ready?! Unbelievable! I hate bureaucracy! :-((

Now my husband is already in the states, I am here not knowing when I get that stupid appointment and when I can fly over. :-(

Julchen *very very upset**

* met at University in WA 2003

* visits back and forth

* he moved to Germany with me Jan 2006

* got married Aug, 3, 2007

* filed for DCF on Aug, 6th

*Aug, 30, medical exam in Dortmund ... everything went well :-)

* Sept. 7th: letter in the mail: INTERVIEWDATE for SEPTEMBER 20th!!! That was wicked fast! :-))

* Sept. 14th: bureaucracy sucks!! Interview appointment cancelled by the consulate due to internal delays!! :-(( New appointment in approximately 4 - 6 weeks. :-((

* Happiness again: new interview appointment letter received; date: OCT 5th!!

* Oct. 5th: Interview appointment SUCCESSFUL!!! :-))

* Interview went super ... received I-551 about 5 days later

* Flew to US Nov 10th

* Jan, 12: Welcome Letter in the Mail :-)

* Jan 17: Permanent Resident Card in the Mail!!! And two more welcome letters! ;-)

Hey guys,

I guess I can say it in the good old German way "zu frueh gefreut"! I just got a call from the consulate. The girl on the phone said that they were waiting for the petition to "come down" (whatever that means - I guess it is on someone's desk sleeping) and therefore they have to cancel my interview appointment for Thursday. She said that otherwise they have everything and I shouldn't worry. Great! According to her it will take 4 - 6 weeks until I get a new appointment! How can that happen? How can they send out interview appointments although they don't know if their paperwork is ready?! Unbelievable! I hate bureaucracy! :-((

Now my husband is already in the states, I am here not knowing when I get that stupid appointment and when I can fly over. :-(

Julchen *very very upset**

unbelievable, i am sorry to hear that :blink:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

That is lame that your interview date was cancelled. I hope you get another soon.

My husband has yet to get anything from USCIS in the mail. We had to drive through Canada this weekend. The Canadian immigration officer had some sand in her nether regions and was trying to play US immigration officer. She kept saying his stamped visa was invalid and he would not be allowed to enter the US. Where was his I-94, she screamed like a possessed harpy. When I tried to stop getting her to be a biitch long enough to read the visa ->I-551, she just said 'I am not going to talk to you. This proves nothing. Go to the immigration office.'. Fun times when the officer there said well, she was wrong and wasted an hour of our time. What the hell does that have to do period with *entering* Canada? Agh. Then when we drove back across the border, the US immigration officer just looked at his I-551, said OK, and that was it. About 1 minute.

I hope you all have some decent news. :P

That is lame that your interview date was cancelled. I hope you get another soon.

My husband has yet to get anything from USCIS in the mail. We had to drive through Canada this weekend. The Canadian immigration officer had some sand in her nether regions and was trying to play US immigration officer. She kept saying his stamped visa was invalid and he would not be allowed to enter the US. Where was his I-94, she screamed like a possessed harpy. When I tried to stop getting her to be a biitch long enough to read the visa ->I-551, she just said 'I am not going to talk to you. This proves nothing. Go to the immigration office.'. Fun times when the officer there said well, she was wrong and wasted an hour of our time. What the hell does that have to do period with *entering* Canada? Agh. Then when we drove back across the border, the US immigration officer just looked at his I-551, said OK, and that was it. About 1 minute.

Oh, what an incompetent at the border :blink:

How are you wacken?

DCF Frankfurt Germany

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

Living in Maryland

damn, that is ridiculous wacken ... but I am glad to hear it worked out at the end.

today is my moving day. out of the apartment and back to my parents. But it seems like it will be just for a few days. My mother called me yesterday saying that I received a letter from the US Consulate ... it sounds like the one with a new appointment date. I'll know more when I get home tonight ... :-)) **hopes up again**

* visits back and forth

* Sept. 7th: letter in the mail: INTERVIEWDATE for SEPTEMBER 20th!!! That was wicked fast! :-))

* Sept. 14th: bureaucracy sucks!! Interview appointment cancelled by the consulate due to internal delays!! :-(( New appointment in approximately 4 - 6 weeks. :-((

* Flew to US Nov 10th

* Jan 17: Permanent Resident Card in the Mail!!! And two more welcome letters! ;-)

good luck to you :thumbs:

damn, that is ridiculous wacken ... but I am glad to hear it worked out at the end.

today is my moving day. out of the apartment and back to my parents. But it seems like it will be just for a few days. My mother called me yesterday saying that I received a letter from the US Consulate ... it sounds like the one with a new appointment date. I'll know more when I get home tonight ... :-)) **hopes up again**

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

ok, here comes the good news!!! :-)) my appointment date is THIS FRIDAY!!!! I am soo happy!

good luck to you :thumbs:

* visits back and forth

* Flew to US Nov 10th

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Good luck with your interview! :)

I am doing OK. However, I think someone does not want me to own a car.

Car 1: Died.

Car 2: Odometer fraud.

Car 3: A thankfully well insured driver killed it ten days after we bought it. Still getting all of that straightened out.

Car 4 is in the works...

Julchenno12, good luck to you on Friday! Come back with good news :thumbs:

Wacken, what's up with you and cars?????? :devil: old cars are like a lottery, the best is to buy a newer one, still in warranty. Good luck !

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Julchenno12, good luck to you on Friday! Come back with good news :thumbs:

Wacken, what's up with you and cars?????? :devil: old cars are like a lottery, the best is to buy a newer one, still in warranty. Good luck !

Hey guys,

good news!

Today was my interview at the consulat in Frankfurt. I had to be there at 9am. Got there about

25 minutes earlier. After registration and security check I went into the main hall and

was immediately called to the last window on the left (is it 21, 22?) to hand in the DS-230

part II and my passport. Then I had to pay the visa fee at the cashier and was told to sit

down until my number was called. The first two guys at the windows were super nice.

I waited for about one hour when my number was called and I had to go to window 19. It was

a very nice lady going through my documents with me. She then told me to sit down again until

my number was called again. About 25 min later it was time. :-) This time, I was called to window

17 where a nice guy was waiting. He asked me if all information I filled on the forms was

the truth. I said "yes" and he made me sign the DS-230 part II. Then he said that they looked

through my documents and approve my visa petition. My visa would be mailed out next week.

YAY! And that was it! :-)) No question about our relationship or other stuff. I was a little

suprised, but also happy and relieved! I had an unnecessary sleepless night and "destroyed"

my photoalbum for nothing (I had taken some photos as proof). Now only the German mail has

to do their job and bring me THE envelope next week! :-))

So, I have my eyes on flights for Nov. 10th. But I will wait until I get my passport and the green card

back and then book. I'll keep you up to date. Can't wait to be there. :-))

* visits back and forth

* Flew to US Nov 10th

Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Concratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey all, I madeit to Florida. Flying with CONDOR and 2 children wasn't a good idea LOL,I was like sooooooo stressed out and tired, POE was Orlando and why in the world did I had to take the huge XRay envelope with me? nobody wants it at the POE it's with me @the Hotel now LOL

My hubby already has a great job and we are house hunting, we already love Ocala :0)

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

BY THE WAY...

people looking for cheap flights... www.condor.de has really cheap ones and they are the only ones apart from icelandair that I know of, who sell cheaper oneway tickets

we bought tickets for the 5th of September for 379 Euro per person (one way, all included) from Frankfurt to Vancouver (Canada) .. then we'll take the car across the border

We paid 597 Euros for 3 Persons from Frankfurt to Orlando including all Fees and Taxes meaning 199 Euros per person. BUT Condor has small seats, you have to buy your earphones to watch a movie and you have to pay for snacks LOL, the food wasn't that great :0( but hey it was cheap so I wont complain

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.