JennDraven

Can I travel to the USA after I received NOA2?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I applied for my k1 visa may 15th when it was sent off this year. I received my first notice of action may 19th.

I have visited my partner in Oklahoma twice this year. Once in March for 2 weeks. Once in May for 2 weeks. I was flagged and asked questions when I visited in May. I had my bag checked and got asked a lot then was sent on my way.

I had to leave my last job due to harassment and bullying but had just done a load of overtime so me and my partner arranged I see him in December as he is off work in December. We also had nothing back at this point (late october the 28th that I booked tickets) and the government website said they are still on April applicants. So I booked to go see him December 1st to December 14th. 

My fiance then received my notice of action 2 November 7th.

I am hoping to just give short answers and hope I don't get further questioned. If I do I am hoping to collect:

Last wage slip

NOA1 email and picture of the letter for NOA2

Return tickets for plane and train

Medicine (I have a set amount only to cover my trip)

Bank statement and potential note of active account

Note from my mother confirming I pay rent to her 

Hopefully I will find a job in two weeks to give them employment note if not I plan to apply for carers allowance for my brother and show I will be a carer for him legally. 

Will this be enough to prove to them? I will make it clear I understand how my visa works. And if I receive any letters from my embassy my mother will notify me immediately so I can arrange the interview and medical. 

I fly into Chicago o hare.

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, JennDraven said:

I applied for my k1 visa may 15th when it was sent off this year. I received my first notice of action may 19th.

I have visited my partner in Oklahoma twice this year. Once in March for 2 weeks. Once in May for 2 weeks. I was flagged and asked questions when I visited in May. I had my bag checked and got asked a lot then was sent on my way.

I had to leave my last job due to harassment and bullying but had just done a load of overtime so me and my partner arranged I see him in December as he is off work in December. We also had nothing back at this point (late october the 28th that I booked tickets) and the government website said they are still on April applicants. So I booked to go see him December 1st to December 14th. 

My fiance then received my notice of action 2 November 7th.

I am hoping to just give short answers and hope I don't get further questioned. If I do I am hoping to collect:

Last wage slip

NOA1 email and picture of the letter for NOA2

Return tickets for plane and train

Medicine (I have a set amount only to cover my trip)

Bank statement and potential note of active account

Note from my mother confirming I pay rent to her 

Hopefully I will find a job in two weeks to give them employment note if not I plan to apply for carers allowance for my brother and show I will be a carer for him legally. 

Will this be enough to prove to them? I will make it clear I understand how my visa works. And if I receive any letters from my embassy my mother will notify me immediately so I can arrange the interview and medical. 

I fly into Chicago o hare.

Thank you.

I've visited my fiancé twice after we first applied for our K1. Once in May, a month after we applied and last time in October after our application had reached the NVC. I've never had an issue at all through immigration but I always kept letter from employer with me and also our NOA1 and NOA2 as well as doctor appointments that I had coming up as well as a proof of my phone contract. Like I said, not once did I have to show any of this or experienced any problems. Since you've already booked the plane tickets all you can do is try.. im not sure if something will be flagged since you were questioned last time but I've heard of loads of people that never had any problems either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, JennDraven said:

You might be able to schedule medical and interview before you leave. Get the LND number over the phone from NVC, then carry on with the steps as outlined on the London webpage. You will have printed confirmation to show an interview and visa fee payment. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.