caramelcoffeecake

CFO Sticker Inquiry (New Passport)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am getting extremely confused with this and cannot find a consistent answer online, having just recently renewed my Philippine Passport with my married name on it and planning to visit the Philippines this coming January. I understand I don't need to undergo the CFO seminar again since I have my CFO certificate with me and the CFO Sticker is in my old passport (the one with my maiden name). Anyway, I have a 2-yr or conditional green card now and have been on fiance visa to enter the US. 

I have a few questions:

1. Do you need an appointment and visit the CFO Office again in Manila to get a new sticker and pay for it again? 

2. Can you just use and show the CFO Sticker in your old passport every time you return to the US? 

3. What is the use of CFO certificate? Is it only to be able to get your new passport re-stamp again with the CFO Sticker? Like a proof you have already went through the seminar. 

Please enlighten me especially from the ones who have experience it first-hand or have the same cases as mine. Since, I will be finalizing my Philippines trip and will be booking plane tickets very soon or anytime really. I need to know if it's really necessary for me to visit Manila since my address in Philippines is in the province. I am just trying to save here big bucks.

So thank you so much in advance for anyone here who will provide me some pertinent information. 

Edited by caramelcoffeecake

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, caramelcoffeecake said:

Hi everyone,

I am getting extremely confused with this and cannot find a consistent answer online, having just recently renewed my Philippine Passport with my married name on it and planning to visit the Philippines this coming January. I understand I don't need to undergo the CFO seminar again since I have my CFO certificate with me and the CFO Sticker is in my old passport (the one with my maiden name). Anyway, I have a 2-yr or conditional green card now and have been on fiance visa to enter the US. 

I have a few questions:

1. Do you need an appointment and visit the CFO Office again in Manila to get a new sticker and pay for it again? 

2. Can you just use and show the CFO Sticker in your old passport every time you return to the US? 

3. What is the use of CFO certificate? Is it only to be able to get your new passport re-stamp again with the CFO Sticker? Like a proof you have already went through the seminar. 

Please enlighten me especially from the ones who have experience it first-hand or have the same cases as mine. Since, I will be finalizing my Philippines trip and will be booking plane tickets very soon or anytime really. I need to know if it's really necessary for me to visit Manila since my address in Philippines is in the province. I am just trying to save here big bucks.

So thank you so much in advance for anyone here who will provide me some pertinent information. 

You answered your own question .... YOU HAVE YOUR GREEN CARD!  :thumbs:  

CFO is for EXITING Emigrates ... which you were.. but are not anymore.

You will not need to show your CFO certificate, nor your old passport with sticker when exiting the Philippines after your trip.

Enjoy your visit.. safe travels.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank's correct. Here's a link to FAQ's from CFO office. The answer to question 12 is that you only do it once. No need to renew when you update your passport   http://www.cfo.gov.ph/faqs/2014-06-20-06-35-41.html#question-12-i-have-already-attended-the-guidance-and-counseling-program-and-was-given-a-certificate-do-i-need-to-attend-the-seminar-again-if-i-need-to-renew-to-my-passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.