one...two...tree

Man who fed live puppy to boa skips out of court date

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A Glendale man, who has pleaded guilty to coating his 3-week-old puppy in cooking oil and feeding it live to an 8-foot long pet boa, did not show up for his sentencing hearing Tuesday.

Joseph E. Beadle, 40, was supposed to be sentenced in Maricopa County Superior Court at 9:15 a.m. He was being sentenced on one count of animal cruelty. The commissioner extended the hearing until 11 a.m., but Beadle still did not arrive. Commissioner Frank Johnson has issued a warrant for Beadle's arrest.

Initially, prosecutor Anthony Church requested a $500 bail for Beadle upon his arrest. However, Johnson raised the bail amount to $5,000 in cash only, because “due to the nature of the case, the request [for bail] was too low.”

Beadle's defense attorney Gerald Bradley said he did not know of his client's whereabouts.

Reports say that Beadle fed a mix-breed puppy to the snake as two 15-year-old boys watched.

Kim Noetzel, Spokesperson for the Animal Humane Society, said that the boys saw the snake bite the puppy, coil around the dog and begin to suffocate it.

“One of the boys said he could actually hear the bones breaking,” she said.

At that point, reports say that Beadle then removed the puppy from the snakes grasp, and poured cooking oil on it, so it would be “easier to swallow.” It is unclear at what point the puppy died during the ordeal.

Investigators of the incident found that the snake was also a victim of neglect. The Red-tailed boa was several inches shorter then it should have been due to malnutrition. The snake was removed from the home and is now in the care of the Arizona Herpetological Society.

“The snake was doing what any hungry snake would do,” Noetzel said.

It is obvious that the judge understands the severity of the case because he raised the bond amount for Beadle, she said.

Pet boas are usually fed large rats and small rabbits. The meat is usually kept frozen and then thawed before being fed to the snakes, according to the Arizona Reptile Center.

Last week, the Animal Humane Society released a list of their 100 worst cases of animal cruelty in 2006. Arizona cases landed three spots on the list.

Noetzel said she thought the Beadle case “would be right up there.”

“And what disturbs me even more,” she added, “Is that is actually pretty average of what we see on almost a daily basis.”

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendal...ake0423-ON.html

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
A Glendale man, who has pleaded guilty to coating his 3-week-old puppy in cooking oil and feeding it live to an 8-foot long pet boa, did not show up for his sentencing hearing Tuesday.

Pet boas are usually fed large rats and small rabbits.

Unfortunately, that is what boa constrictors do. They kill animals and eat them.

Humans kill animals and eat them too. We also kill thousands of unwanted dogs in municipal impounds. Dogs are meat eaters too and will kill other animals if they aren't fed animal protein from a bag or can by humans.

Would it be more acceptable if the guy fed his snake a live or dead rat instead of a puppy? Snakes and rats aren't cute and cuddley. Puppies and bunny rabbits are cute and cuddley.

What's my point? I'm just rambling.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Would it be more acceptable if the guy fed his snake a live or dead rat instead of a puppy? Snakes and rats aren't cute and cuddley. Puppies and bunny rabbits are cute and cuddley.

Yeah, why isn't it a crime to feed a rat to a boa?

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

The sentence: "Joseph E. Beadle" shall be coated in cooking oil and served up for the next meal.

Now that would be justice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
If this isn't a death penalty case, I don't know what is.

:blink:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
If this isn't a death penalty case, I don't know what is.

Um....since when is a case like this considered a "death penalty" case? :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

The sentence: "Joseph E. Beadle" shall be coated in cooking oil and served up for the next meal.

Now that would be justice.

:thumbs:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1