Rohit Khadka

Need urgent suggestions...regarding F1 student visa and asylum

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Actually, my father is an asylum in the US and has been staying for 4 years and has filed a petition too. But, I have applied for the student F1 visa and have an interview after 2 weeks. So what questions might I expect during the interview? Does the embassy already know that my father is in the US even if i try not to take that topic out?  How much chances have i got of getting the visa? And what can i say to consolidate the visa officer?Will they surely ask a question regarding my father? Also, I am under 21 years of age. Please reply if you have any idea. Thank you. 

Well, you should've listed your father as well as his status in the US on DS-160 form. If you haven't, expect issues. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Umm, you're the one certifying all information is true on DS-160 under oath. If someone completed it for you the name of preparer should also be listed and you still sign electronically that all information listed is true. 

Do not try to conceal anything. Yes, there's place to enter information on family members in the US. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

16 hours ago, milimelo said:

Well, you should've listed your father as well as his status in the US on DS-160 form. If you haven't, expect issues. 

I wanted to know one more thing. Now since i have listed my father is not in the US means that the counsaler won't be suspected or will check my father's status right? Or is there other way that the counselor will already know about my father? :'(

Just now, Annapurna said:

I wanted to know one more thing. Now since i have listed my father is not in the US means that the counsaler won't be suspected or will check my father's status right? Or is there other way that the counselor will already know about my father? :'(

Seriously? Yes, of course they'll know. Fix your DS-160 and don't think playing games will get you anything good. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Annapurna said:

Asylum application do ask for spouse, children information. If your father listed your name on the application then your information is already in the system. 

What happened to his application ? still pending ? 

Edited by dnp2014

The consulate does a background check on people. Of course they are going to find out! They will have on their records that your father got a visa and is in the US. That is pretty easy. 

Rather than getting the F1 you should be more worried about misrepresentation and getting a 10 year ban to the US. You won't be able to visit your father ever. 

Pretty dumb is you tell me. 

On 11/10/2017 at 8:18 PM, dnp2014 said:

Asylum application do ask for spouse, children information. If your father listed your name on the application then your information is already in the system. 

What happened to his application ? still pending ? 

Yes, it is still pending. What can i say to convince the VO now? :'( And I think that i have listed my father as not in the US in the DS160. Can I edit that status now or should i fill a new DS 160 form?

13 hours ago, Coco8 said:

The consulate does a background check on people. Of course they are going to find out! They will have on their records that your father got a visa and is in the US. That is pretty easy. 

Rather than getting the F1 you should be more worried about misrepresentation and getting a 10 year ban to the US. You won't be able to visit your father ever. 

Pretty dumb is you tell me. 

Ohh.. So, i will have to change my father's status in the DS160 right? After doing that, do you have any tips regarding how i can console the VO that I will returning to my home country. Because at first place knowing my condition they wouldn't even bother to check my documents and think that i won't be returning.

If the VO feels that you are a threat to over staying you stay or will try to claim asylum also then, there is nothing you can do. You will have to go through the process and be truthful. 

You are already starting off on the wrong foot by trying to hide vital information.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Annapurna said:

Yes, it is still pending. What can i say to convince the VO now? :'( And I think that i have listed my father as not in the US in the DS160. Can I edit that status now or should i fill a new DS 160 form?

Once you submit the data is in their hand... you can may be resubmit another one.. but they do their home work before your interview.. there are few other questions? .. what kind of asylum your father filed for  ? (political, hardship etc).. How do you paying for your tuition fees 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.