capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2018-03-27 at 2:21 PM, A & C 1 said:

email

both! got an email first then a copy in the mail about 8 days later. i sent my packet 3 sheet as soon as our status changed to ready tho (even before the email they sent)

Did anyone else have issues booking the interview? I find everything so contradictory...in the case status check it says Ready and i'm now able to book the interview but then it says the NVC books it for me?!

We tried paying the fee and booking the interview anyway and it says no appointments available check back in a few days. UGH!

AND we tried to book the medical in Montreal and they told us we couldnt book anything until we scheduled our interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Corgi11 said:

Did anyone else have issues booking the interview? I find everything so contradictory...in the case status check it says Ready and i'm now able to book the interview but then it says the NVC books it for me?!

We tried paying the fee and booking the interview anyway and it says no appointments available check back in a few days. UGH!

AND we tried to book the medical in Montreal and they told us we couldnt book anything until we scheduled our interview. 

It depends on whether you are CR1/IR1 or K1. If you are CR1/IR1 the NVC schedules your interview. They only release dates every so often and then NVC schedules them for Montreal. They go by NVC case complete as to who gets the first interview slots.

If you are K1 that's a different process and you schedule your own interview. Others would be able to provide details for that process.

Edited by acidrain

Timeline
5 hours ago, villemarie said:

both! got an email first then a copy in the mail about 8 days later. i sent my packet 3 sheet as soon as our status changed to ready tho (even before the email they sent)

We just did this and we're hoping they accept.. How long did it take for them to get back to your email??

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
1 hour ago, kas634 said:

We just did this and we're hoping they accept.. How long did it take for them to get back to your email??

they replied the same day! i sent packet 3 in the morning and they replied in the afgernoon with the interview email. saying i was ready to schedule. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Corgi11 said:

for k1, we sent in our packet 3 list by email as soon as our status changed to ready and the consulate emailed us back saying we were ready to book our interview. there were available dates. we did have to do it ourselves 

22 hours ago, villemarie said:

for k1, we sent in our packet 3 list by email as soon as our status changed to ready and the consulate emailed us back saying we were ready to book our interview. there were available dates. we did have to do it ourselves 

Ok thanks, we sent our packet 3, hoping we hear back from them!

Timeline

👋 hey everyone 

so our status changed to READY yesterday?

now what to do next for K1 ? 

Do we have to send p3 my email to them? 

Or we have to wait for their mail or something??

When to book our medical? Before the interview bookings or after ? 

Em from toronto so can i go for medical in toronto to mentioned physicians?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Shav said:

👋 hey everyone 

DS-160, if you haven't already, and yes, send p3 via email.  Then wait (won't be long) for them to respond with p4.  Then setup interview, then medical.  Can't setup medical until interview date is setup, even though medical must transpire before the interview.  Can't setup interview until they email you p4.  Good luck!

Timeline
1 minute ago, A & C 1 said:

DS-160, if you haven't already, and yes, send p3 via email.  Then wait (won't be long) for them to respond with p4.  Then setup interview, then medical.  Can't setup medical until interview date is setup, even though medical must transpire before the interview.  Can't setup interview until they email you p4.  Good luck!

Thanks a lot 🙏🏻🍻🎉🎉

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, acidrain said:

It depends on whether you are CR1/IR1 or K1. If you are CR1/IR1 the NVC schedules your interview. They only release dates every so often and then NVC schedules them for Montreal. They go by NVC case complete as to who gets the first interview slots.

If you are K1 that's a different process and you schedule your own interview. Others would be able to provide details for that process.

Thank you this is helpful! I am cr1 and was worried I would need to keep checking for dates but I am super curious how long out they are. We had noa2 last month but nvc still hasn't rec'd from potomac...I am so curious how much longer we might have.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, kendraf said:

Thank you this is helpful! I am cr1 and was worried I would need to keep checking for dates but I am super curious how long out they are. We had noa2 last month but nvc still hasn't rec'd from potomac...I am so curious how much longer we might have.

Have you received a case number at NVC? It took 3 weeks from my NOA2 until I received my case/invoice number that is needed to access the CEAC website. I just kept calling the NVC. If you do not receive your number within 6 weeks I would ask to speak to a supervisor at NVC. They should have you up and going by that time.

In terms of scheduling an interview that will happen after you submit all of your documents/pay the fees on the CEAC website and receive "documentarily qualified". You wait until NVC schedules an interview. Some receive the appointment date quicker than others but on average it's about 52 days after you have your case complete.

Edited by acidrain

16 hours ago, Shav said:

👋 hey everyone 

What was the RFE for Shav? Amazing how it took a month plus to process. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Have you received a case number at NVC? It took 3 weeks from my NOA2 until I received my case/invoice number that is needed to access the CEAC website. I just kept calling the NVC. If you do not receive your number within 6 weeks I would ask to speak to a supervisor at NVC. They should have you up and going by that time.

In terms of scheduling an interview that will happen after you submit all of your documents/pay the fees on the CEAC website and receive "documentarily qualified". You wait until NVC schedules an interview. Some receive the appointment date quicker than others but on average it's about 52 days after you have your case complete.

This is very helpful! Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.