delish

F2a questions

9 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need help/consultation on the next step that I will be doing.

Background: I am a legal permanent resident petitioned under F2b. Last month I went home to marry my GF (mother of my 2 kids)

I am in the process to start petitioning them. I have some questions.

1. Should I file separate 3  I-130 for my wife and 2 kids (2yo & 6yo)?

2. Should I file 1 I-130 for the 3 of them?

3. I am attaching my photocopy of green card (front and back), photocopy NSO birth of me,wife & 2 kids, Marriage certificate from local civil registrar only. PSA Marriage Certificate is not yet available because I have to wait 4-6 months as what

they told my wife. I'm hoping that the MC from Local  civil registrar will suffice for the meantime and they will just RFE in the future. 

4. I am looking at the i 130 and I see a question about passport for the beneficiary(see attached photo). My wife is still in the process of gathering new IDs because of the change in surname. Should i wait for her and my kids to have passports before I start or can I start\

to do i 130 now?

Basically, these are my questions at the moment. I am also contemplating on hiring an accredited representative to help me ($550/head) but Im having second thoughts on it. I need help to fellow F2a beneficiaries and petitioners who were in this

crossroad before.

i130.capture.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, delish said:

I need help/consultation on the next step that I will be doing.

Background: I am a legal permanent resident petitioned under F2b. Last month I went home to marry my GF (mother of my 2 kids)

I am in the process to start petitioning them. I have some questions.

1. Should I file separate 3  I-130 for my wife and 2 kids (2yo & 6yo)?  Because you are an LPR you file ONE I-130, then list the children as derivatives in the correct section.

2. Should I file 1 I-130 for the 3 of them?  :yes:  

3. I am attaching my photocopy of green card (front and back), photocopy NSO birth of me,wife & 2 kids, Marriage certificate from local civil registrar only. PSA Marriage Certificate is not yet available because I have to wait 4-6 months as what

they told my wife. I'm hoping that the MC from Local  civil registrar will suffice for the meantime and they will just RFE in the future. 

4. I am looking at the i 130 and I see a question about passport for the beneficiary(see attached photo). My wife is still in the process of gathering new IDs because of the change in surname. Should i wait for her and my kids to have passports before I start or can I start\

to do i 130 now?   You can start the petition without the passport number.  Do make sure to use the name as it will be shown on the passport once issued.

Basically, these are my questions at the moment. I am also contemplating on hiring an accredited representative to help me ($550/head) but Im having second thoughts on it. I need help to fellow F2a beneficiaries and petitioners who were in this

crossroad before.   

Do follow this link for the process  https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/petition.html   I-130 Instructions (follow this completely)     https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-130instr.pdf?download=1

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-130.pdf?download=1

You can complete the I-130A form for your wife, must be sent with the I-130    https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-130a.pdf?download=1

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-130-petition-process.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 11/20/2017 at 4:46 PM, delish said:

Background: I am a legal permanent resident petitioned under F2b

How long have you been an LPR? How long have you resided in the USA?

Timeline
6 hours ago, RO_AH said:

How long have you been an LPR? How long have you resided in the USA?

2 years 2 months

• 2 months later...
Timeline
5 hours ago, Maya827 said:

Hi Delish any update on your petition to your wife and 2 kids? Me i'm still waiting for approval. Nov 2016 is the PD

Yes PD is Dec 2017. Probably 2 years to go. 

Edited by delish

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 12:40 AM, delish said:

Yes PD is Dec 2017. Probably 2 years to go. 

Hello Delish,

I have a couple questions.

Did you file with just the PSA Marriage Certificate?

Also, did you wait for the passports or file without? 

I guess you needed a passport even for the young children?

Timeline
2 hours ago, assila said:

Hello Delish,

I have a couple questions.

Did you file with just the PSA Marriage Certificate?

Also, did you wait for the passports or file without? 

I guess you needed a passport even for the young children?

No my psa mc was not yet available since we wer wed in the province last october and i filed for petition on december. I only submitted local certified registration of marriage. Also i did not submit passport of my wife and children as well.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, delish said:

No my psa mc was not yet available since we wer wed in the province last october and i filed for petition on december. I only submitted local certified registration of marriage. Also i did not submit passport of my wife and children as well.

Okay. Thank you! I think I will be in about the same situation as you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.