Marc Martínez

We got a RFE (Request for Evidence)

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, sphinx87 said:

Ok 

They will be the one to schedule once you inform them that u'r ready for an interview. :)

Thank you thank you so very much. I will get back to you as soon as we receive our Noa2. Great big help for me and Jason.😊

Godbless you in your interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/19/2017 at 12:48 PM, Marc Martínez said:

Thanks for you response!

But the only ask for "Beneficiary’s intent to marry in the US", they don't ask for her statement. Do you think that we have to send both??

Thanks in advance

yes you need both during USCIS stage and then bring updated letters at NVC interview. One statement from you and one statement from her with an updated date to reflect ongoing intent to marry 😬

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

After almost one year we got this morning an email "Request for Additional Evidence". It is not really fair we have to wait one year for this. We are waiting the letter to know what exactly they ask for? Somebody with the same problem? How long can take now? What documents they usually ask for in this RFE? Nebraska is becoming my Hotel California.

10 minutes ago, Mary&Fer said:

After almost one year we got this morning an email "Request for Additional Evidence". It is not really fair we have to wait one year for this. We are waiting the letter to know what exactly they ask for? Somebody with the same problem? How long can take now? What documents they usually ask for in this RFE? Nebraska is becoming my Hotel California.

That’s normal. The biggest wait is just sitting in a pile waiting to be picked up. Once picked up; actual adjudication is likely a matter of minutes (barring background checks). That’s when an RFE would typically come into play.

Normally they try to adjudicate within 60 days of receiving f the RFE response, although much of it depends on the cause of the RFE. It’s impossible to know what the cause is before the letter. You just have to wait for it in the mail. Typically it takes a week or two to get the letter.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.