Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, ahqs90 said:

It states to use SPEEDEX as a satellite office in Quetta, I dont see AEG listed for Quetta. Should I send my documents to family in Karachi to send via AEG/Embassy in Karachi. 

Oh no no. If it says speedex for Quetta then you should be good. As long as it is what the embassy states as their registered courier you should be fine. 

Just now, MZe said:

Oh no no. If it says speedex for Quetta then you should be good. As long as it is what the embassy states as their registered courier you should be fine. 

That's what we used last month to send them but the embassy sent an email stating they need the Original Nikkah Namah, which is what we sent them via Speedex. 

I emailed them last week confirming receipt of the documents, but they responded today stating they need original Nikkah Namah, and nothing in regards if they received it or not, and that to use AEG. 

Because the Nikkah Namah is the certified copy the marriage office gave us and they kept the original one. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ahqs90 said:

It states to use SPEEDEX as a satellite office in Quetta, I dont see AEG listed for Quetta. Should I send my documents to family in Karachi to send via AEG/Embassy in Karachi. 

My husband used the PIA office in Quetta.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ahqs90 said:

That's what we used last month to send them but the embassy sent an email stating they need the Original Nikkah Namah, which is what we sent them via Speedex. 

I emailed them last week confirming receipt of the documents, but they responded today stating they need original Nikkah Namah, and nothing in regards if they received it or not, and that to use AEG. 

Because the Nikkah Namah is the certified copy the marriage office gave us and they kept the original one. 

Why would they keep the original ?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, ahqs90 said:

the council did, my question is we provided the Urdu Nikkah Namah, 

so do we have to provide the urdu one and an English Translation? where can we do that in Quetta? 

at the courthouse they have special paper for the translation then Old commissioner can attest it.

The metropolitan only took the copy of the Nikkah we kept our original.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Aj3 said:

Need help please. My wife’s immigrant visa was in AP for more than 2 years. Embassy contacted us for employment history which we send it last week. Now status is saying expiring soon. Our senator and we periodically contacted them. Please give any suggestion. Thanks 

Reach out to the embassy using the site and wait two weeks. Tell them your intent to persue and you can attach proof of last communication response. If they do not respond in two weeks, write a letter to the embassy. Make sure to sign and date it and mail it using tracked mail. Do not panic. Expiring soon is normal. I went thru it as well. You have the option to wait until they respond and tell u to refill the ds260 or if you see ds260 reopened you can fill it and tell them. 

Be very precise in both communications you do. Don’t write them a letter longer than needed. Be on point on why you are contacting them “expiring soon status” and your intent to persue and proof of your last communication.

i believe embassy responds to people more if they see very specific requests rather then hey I hope you are having a good day. I am concerned bla bla bla

i wrote an on point letter and did not ask for any update or what so ever. They did not respond to my email inquiries but as soon as I sent my written letter, they responded in a week. 

1 hour ago, MZe said:

Reach out to the embassy using the site and wait two weeks. Tell them your intent to persue and you can attach proof of last communication response. If they do not respond in two weeks, write a letter to the embassy. Make sure to sign and date it and mail it using tracked mail. Do not panic. Expiring soon is normal. I went thru it as well. You have the option to wait until they respond and tell u to refill the ds260 or if you see ds260 reopened you can fill it and tell them. 

Be very precise in both communications you do. Don’t write them a letter longer than needed. Be on point on why you are contacting them “expiring soon status” and your intent to persue and proof of your last communication.

i believe embassy responds to people more if they see very specific requests rather then hey I hope you are having a good day. I am concerned bla bla bla

i wrote an on point letter and did not ask for any update or what so ever. They did not respond to my email inquiries but as soon as I sent my written letter, they responded in a week. 

Thank you MZe, I spoke to my  lawyer. He said don’t worry because they just asked us the information and we gave. Our communication is current with them and give few days. Anyhow, will send an inquiry . Thanks again, if anything else, please suggest. 

Timeline
On 11/20/2019 at 7:10 AM, ahqs90 said:

the council did, my question is we provided the Urdu Nikkah Namah, 

so do we have to provide the urdu one and an English Translation? where can we do that in Quetta? 

Did u send urdu nikkah nama original? And when they asked for original n when u send it ? Coz 14th nov they email me for original urdu nikkah nama.. and I send it through AEG.. 

Hi Guys,

Just want to give you an update, my sister she had her interview on 23rd Aug 2019 for F2B, and she was asked to submit Tax papers and W2. Which we uploaded on CEAC. After about 2 months, the status was showing refused with case updated like 6-7 times in total and then it changed to AP. and after two days changed to Issued on Nov 7th. She is here in the US. I wish you all good luck and i hope you guys get your visas soon InshaAllah, its indeed a very long journey. 

Thanks,

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ABE1 said:

Hi Guys,

Just want to give you an update, my sister she had her interview on 23rd Aug 2019 for F2B, and she was asked to submit Tax papers and W2. Which we uploaded on CEAC. After about 2 months, the status was showing refused with case updated like 6-7 times in total and then it changed to AP. and after two days changed to Issued on Nov 7th. She is here in the US. I wish you all good luck and i hope you guys get your visas soon InshaAllah, its indeed a very long journey. 

Thanks,

Wow Masha'ALLAH congratulations 👍🎊

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/24/2017 at 7:37 PM, Zaib212 said:

my 2 cousins had interview last Monday and got their visa today. one of my friend wife had interview 2 months ago and got her visa last week.

Hi, everyone, please guide me what to do next. My case under F4 category was under AP for last four months, and yesterday changed to refused. But still have not received any notification from the islamabad embassy. what should be the way forward. Is it the end of battle?

My interview was on August 5, 2019 at Islamabad Embassy. After the interview CO asked for CV, questionairs and recent tax return, which we provided next week through email and uploaded on ceac as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.