297 posts in this topic

Thanks guys.

Well I have the appointment tomorrow morning and have gone over the forms like mad making sure there are no errors and leaving anything questionable blank. I'll ask them at my appointment about the financial part perhaps, I want to start getting that prepared. We are going to go into the local rathaus on Monday to get the Police Check started.

We've already started putting together a photo timeline kinda thing too for the interview, which I likely won't be here for since I have to go back to the US to begin my new job. One of my friends and his wife came to Copenhagen for our wedding so hopefully that will be a bonus too. I just don't want to end up being a 6 month or longer case, hoping we are a 3 month start to finish visa process :)

Thanks again!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally filed mine on Friday. I thought I had put everything together but guess I misunderstood one thing; They want the proof of relationship together with the I-130 application. I thought it was for the interview portion so I was still collecting it all. So now I will send off a packet tomorrow containing all the proof I have.

They did confirm I have to get the police check done for Ukraine, which is going to be a complete nightmare. We have everything already collected for the 2nd part except that. So we could have essentially been done really fast, according to the lady at the consulate. Now we'll have to wait on Ukrainian officials and may have to travel there in order to start that process. :(

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

That is OK. Normally it takes between 6 weeks and 4 months for the I-130 to be approved. There is time to get the certificate.

If you have a child together, generally the birth certificate with both of your names on it is all you need for further proof of a relationship. We sent the Consular Report of Birth Abroad certificate and they were fine with it.

• 1 month later...
Hey .... haven't been around for a long time

Really. How have you been? :star:

well :) lots has happened. not sure where to start. I'm still in WA, north of Seattle at the same christian camp & conference center, no longer a cook, but a Guest Service Host. Generally things are going well. In January our first child was born, a little girl, which was quite an amazing event to witness. Though all seemed well following the birth, to our deepest grief, our newborn daughter died the same day of an infection. We had a lot of support from our community, friends and family and our faith, so that we were able to carry on, but of course this isn't something that will ever seize to effect us. So.... On a brighter note, we're going back to Europe in the summer for 2 weeks for my brother's wedding (in Denmark) I'm really looking forward to see my family again.

that's a bit of my life in recap...

also....

my passport runs out a few days after returning from Europe. Silly me for not thinking about that sooner. And now I've found out that to get a new passport i have to go to San Francisco !!!!! (crazy!) so... I'm going to risk traveling with my almost outdated passport since from what I could gather it should be fine. And then I guess I'll go to San Fran sometime in the fall?! Stupid electronic fingerprints!

timelineAUG20.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else has any updates, I haven't been back in awhile with so much other stuff going on. In any case my time is running out since I have to report for my new job in the States on September 15th. We filed in person on May 30th but still no approval for the I-130. We have to give up the apartment by the end of September so its not looking good for us. We tried contacting them today but I guess you are not allowed to request information until the processing time exceeds 90 days (Sept 1).

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else is having a slow run through Frankfurt currently.

Edited by awayfromhome

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if anyone else has any updates, I haven't been back in awhile with so much other stuff going on. In any case my time is running out since I have to report for my new job in the States on September 15th. We filed in person on May 30th but still no approval for the I-130. We have to give up the apartment by the end of September so its not looking good for us. We tried contacting them today but I guess you are not allowed to request information until the processing time exceeds 90 days (Sept 1).

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else is having a slow run through Frankfurt currently.

Just to let you know.. I jumped in the same boat of filing the I130 in frankfurt.. but I did it 3 weeks after you..

I'm flying to the states in 10 days.. and we still havent heard anything yet =( I'm bummed that I'm going to be flying alone.. but hopefully it all goes through quickly.. maybe you'll meet my wife for your interviews!!!

ps. PLEASE POST if and when you hear anything.. it'd be nice to know about WHEN this is all going to be finished...

peace

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Hey .... haven't been around for a long time

Really. How have you been? :star:

well :) lots has happened. not sure where to start. I'm still in WA, north of Seattle at the same christian camp & conference center, no longer a cook, but a Guest Service Host. Generally things are going well. In January our first child was born, a little girl, which was quite an amazing event to witness. Though all seemed well following the birth, to our deepest grief, our newborn daughter died the same day of an infection. We had a lot of support from our community, friends and family and our faith, so that we were able to carry on, but of course this isn't something that will ever seize to effect us. So.... On a brighter note, we're going back to Europe in the summer for 2 weeks for my brother's wedding (in Denmark) I'm really looking forward to see my family again.

that's a bit of my life in recap...

also....

my passport runs out a few days after returning from Europe. Silly me for not thinking about that sooner. And now I've found out that to get a new passport i have to go to San Francisco !!!!! (crazy!) so... I'm going to risk traveling with my almost outdated passport since from what I could gather it should be fine. And then I guess I'll go to San Fran sometime in the fall?! Stupid electronic fingerprints!

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. (F)

Yeah, the passport thing sucks. We have to go to Chicago in a few weeks so my husband can renew his. We are going back to Germany in December for a month. I hope you enjoy your brother's wedding (or enjoyed it? Haven't been upstairs in awhile!).

Glad to hear from you again!

Just to let you know.. I jumped in the same boat of filing the I130 in frankfurt.. but I did it 3 weeks after you..

I'm flying to the states in 10 days.. and we still havent heard anything yet =( I'm bummed that I'm going to be flying alone.. but hopefully it all goes through quickly.. maybe you'll meet my wife for your interviews!!!

ps. PLEASE POST if and when you hear anything.. it'd be nice to know about WHEN this is all going to be finished...

peace

hours lady.. my wife gave me the call.. interview apt. Sept. 15!!!

Praise God!

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your interview!

Well we called to check the status of our I-130 and were only told that it was sitting on the Officer's desk, so hopefully that means it'll get approved before the month is over :unsure:

Any idea how long after you get the notice that your I-130 is approved and when the interview notification is received? Since we give up the apartment my wife is being forced to return home until we know when the interview is because she will have nowhere else to stay in Germany. I was really hoping she'd be on her way to join me in the States before the end of October, had a trip planned for us :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone ;)

I was busy having a baby, but now I'm back to visa journey. My appointment interview is 15th Oct. I changed my address and my husband changed his job after the embassy received our Ds-230 form.

I'm a little stressed, because we are already buying our tickets to the States and I hope I will have visa then.

Should I send another form with updated info?

N-400 timeline (under sec. 319 b from overseas)

9/13/2010 - N-400 packet sent to Vermont

9/21/2010 - NOA

3/11/2011-after emailing Faifax Office: biometrics scheduled for 1 Apr, 2011 and interview date 6 Apr 2011

4/6/2011 - interview and oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.