Girona40

Son's employer won't let him have the day off.....

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Are you friends with a doctor. They would not be able to disregard a doctor's letter detailing sick leave, would they?

Mo

It would be nice to have a Doctor's letter to get a day off. It would go against the Doctor's professionalism which may cause him to loose his license.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah right.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Are you friends with a doctor. They would not be able to disregard a doctor's letter detailing sick leave, would they?

Mo

It would be nice to have a Doctor's letter to get a day off. It would go against the Doctor's professionalism which may cause him to loose his license.

...what?

Doctors do that all the time. Who is to say he's not really sick?

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I would quit. But then again, I'm a little biased because I hate my job and I'd have no problem quitting.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Timeline

Everyone has a boss. go higher in the food chain. if all else fails how bad could it be to see a doctor for something to help him deal with the stress? the doctors could give him something non habit forming - zolofts.

As far as quiting this job - I dont see why he could not just quit the dayum job and get somethign better.

there are tons of jobs on careerbuilders.com hungry for people. not to mention employment agencys are eager to place people as well. dont sweat the small stuff.

shon.gif

Filed: Timeline

Mo

...what?

Doctors do that all the time. Who is to say he's not really sick?

I agree with your. its not against a doctor professionalism to write a note and give the guy something to help him cope with the stress of this chit. this is enough to make me sick and depressed knowing I will be kicked out from the country and apart from my family.

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Everyone has a boss. go higher in the food chain. if all else fails how bad could it be to see a doctor for something to help him deal with the stress? the doctors could give him something non habit forming - zolofts.

As far as quiting this job - I dont see why he could not just quit the dayum job and get somethign better.

there are tons of jobs on careerbuilders.com hungry for people. not to mention employment agencys are eager to place people as well. dont sweat the small stuff.

They SAY Zoloft is non-habit forming but everytime I try to go off mine I crash and burn twice as bad as before I was on it :unsure:

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Honey catches more flies than vinegar, try to do something nice for the boss. We don't know what his problems are at home either. Maybe donuts, lunch, a card telling him how much he likes his job, offer to make up the time doubly, do some extra shift overtime work, think positive positive positive. At the same time, document your positive efforts. Be nice to the manager, be kind and patient.

Mom, plenty of employers would jump at an opportunity to hire someone that survives adversity like this, it shows great character and persistance. Employers need people that can deal with difficult situations and difficult people, thinkink clearly and making good moral decent decisions. One day, your son may be this managers supervisor. Good luck and God bless.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.