Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, Randy&Jhona said:

An Update to my case:

1.       12/2017 - Filed I-751

2.       02/2019 - Filed N-400

3.       06/12/2019 – Interview Notice for N-400 (schedule: 07/19/2019)

4.       06/17/2019 – Sent letter about my pending I-751 and requested for a combo interview

5.       06/25/2019 - Interview notice for I-751 (acknowledged my letter of request for a combo interview)

6.       07/19/2019 - Combo Interview.  8:30 am was for I-751, Officer only asked my husband on his birthdate and our address then he let him stay outside the waiting room while I had my testing for the N-400 at 9am.

7.       08/16/2019 - Oath Ceremony

What a journey it has been!

Thank you to Visa Journey and all the members for all the help!

God Bless and good luck to all!

Thanks for the info! Is it required to request for combo interview? won't they do it by defualt?

On 8/20/2019 at 9:56 AM, khanhdoan310 said:

I just came back from the Santa Ana field office. The whole process took about 20 minutes max and was unexpectedly pleasant to my surprise (there was only 1 couple before me so no wait; the officers were nice and respectful). They took my green card and stamped my passport, which is good for a year. 

is it like N400 Combo interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Land of L said:

Thanks for the info! Is it required to request for combo interview? won't they do it by defualt?

It is not by default.  NBC needs to send I-751 with N-400, then there is a possibility of combo interview or only N-400 interview and approval of I-751 at the background.  In my case, only N-400 interview and at the end when I asked about the status of I-751, IO officer asked if your spouse with you and I said yes, then he  told that he would review it.  Interview was June 28, 2019 and both approved on July 3, 2019.  So combo interview ( means did not call spouse), but it is important to take spouse with your if I-751 is pending

Edited by dilip

1 hour ago, dilip said:

It is not by default.  NBC needs to send I-751 with N-400, then there is a possibility of combo interview or only N-400 interview and approval of I-751 at the background.  In my case, only N-400 interview and at the end when I asked about the status of I-751, IO officer asked if your spouse with you and I said yes, then he  told that he would review it.  Interview was June 28, 2019 and both approved on July 3, 2019.  So combo interview ( means did not call spouse), but it is important to take spouse with your if I-751 is pending

Thank you so much for the info! Yes, I'm planing to take spouse with me for N-400 Interview as I-751 still pending. Taking Supporting documents for I-751 aswell. Some posts saying we need to call field office for combo interview when we have N-400. I didn't do that and I've interview in next week.

If you don't mind can you please share I-751 questions, it will be helpful so

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Land of L said:

Thank you so much for the info! Yes, I'm planing to take spouse with me for N-400 Interview as I-751 still pending. Taking Supporting documents for I-751 aswell. Some posts saying we need to call field office for combo interview when we have N-400. I didn't do that and I've interview in next week.

If you don't mind can you please share I-751 questions, it will be helpful so

As I said, no combo interview, only N-400 interview and my spouse was not called and was waiting outside all the time.  At the end of N-400 interview when I asked about the status of I-751, only question IO asked, " is your spouse with you"  When  I said yes, he said , he would review it and provided me the paper " passed but decision can't be made at this time" .  So basically that was the I-751 interview without my spouse.  That is reason, I would recommend everyone to go with SPOUSE  for N-400 interview, if I-751 is pending.  Both are approved on July 3, 2019 and interview was on June 28, 2019.  

So if not combo interview, make sure to ask about the I-751 and if possible ask, if the file reached to local office.

2 hours ago, dilip said:

As I said, no combo interview, only N-400 interview and my spouse was not called and was waiting outside all the time.  At the end of N-400 interview when I asked about the status of I-751, only question IO asked, " is your spouse with you"  When  I said yes, he said , he would review it and provided me the paper " passed but decision can't be made at this time" .  So basically that was the I-751 interview without my spouse.  That is reason, I would recommend everyone to go with SPOUSE  for N-400 interview, if I-751 is pending.  Both are approved on July 3, 2019 and interview was on June 28, 2019.  

So if not combo interview, make sure to ask about the I-751 and if possible ask, if the file reached to local office.

Thanks for your support!

On 9/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, FILA2019 said:

My case is still pending and it shows that it was transferred in June 2018. Nothing since then. I did my biometrics in June 2019. Is there anybody out there that is still pending with the same notification?

@FILA2019, my case is in exactly the same situation. Went in for biometrics in June 2019 and the USCIS site has not changed since June 2018 and the message is the same as yours (transferred to another office even though I confirmed with USCIS via the phone that my case did not leave the California Service Center). I sent an inquiry about the case being outside of normal processing times in late July and got the same generic response everyone else has been getting. I did also contact my local congressman last week to see if his office could find out more information. I am hoping that helps either provide clarity or speed up the process. 

Hi

Not sure if this was pure coincidence but I believe it was Feb 19 i sent addition evidence covering the year after filing for ROC in Dec 2017. It seemed to nudge my file into moving to Nebraska from a June 18 California filer. I was then approved shortly after in March 2019. Might have been pure coincidence but cant hurt.

Mike

Edited by mpmarks1975

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 9/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, FILA2019 said:

My case is still pending and it shows that it was transferred in June 2018. Nothing since then. I did my biometrics in June 2019. Is there anybody out there that is still pending with the same notification?

Not identical but similar. I looked today or yesterday and it was exactly the same as it has been since April 2018.  I just went in to check so I could say for sure it was April and now nothing is there....like nothing!  I am hoping that is a good sign. (well it is my birthday tomorrow so maybe!!)

Screenshot_2019-09-04 Case Status Online - Case Status.png

Edited by crazycat
added screenshot.

13 minutes ago, crazycat said:

Not identical but similar. I looked today or yesterday and it was exactly the same as it has been since April 2018.  I just went in to check so I could say for sure it was April and now nothing is there....like nothing!  I am hoping that is a good sign. (well it is my birthday tomorrow so maybe!!)

Screenshot_2019-09-04 Case Status Online - Case Status.png

So was mine. There was nothing there when i checked earlier but i think its just a system glitch.

Edited by Unchained

On 9/3/2019 at 7:11 PM, jzc said:

@FILA2019, my case is in exactly the same situation. Went in for biometrics in June 2019 and the USCIS site has not changed since June 2018 and the message is the same as yours (transferred to another office even though I confirmed with USCIS via the phone that my case did not leave the California Service Center). I sent an inquiry about the case being outside of normal processing times in late July and got the same generic response everyone else has been getting. I did also contact my local congressman last week to see if his office could find out more information. I am hoping that helps either provide clarity or speed up the process. 

Today my case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" :) I am not sure if the inquiry my local congressman sent last week was what caused the movement in my case. This is the first update I have gotten since June 2018 so I am hoping you all get your case approved soon as well! 

2 hours ago, jzc said:

Today my case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" :) I am not sure if the inquiry my local congressman sent last week was what caused the movement in my case. This is the first update I have gotten since June 2018 so I am hoping you all get your case approved soon as well! 

Congratulations.!! What is the first few # of your WAC and when was your receipt date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.