capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Flames9_RN said:

Thru more VJ searches.....many say if one Or whom ever does it, is fluent in both languages u can translate it urself and add this statement http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations   The consulate staff prob know enough French that its not an issue.  As well there will be local hires (Canadians from Montreal) that can easily verify the BC.  

Thanks for researching that! I can definitely translate it myself and will fill out & sign the statement.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

worse case condition...u find a certified translator in Montreal and dash back.....burn a few more calories and enjoy that poutine!!  When we resided in Ecuador they had a Poutine place.....owners were from Quebec I believe.  It was ok, but not as good as Mtl.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
On 2/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, Flames9_RN said:

When we resided in Ecuador they had a Poutine place.....owners were from Quebec I believe.  It was ok, but not as good as Mtl.

Haha, my friend is in Ecuador right now and she said the same thing: there is a Poutine place, good but not as good as Canada.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

Haha, my friend is in Ecuador right now and she said the same thing: there is a Poutine place, good but not as good as Canada.

The weather in Quito is perfect..Spring temps all yr round..cheap beer,lol   They play hockey there as well...small rink in 1 of the malls......back to topic............... Hope todays Interview went well.......

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
1 hour ago, Flames9_RN said:

The weather in Quito is perfect..Spring temps all yr round..cheap beer,lol   They play hockey there as well...small rink in 1 of the malls......back to topic............... Hope todays Interview went well.......

She says Quito is the most beautiful place she's ever been.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

She says Quito is the most beautiful place she's ever been.

It is nice, enjoyed my nearly 2 yrs there......Preferred Nicaragua over it to be honest....cheaper....close beaches..cheaper beer,lol

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Flames9_RN said:

It is nice, enjoyed my nearly 2 yrs there......Preferred Nicaragua over it to be honest....cheaper....close beaches..cheaper beer,lol

My friend also lived in Nicaragua for a time, just north of Matagalpa in a tiny town.  She prefers Quito.  She liked Costa Rica and Uruguay better than Nicaragua also.  Guess it all just depends on the area and circumstances.

Edited by A & C 1

Timeline
20 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

My friend also lived in Nicaragua for a time, just north of Matagalpa in a tiny town.  She prefers Quito.  She liked Costa Rica and Uruguay better than Nicaragua also.  Guess it all just depends on the area and circumstances.

yep....Nicaragua is the 2nd poorest country in the W. Hemisphere, so not so pretty on the eyes at times......We loved the beaches...hours drive from Managua.....miles of beaches and would be just us and our 2 dogs......1 which we brought back with us...Sure CR was prettier, but more $$$$,lol  Don't miss the hot weather though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great review, thanks! My interview is on Wednesday. Taking the train from Toronto to Montreal tomorrow evening. I keep double checking my documents lol. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Cm6307 said:

Great review, thanks! My interview is on Wednesday. Taking the train from Toronto to Montreal tomorrow evening. I keep double checking my documents lol. 

It will go fine, but I know the feeling!

On 3/5/2018 at 7:32 PM, Cm6307 said:

HOW DID IT GO????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

HOW DID IT GO????

Great, I was approved! My experience was pretty much the exact same as OP's, same questions too. I think the same lady does all the interviews. She's very sweet and not intimidating at all.

Timeline has been updated. 

Edited by Cm6307

1 minute ago, Cm6307 said:

Great, I was approved! My experience was pretty much the exact same as OP's, same questions too. I think the same lady does all the interviews. She's very sweet and not intimidating at all.

Timeline has been updated. 

Congrats!!!!!!  

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Corgi11 said:

Hey everyone, we're waiting for our status to change to ready. I'm just wondering if most of you received the packets from the consulate via email or post? Hoping for email!

email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.