tsarah321

Eb3 visa interview experience for rn

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I am sharing my visa interview experience for anyone out there who is anxious. I am a new graduate  RN without any experience at all. I have US rn license and sponsor etc... so finally after nvc and everthng i made it to the interview today at the embassy . So for everyone who is wondering about EXperience: It doesnt matter ! As long as u hv recent employment contract and job offer ul be fine. However u need to show the officer that u have actually contactrd ur employer or hospital or clinic u will be working in.  The officer wants to know u actually spoke to them . For me she asked me " did u do interview with ur employer " since im nt in the states i said no . So she asked me if i ever spoke to him ... i said yes over the phone.she asked details about the convesr. And so she considered  it as interview. I dont wana scare anyone... but u should know they do ask questions. Its not 1,2,3   . At least for me it wasnt. I am ready to answer sny question . Feel free to inbox me. I hope this helps.sorry fot the long post but i know when i was waiting for my interview i would have killed for info!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Congratulations on your job and your choice as Nursing as a career.  As a retired RN, myself, I can tell you that it is a very, very rewarding life.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
11 minutes ago, tsarah321 said:

Hi everyone, 

I am sharing my visa interview experience for anyone out there who is anxious. I am a new graduate  RN without any experience at all. I have US rn license and sponsor etc... so finally after nvc and everthng i made it to the interview today at the embassy . So for everyone who is wondering about EXperience: It doesnt matter ! As long as u hv recent employment contract and job offer ul be fine. However u need to show the officer that u have actually contactrd ur employer or hospital or clinic u will be working in.  The officer wants to know u actually spoke to them . For me she asked me " did u do interview with ur employer " since im nt in the states i said no . So she asked me if i ever spoke to him ... i said yes over the phone.she asked details about the convesr. And so she considered  it as interview. I dont wana scare anyone... but u should know they do ask questions. Its not 1,2,3   . At least for me it wasnt. I am ready to answer sny question . Feel free to inbox me. I hope this helps.sorry fot the long post but i know when i was waiting for my interview i would have killed for info!

I am so grateful right now for your post. This kind of information is so hard to find. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm  very happy for you.  Can you pls PM more info about the questions she asked at the interview. 

Thank you,  and best wishes for your new life in USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife came here on a marriage visa, not an employment visa, but she had to re-certify as a nurse in the US by taking some local certification education. One thing we wondered about was how employable she would be once she received her certifications because: 1) she had no US employment history, and 2) the last 4 years in her home country she had stopped working as a nurse.  But once she started applying for positions, about 7 applications total, she almost immediately received 2 job offers. It seems that her employment history was far less important than her recent certifications.

Good luck on your new life and career in the US.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

11 hours ago, maryLu said:

I am so grateful right now for your post. This kind of information is so hard to find. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm  very happy for you.  Can you pls PM more info about the questions she asked at the interview. 

Thank you,  and best wishes for your new life in USA.

i am gona post the questions here if its okey so that everyone can read. first u should know that my case is a bit complicated coz i was born in lebanon but i am croatian... so many questions revolved around why i dont have lebanese nationaility and why i lived in croatia and etc... so im guessing these questions dont apply to others. however the questions that i think everyone will get are similar  to this

1- how did u meet ur employer ( in my case my brothers lives in new york and his wife is an rn and her boss knows the guy who sponsored me so i got lucky)

2- did u have an interview ( THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT . FIRST I answered no obviously becoz im not in the states. the officer asked me again if i ever spoke to him. luckily i did speak to him thru video cal on watsap once. so i said actually i did. then she wanted details of the conversation. i told her he wanted to know my qualifications and my level of english language etc.... so to the officer this was the interview. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TO TELL THE OFFICER THAT THE CALL WAS RECENT.she asked when did i talk to him i said less then a month ago. i understand some pleople wait fro visa for 8 years. but u cant tell the officer that u did ur itnerview 5 years ago. i think that wont stand . )

3- questions about education . how did i get my US license. in my case i studied in an america university so it was pretty easy to do the nclex witohut the hastle of cgfns and all this so i told her.

no questions about experience. 

my personal feelings about the interview... i must admit during the interview i was freaking out . i didnt expect such detailed questions. i felt it was over. especially when she stops talking and starts typing and u need to w there not knowing whats going on . but what got me approved was honesty. even though i got many questions i didnt lie about anything at all and i think even though she could sense i was wrried about being rejected she could see in my answers that i didnt lie about anything. 

sorry for the long post. please share with everyone who needs it. i wish best of luck to any person wh is going thru us immigration process.. i am flying in two days. finally its over. and also excuse me for the typing mistakes 

• 3 months later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am an EB3 (other workers) applicant together with my wife and one year old child as my derivatives. We will have our interview this coming March at the US embassy Manila. Can you please help us on some of the questions that might be ask. Thank you. God bless. 

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
8 hours ago, monajera1388 said:

Hi everyone,

I am an EB3 (other workers) applicant together with my wife and one year old child as my derivatives. We will have our interview this coming March at the US embassy Manila. Can you please help us on some of the questions that might be ask. Thank you. God bless. 

There are a few interview experiences on this forum, try using the searching tool. We don't have an interview date yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 5:22 AM, tsarah321 said:

i am gona post the questions here if its okey so that everyone can read. first u should know that my case is a bit complicated coz i was born in lebanon but i am croatian... so many questions revolved around why i dont have lebanese nationaility and why i lived in croatia and etc... so im guessing these questions dont apply to others. however the questions that i think everyone will get are similar  to this

1- how did u meet ur employer ( in my case my brothers lives in new york and his wife is an rn and her boss knows the guy who sponsored me so i got lucky)

2- did u have an interview ( THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT . FIRST I answered no obviously becoz im not in the states. the officer asked me again if i ever spoke to him. luckily i did speak to him thru video cal on watsap once. so i said actually i did. then she wanted details of the conversation. i told her he wanted to know my qualifications and my level of english language etc.... so to the officer this was the interview. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TO TELL THE OFFICER THAT THE CALL WAS RECENT.she asked when did i talk to him i said less then a month ago. i understand some pleople wait fro visa for 8 years. but u cant tell the officer that u did ur itnerview 5 years ago. i think that wont stand . )

3- questions about education . how did i get my US license. in my case i studied in an america university so it was pretty easy to do the nclex witohut the hastle of cgfns and all this so i told her.

no questions about experience. 

my personal feelings about the interview... i must admit during the interview i was freaking out . i didnt expect such detailed questions. i felt it was over. especially when she stops talking and starts typing and u need to w there not knowing whats going on . but what got me approved was honesty. even though i got many questions i didnt lie about anything at all and i think even though she could sense i was wrried about being rejected she could see in my answers that i didnt lie about anything. 

sorry for the long post. please share with everyone who needs it. i wish best of luck to any person wh is going thru us immigration process.. i am flying in two days. finally its over. and also excuse me for the typing mistakes 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Best wishes for your future. 

• 3 months later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, this post really made my anxiety much better. I do not have any hospital or any nursing experience at all since i had my local (Philippines) license back in 2010. For the past few days, I'm in constant worry that my lack of experience will be a problem for my visa interview in a few days... 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had my Eb3 Immigrant Interview last year in Dublin, Ireland. I am from Philippines but my Interview was in Dublin. Everything went well except for my Birth Certificate that was not readable. I was put on Administrative Processing for weeks and eventually issued Visa on August 2018. Landed in US on October 2018 and officially working as Full Time RN.

F4 Aged Out Derivative Beneficiary

01/16/2014 : Mother Filed Petition under F2b

01/16/2014: Case Accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing

06/20/2014: Case got approved, Case forwarded to National Visa Center

08/03/2014: NVC assigned case no. MNL

----------------

EB3-Philippines ( Employment Based Immigrant Visa)

01/27/2017: I-140 Filed thru Nebraska Service Center

07/24/2017: I-140 Approved

07/25/2017: Case sent to NVC

08/15/2017: NVC assigned case no.

05/07/2018: Visa Fee Bill 

05/28/2018: Documents Scanned Date

06/07/2018: Documentarily Qualified/ Case Complete

07/19/2018: Packet 4 (Interview Letter Received)

08/15/2018: Embassy Interview

08/28/2018: Visa Issued

10/05/2018: POE Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.