Vanessa92

Mailing Address Madness!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone!!

I am starting to feel bad because I keep asking these weird questions... Anyways! 

My husband and I have filed the AOS including the EAD in April 2017! Our status on the AOS has still not changed, but I am more concerned about the EAD.

On September 5th 2017, the EAD has been approved and on September 8th, the status has changed to "your card is being mailed to you".

In the past 3 month I have moved twice. I am afraid that the USCIS has sent the card to the old address (Apartment in Marin, CA). Well, that's the place we suddenly have to leave. Then, we have forwarded all the mail to our Marin address to our official P.O. Box. All the mail should go there. The letter from USCIS, that my card will arrive in a separate letter, has arrived at my mailbox (not a forwarded). So we moved to San Francisco for three months, and of course I have changed the home address, but kept the mailing address the same. Now, the USCIS case status says that if I haven't received the card by Oct 8th, I shall contact the USCIS - which I did on Oct 10th. Also, I have filed a move, back to a new house in Marin, CA. Today, I have received an email saying they have precessed my request address change. But nothing about where my card is, when it will arrive, where it will arrive, and what happened to the first one, not even which address they have sent it to.... 

So does the USCIS usually send CARDs to the home address or mailing address? Do they not send the CARDs to "forwarded addresses"? Does it really take over two months since the "has been sent" message? 

Thanks for listening, Vanessa

my_logo.png

Card Was Mailed To Me

On September 8, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXX, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by October 8, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Usually they will send it to Mailing address. Last time I changed my address through the address change website (I changed it a few months ago) and they still sent a mail (that was an interview letter) to previous address. Good thing they sent one to my lawyer as well and my lawyer notified us. Otherwise we have no way of knowing. USCIS makes a lot of mistakes on addresses. You should call and ask about it. 

Timeline

@Yhwinnie Thank you for your response. I have tried to call them on the number they have sent me in the latest email (confirmation of address change). But for whatever reason they did not accept the receipt number (maybe I have put it in the wrong way). I called three times and put in the number three times each time... they didn't recognize it and just hung up. There is no way to speak to a representative, I assume. I am waiting to hear back to them to my "lost card in the mail" request by Nov 1st. Hope I will hear more! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Andrina said:

Have you made an infopass appointment to clear things up? 

An appointment? Just to ask them where my card is? I have just checked the website and the offices in SF and Sacramento do not have appointments available ATM. :/ I will just have to wait and keep checking I guess. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from iR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to USCIS Service Centers forum; topic is about receiving correspondence from USCIS which is applicable to multiple processes.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I have the card now! I have been on the phone with USCIS for two days until I could finally reach an officer, who could give me the tracking number of the card! With that, I went to the post office. They said the tracking number is not valid, so we tried putting numbers 0-9 in a spot (I literally guessed where) and we found the card! It has never been forwarded to my mailbox, instead went to the first address. My husband has been in contact with the apartment manager who said for the past two months that nothing has arrived. Walking over there with a tracking history of my poor mail, nobody was home. We contacted the apartment manager again, turns out she quit a while ago. The new manager arranged a meeting and I finally have my card in hand! Two months worth of paychecks wasted - but a happy end!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.