bilal467

US Embassy Islamabad - Marriage between Christian and Muslim

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In morocco a muslim man can marry another muslim, christain or Jew

although i had converted before meeting Adil we decared me as Christain for marriage as i did not have a document of conversion

1. a muslim woman, however, is not allowed to marry any but a muslim man 
  2. you will iterview at American embassy and it is against our constirution to discrimate for age, sex and religion
  3. I know it does happen as we had age discrimation ourselves but these can be fought 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

The OP and petitioner have met the requirements of US law.  Our embassy and consular staff have a lot of leeway in making judgments however they have no, zero leeway to deviate from US law.  Such a letter, if it really exists, should have and (easily) could have been immediately addressed at DOS level and the place to do that is not in Pakistan, it is in the US.

Edited by Nitas_man

20 hours ago, bilal467 said:

Ofcourse we have many proofs of us being in a bonafide relationship. I just read that US Embassy doesn’t think that marriage between Muslim and Christian is legal in Pakistan. This makes me worried

That's true that's why they refused my visa I havnt get the reason of denial but they keep saying this to me we don't believe that your family is agree on this marriage we don't believe that they keep telling me that which city from your ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/20/2017 at 1:35 AM, bilal467 said:

Well, I’m legally married with my American christian wife under sharia law amd marriage is registered with relevant authorities as well. And have our legal wedding papers and marriage certificate attested by foreign office of Pakistan as well. 

The mixed religion is my only Red Flag. Apart from that none. No age differences. No previous marriage or child. Didnt marry on first trip. Stayed almost 6 months tigether. And now planning more as well. I hope all goes well. 

they really don't care about marrying in different religion its allowed to marrying with anyone in USA but yes they will ask you question about you and your wife belong to different religion then how that interest got develop between you both ?( at least they know about our pakistani and muslim culture some of us still narrow minded think that even eating with different religion is HARAM ) so of course they will think how he and his family agreed for this marriage and they will raise questions about it in interview to find that is there any attraction to get US resident benefits between this relationship or its a setup or arranged by someone fake marriage .... don't forget also in US some ladies charged you for bringing you in US and proper contract and every consular know about it and they also know there are many true relations either ..... so please be prepared for all that and tell them what make their minds knows its genuine. EXAMPLE what would you do if she is not permanent resident of united states 

good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.