Amica Nostra

Donald Trump as a cult leader

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The public intellectual argued the cultish nature of the Trump presidency could have dangerous consequences if the US president’s position and power was to degenerate yet further SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images

Donald Trump is akin to a cult leader and his supporters are reminiscent of disciples of a sect, according to a religious studies scholar.

Reza Aslan, an Iranian-American author, said he was using the word cult in the “pejorative sense” and argued the US president's supporters were united by a fanatical devotion to their leader. 

Aslan, who is a creative writing professor at the University of California, Riverside, said the intense sentiments expressed by President Trump’s support base shared more parallels with religion than politics

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-cult-leader-make-america-great-again-alt-right-religion-nationalist-us-president-a8053996.html

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Again, this is exactly how Donna Brazile described Hillary's campaign -

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/8/donna-brazile-says-hillary-clinton-lost-because-cu/

Isn't ironic?

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: Timeline

If you go the The_Donald sub reddit he's referred to as God emperor Trump. Those lads are not your average trump supporters I would say but they still count as supporters. 

Edit: that sub reddit has over 500,000 subscribers 

Edited by Etxebunti

Timeline
3 hours ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

The public intellectual argued the cultish nature of the Trump presidency could have dangerous consequences if the US president’s position and power was to degenerate yet further SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images

Donald Trump is akin to a cult leader and his supporters are reminiscent of disciples of a sect, according to a religious studies scholar.

Reza Aslan, an Iranian-American author, said he was using the word cult in the “pejorative sense” and argued the US president's supporters were united by a fanatical devotion to their leader. 

Aslan, who is a creative writing professor at the University of California, Riverside, said the intense sentiments expressed by President Trump’s support base shared more parallels with religion than politics

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-cult-leader-make-america-great-again-alt-right-religion-nationalist-us-president-a8053996.html

You can also observe the severity of the hissy fits Trump's adorants eagerly pitch whenever he's exposed for what he is. They doubt their own ears at his taped confession to sexual assault, and are willing to guzzle his cool-aid in a world of alternate-facts and distorted reality. I've said before that Jong Un has every reason to be jealous of our so-called president.

2 hours ago, Etxebunti said:

If you go the The_Donald sub reddit he's referred to as God emperor Trump. Those lads are not your average trump supporters I would say but they still count as supporters. 

Edit: that sub reddit has over 500,000 subscribers 

like trump's twitter, i'd say a big chunk of The_Donald sub reddit subscribers are bots. https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpam/comments/56808h/an_estimated_92_of_the_donald_subscribers_are/

also, those lads are most certainly enthralled with trump's cult of personality. they're just too young and lacking in real life experience to realize it.

42 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

You can also observe the severity of the hissy fits Trump's adorants eagerly pitch whenever he's exposed for what he is. They doubt their own ears at his taped confession to sexual assault, and are willing to guzzle his cool-aid in a world of alternate-facts and distorted reality. I've said before that Jong Un has every reason to be jealous of our so-called president.

I think the key word was He started the conversation by saying--They let you. Hardly assault if they let you. Unlike Clinton  

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I think the key word was He started the conversation by saying--They let you. Hardly assault if they let you. Unlike Clinton  

unless trump can read minds 'they let you' in the context of what he said hardly constitutes consent. he is assuming, not asking.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

unless trump can read minds 'they let you' in the context of what he said hardly constitutes consent. he is assuming, not asking.

They doubt their own ears at his taped confession to sexual assault, and are willing to guzzle his cool-aid in a world of alternate-facts and distorted reality.

6 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

How does a woman not let a man forcibly and suddenly grab her? I mean besides going all ninja, shooting them, or punching them in the nether-regions? I'm sure a lot of women would have loved to have those options during their ordeals of being assaulted by a man. Some women simply freeze and close themselves off mentally in order to 'survive' such attacks. Are they 'letting them'?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
2 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

How does a woman not let a man forcibly and suddenly grab her? I mean besides going all ninja, shooting them, or punching them in the nether-regions? I'm sure a lot of women would have loved to have those options during their ordeals of being assaulted by a man. Some women simply freeze and close themselves off mentally in order to 'survive' such attacks. Are they 'letting them'?

You can expect to be presented with some sort of Twinkie defense, in order to rebuff your sensible argument.

Just now, CaliCat said:

You can expect to be presented with some sort of Twinkie defense, in order to rebuff your sensible argument.

Naturally. But we've been down this road before... it's just a shame to see so many traffic accidents along the way. :(

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

Well to be fair most of the allegations against wienstien, were women who let him. 

I am sorry but if you slept your way to the top and now want to whine about it, I have no sympathy for you.

So Ashley Judd traded sex for a movie role or two. Same as trading it for money. Makes her a prostitute and Wienstien a John.

And yes I know I just went in a total different direction, it was just on my mind 

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Well to be fair most of the allegations against wienstien, were women who let him. 

I am sorry but if you slept your way to the top and now want to whine about it, I have no sympathy for you.

So Ashley Judd traded sex for a movie role or two. Same as trading it for money. Makes her a prostitute and Wienstien a John.

And yes I know I just went in a total different direction, it was just on my mind 

lol, ashley judd is a prostitute and should be happy she isn't charged as such. meanwhile...

Listening to What Trump’s Accusers Have Told Us

A few of Trump’s accusers have spoken to the media since the Weinstein story broke. Natasha Stoynoff, a writer for People who last year described Trump pushing her against a wall and forcibly kissing her, in 2005, at Mar-a-Lago, wrote an op-ed for USA Today describing an encounter during her college years with another man, an Oscar-nominated actor who grabbed her and said, “I’m going to ---- you so hard, you’ll scream like a #######.” That experience, Stoynoff wrote, “was a factor in why I didn’t report the Trump incident when it happened.” After both incidents, she explained, she’d been afraid that the perpetrator would ruin her career if she spoke out. Jessica Leeds, who told the Times, last year, that Trump groped her on a plane in the eighties, did an interview with Slate a few weeks ago. “I’m truly sorry that I didn’t make more of an impact, that we all didn’t make more of an impact,” she said. “But as the man says himself, he could stand on Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and his supporters wouldn’t care.” Temple Taggart, a former Miss USA contestant who says that Trump kissed her inappropriately twice, told the paper, “With Trump, it was all brushed under a rug.”

As for the possibility of pressing charges against Trump, that window had already closed by last year’s election for everyone except his ex-wife. In New York, there is no statute of limitations in rape cases. But Ivana signed a gag order in the divorce, which prevents her from talking about her marriage without Trump’s permission. She also appears to have no interest in pressing charges. Her recent memoir, “Raising Trump,” does not mention the incident (or any overtly negative story about her ex-husband, for that matter). Some of Trump’s accusers describe acts that could have fallen under New York’s definition of “forcible touching,” a Class A misdemeanor; the statute of limitations for that crime is two years. Stoynoff’s Mar-a-Lago story could meet Florida’s definition of battery; that offense has a four-year statute of limitations in the state. In any case, it’s difficult, to put it mildly, to imagine a prosecutor who would be able and willing to bring these charges against the President. In 2015, Cyrus Vance, the Manhattan District Attorney who was just reëlected—he ran unopposed—chose not to bring charges against Weinstein, despite having audio of Weinstein admitting to sexual misconduct, as well as testimony from his alleged victim, the model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, who had reported the crime the day it occurred. The decision was rooted “in the difference between a case against an ordinary person accused of a sex crime and a person like Harvey Weinstein,” Jeannie Suk Gersen wrote recently. The distance between an ordinary person and a President—one who happens to be Donald Trump, a man vindictive enough to cut off medical benefits to his nephew’s seriously ill young son in the middle of a dispute about family inheritance—is wider still.

There is a single ongoing piece of litigation against the President, a civil defamation suit lodged by Summer Zervos, the former “Apprentice” contestant, who alleges that Trump “aggressively” kissed her, groped her, and thrust his genitals at her. Zervos is represented by Gloria Allred, the famous women’s-rights attorney, whom I profiled last month. (Allred’s California firm, Allred, Maroko & Goldberg, is working in partnership with the New York law firm Cuti Hecker Wang.) Allred, who has spent much of her forty-one-year career defending victims of sexual assault and harassment—she also represents thirty-three of Bill Cosby’s nearly sixty accusers—held a press conference with Zervos shortly before Trump’s Inauguration. “Enough is enough,” she said. “Truth matters. Women matter. Those who allege they were victims of sexual misconduct or sexual assault by Mr. Trump matter.” One of her court filings in Zervos’s lawsuit lists seventeen statements made by Trump during the campaign in an attempt to discredit his accusers’ stories: the women were telling “false allegations and outright lies,” he said; their stories were “100% fabricated and made-up”; Zervos “wishes she could still be on reality TV.”

Zervos is asking for three thousand dollars in damages, a sign that the lawsuit is not financially motivated; the goal is a systematic reëngagement with the truth about Trump’s sexual misdeeds. Her lawyers have filed a wide-ranging subpoena that seeks all records from the Trump camp concerning any accusations of sexual misbehavior made during the campaign, as well as anything related to statements made by Trump himself on the “Access Hollywood” tape. (Trump maintains that he was engaging in “locker-room talk,” and that every woman who has accused him of sexual misconduct is lying.) Trump has attempted to get the case dismissed through a variety of arguments—that it was a matter of “political opinion” when he said his accusers were liars, that a sitting President can’t be sued in state court. A judge is expected to rule on whether the subpoena’s discovery will be granted, and whether the case can proceed to the New York State Supreme Court in the relatively near future, possibly before the end of the year. Zervos, for her part, has refrained from speaking to the media since the Inauguration.

You counted each and every allegation against Weinstein to determine the 'majority' were just women asking for it eh? :huh:

bKsCDHF.gif