itsdonealready

Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers

863 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, mangorange said:

July 7th

Any word on your green card, mangorange? We had interviews in Minneapolis around the same day and we both didn't get approved on the spot. We haven't had any updates since the day of the interview; online it still says: "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
27 minutes ago, cool_beans said:

Any word on your green card, mangorange? We had interviews in Minneapolis around the same day and we both didn't get approved on the spot. We haven't had any updates since the day of the interview; online it still says: "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed."

May I ask when did you get the email notification about interview was scheduled?

thanks 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

May I ask when did you get the email notification about interview was scheduled?

thanks 

I received an email on July 8th.

Timeline
14 hours ago, cool_beans said:

Nope, haven't heard anything yet. Our online status still says "Interview was scheduled"...  

Timeline
On 9/1/2018 at 7:42 AM, Mar_31 said:

Hi we got the email notification last week ( August 23) that the interview was scheduled and we will be receiving the letter. I am still waiting for the letter but the lawyer we hired to help us file the whole thing called us saying she also got a notification saying my interview is for October 1.

I hope that helps.

Did you get the paper mail about interview notification 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/2/2018 at 5:00 PM, natsusnowy1204 said:

Did you get the paper mail about interview notification 

Not yet, I am still waiting for it. 

I will let you all know as soon as I receive it. 

I will contact my lawyer to ask how she got the notification with the date .

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mar_31 said:

Not yet, I am still waiting for it. 

I will let you all know as soon as I receive it. 

I will contact my lawyer to ask how she got the notification with the date .

Thank you very much!!!

On 8/23/2018 at 8:27 PM, Mar_31 said:

Hello everyone

This morning I got an  notification on my phone saying that my interview has been scheduled and they will be sending a letter providing the date and more details about the interview.

So my question is how long does it usually take* to get the letter In the mailbox?  

Do you have a check-list of the stuff we should bring to the interview? 

I am a hotmess now lol. 

We filed on June 7, 2017 , AOS married based from a Tourist visa.

TIA.

GO COLOMBIA!!! :) Finally! Congratulations! I put together a thread with links to resources on how to stage your evidence on another site. 1mm1help 

Just google in quotes "Links: Evidence of bona fide marriage for I-130/I-485 filing & interview tips" 

It will be the first result. All the best to you,

USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline

It's been a little over 3 weeks since our interview and we finally received some positive news in an email:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 
On September 6, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Now let's just hope they send it to the right address (we moved a few weeks ago)!

Timeline
10 hours ago, cool_beans said:

It's been a little over 3 weeks since our interview and we finally received some positive news in an email:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 
On September 6, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Now let's just hope they send it to the right address (we moved a few weeks ago)!

Congratulations!!! So happy for you ! Do you remember how long does it take to receive the paper mail in the mailbox after you got the email notification from Uscis? 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

Congratulations!!! So happy for you ! Do you remember how long does it take to receive the paper mail in the mailbox after you got the email notification from Uscis? 

Thank you!

If you are asking about the interview email, me and mangoorange (and a number of others) have already answered your enquires regarding this. 

We haven't received anything in the mail about the GC being produced yet.

Edited by cool_beans

Timeline
1 minute ago, cool_beans said:

Me and mangoorange (and a number of others) have already answered your enquires regarding this. 

I’m sorry that I forgot it, I being too nervous since I didn’t get the paper mail yet after 1week from the day I got email notification. 

I’m worry that post office or uscis goofiedy address because I just moved 3 weeks ago, even I submitted the address change.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

I’m sorry that I forgot it, I being too nervous since I didn’t get the paper mail yet after 1week from the day I got email notification. 

I’m worry that post office or uscis goofiedy address because I just moved 3 weeks ago, even I submitted the address change.

For the interview, we received the email on July 8th and the letter on July 16th. We had recently moved and, despite getting a confirmation of change of address in late June, they sent it to the old address. Fortunately, the old roommate still lived at the old address and gave us the letter.

Timeline
1 minute ago, cool_beans said:

For the interview, we received the email on July 8th and the letter on July 16th. We had recently moved and, despite getting a confirmation of change of address in late June, they sent it to the old address. Fortunately, the old roommate still lived at the old address and gave us the letter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding , I being too nervous and sensitive about the letter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got our interview letter.  :)  Our interview is scheduled for October 3rd.

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.