Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Has anyone with a NOA2 approval in November receive their NVC number yet? We were approved Nov. 10. My fiancé wants me to call, but I think it is futile at this time. If I am on hold for an hour and they just tell me the same junk as always, I worry that I will get more hopeless and frustrated. I thought waiting 180+ days for the NOA2 was bad enough....this feels worse as we were ready to get everything done and start our lives.

PS: Hang in there NOA1 folks. Ours came with no update to the app (still shows us as "received") No email or text....just hard copy in the mail. So don't stare at that useless app for too long, it may never update.

None as far as I know...This is ridiculous <_< I wonder what's taking so long to send a bunch of mail...

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Meech said:

None as far as I know...This is ridiculous <_< I wonder what's taking so long to send a bunch of mail...

My thoughts too.

How and more importantly why does it take so long to post...... maybe they wait for a certain amount before they mail them out?... who knows🧐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, dnavinnie said:

FINALLY!!! NOA2 approval! Day 224. What a rough road! It took 25 days for the adjudicator to respond from the RFE received date in case anyone is interested.

My fiancé wanted to get married first but I said the K1 process would be so much faster...boy was I wrong!

Congratulations! Thats a long time.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

On 12/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, Trinab80 said:

So, I just sent an email to both of my U.S. State Senators just now regarding the status of my case because I'm 204 days in waiting in I really don't see an end to this any time soon. In fact, I'm starting to feel like I won't receive anything until 2018.

I'm sure I just wasted my time emailing both Senators' offices as I'm sure they will get the same response that I get once-twice a week which is my case is within normal processing times. But considering in 6 days, I will be 7 months waiting for my NOA2 if I don't get it between now and then (yeah, right), I figured let's see what response they will get.

Most likely though I wasted my time.

Don't lost faith,  I know some case take 8 months for approval.  I'm sure you will hear something soon

Edited by Daphney

Hi May filers ! 

I’m a June filer and got a RFE yesterday. I’ve been so upset since the process has taken so long and then to get an RFE on top of that is killing me. 

I just wanted to ask if any May filers that got RFEs a while back have gotten their NOA2 yet or am I looking at months more before we get ours?!

35 minutes ago, Emmak1 said:

Hi May filers ! 

I’m a June filer and got a RFE yesterday. I’ve been so upset since the process has taken so long and then to get an RFE on top of that is killing me. 

I just wanted to ask if any May filers that got RFEs a while back have gotten their NOA2 yet or am I looking at months more before we get ours?!

I got a RFE and still waiting on our NOA2 our RFE Was nov 7th 

35 minutes ago, Emmak1 said:

Hi May filers ! 

Check this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit#gid=2061710905

2 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

FINALLY!!! NOA2 approval! Day 224. What a rough road! It took 25 days for the adjudicator to respond from the RFE received date in case anyone is interested.

My fiancé wanted to get married first but I said the K1 process would be so much faster...boy was I wrong!

This gives me hope we are at 207 days and replied to our RFE however they have not notified us that they have recieved our evidence.

It's so frustrating 

Congratulations by the way 

Edited by Vickimaher
More to add

Timeline
1 hour ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Has anyone with a NOA2 approval in November receive their NVC number yet? We were approved Nov. 10. My fiancé wants me to call, but I think it is futile at this time. If I am on hold for an hour and they just tell me the same junk as always, I worry that I will get more hopeless and frustrated. I thought waiting 180+ days for the NOA2 was bad enough....this feels worse as we were ready to get everything done and start our lives.

PS: Hang in there NOA1 folks. Ours came with no update to the app (still shows us as "received") No email or text....just hard copy in the mail. So don't stare at that useless app for too long, it may never update.

According to this thread:

None yet, but someone was told over the phone that November 1st approvals should start hearing back by wednesday :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Emmak1 said:

Hi May filers ! 

Generally 1 to 3 weeks after they tell you they received your RFE response but some go for longer :unsure: We got rfe oct 24th, sent response november 3rd, response received november 15th and approval december 5th.

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Timeline
27 minutes ago, tpmd said:

None yet, but someone was told over the phone that November 1st approvals should start hearing back by wednesday :)

hmm..it looks like that comment was posted on November 24...has me thinking that Nov 1st cases were supposed to arrive there a few weeks ago...

32 minutes ago, tpmd said:

Hope you're right. I'm Nov 2... so hopefully that means we are in that same shipment... 

I had a quick conversation with the case worker at my representative's office, and she said she's reached out to both USCIS and NVC on my behalf. She said she usually gives them up to a week to response :/ It was definitely not an encouraging convo. She said 2 other people reached out to her this week because their petition expired due to USCIS's screw ups, and that they are going to have to re apply?! #######. I asked her about USCIS extending petitions, since I"ve seen people say that they had their NOA2 reissued when USCIS screwed something up (i.e. sent it to NRC instead of NVC). She said she hadn't heard of anything like this, and to her knowledge they just expire and people have to re-apply. Hopefully she's new/doesn't know what she's talking about since I"ve seen people here get them extended, but it did freak me out since the stories I've seen about people getting extensions were from a few  years back... not sure if the policy changed since then. 

Praying for all of us so hard. This is so insane. 

8 minutes ago, ELTCBO18 said:

hmm..it looks like that comment was posted on November 24...has me thinking that Nov 1st cases were supposed to arrive there a few weeks ago...

I clicked into the thread, and it was actually posted this week on Monday. So hopefully there is truth in it, but who knows. I'm doubting everything that they are saying at this point.

Omg guys I think NVC actually made some progress... I found 2 people with NOA2s from Oct 27 who heard from NVC:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=276811

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=261932

One is an April filer and the other is from May, but they may not have found our thread/spreadsheet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Emmak1 said:

Hi May filers ! 

Hello. I got one but  surprisingly enough it didn't take long to get my approval. RFE Nov 14, they got it back on the 21st and we were approved on the 29th. Now if I could only get this NVC number things would be great

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
33 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Omg guys I think NVC actually made some progress... I found 2 people with NOA2s from Oct 27 who heard from NVC:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=276811

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=261932

One is an April filer and the other is from May, but they may not have found our thread/spreadsheet.

Thx for this ray of hope! That's great news!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.