Airis

returning resident visa,how can i bring my 2 yr old son to the US?

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NikLR said:

It doesnt say the child cant go regardless.  In fact it says he can because she has an sb1. 

That is why I wanted the link to where she got the info from, so I can do more research on it. If it is allowed then she may have a way to bring the child regardless of who the father is. I am just uncertain on if this is realistically doable.

32 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

The child can go with on her SB1 if he is under 2. But from what she posted earlier it sounded like he was already past his 2nd birthday? And she still hasn’t had the actual immigrant visa interview yet, just the screening one?

Exactly, I was under the impression that the child had to be less than 24 months of age so coming on the SB1 was out. Even in the copy of the policy she posted it says the child has to be under 2 years of age but I wanted to see if there were more options that she may fall under.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

It says a parent with a visa or lpr with child under 2.  The 2nd part only applies if the 1st is met.  Since you're an LPR he needs to be under 2?

Why not call or email the embassy and inquire? 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

8 hours ago, Airis said:

It says if i get my visa even the child is over 2 i can still take the child w me but i dont know if this apply for returning resident.

I wasn’t aware of any immigrant visa category that allows this. I understood the only dispensation for a child not needing his/her own visa visa was for either LPR or SB1 with child under 2, born abroad, entering US for first time with parent. Happy to be corrected if you can point to the rule. The bit you posted earlier corresponds exactly with my understanding. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

23 minutes ago, BuiQuang said:

the big question.

u spend 1 year to get sb1 for urself.  why u no take care of visa for ur son too?  why wait for ur sb1 to be done then ask about ur child moving?

do not understand this.

Bec they revoked my greencard visa due to overstay, how can i take care of my sons visa if i was out of status?

19 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I wasn’t aware of any immigrant visa category that allows this. I understood the only dispensation for a child not needing his/her own visa visa was for either LPR or SB1 with child under 2, born abroad, entering US for first time with parent. Happy to be corrected if you can point to the rule. The bit you posted earlier corresponds exactly with my understanding. 

On 10/26/2017 at 1:03 AM, Airis said:

I lost my LPR bec i overstayed thats why im applying for an immigrant visa.

I called they told me to ask that question on my interview w the consular.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.