aussiewench

A few more questions, DCF Sydney

226 posts in this topic

I met with my boss over the weekend and told him how I'm interested in moving up in the bank, and we had a nice chat and all, and apparently he's been telling other bosses how pleased he was with it and he was impressed that I approached him. Why am I telling you guys this? So you can wish me luck on a new job!

I love my job.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oooh that IS exciting. New jobs are fun! I hope you'll get a promotion with that job???

Is Natalia still enjoying hers? Not much news here...a friend of mine is a guidance counselor at a different school and says there is an opening. I really want to go but it will depend on how things shake out here. If my boss comes back, I'm outta here. If she retires, which she is supposed to, I'll stay I think.

Another consideration is that I am moving to a condo that is THREE blocks away from another school...and I don't know if they'd have openings, but it may be worth a shot!! I hate things being up in the air like this.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Well good luck with your decision making. Life is full of twists and turns...and yes this new job would be a huge promotion....bank management...I'd have my own bank. Yikes is right.

Natalia is loving her job, it's a real good office type job where she does interesting things, not writing letters and ####### like that. Her boss is real relaxed too, so that helps.

Other than that, nothing to report here...except it's our 4 month wedding anniversary. Whoo! Next Tuesday is her birthday and we will be going to Harry's Restaurant, a pretty trendy place for St. Louis...should be fun...I better make some reservations. I don't go anywhere without reservations. That's from a movie. Ha.

I love my job.

Timeline

Next Tuesday is my bday too, as you know. I will be spending it in a hotel room in Orlando, sharing a room with another school employee, at a conference - WITHOUT my husband :( Not good times. How old will Natalia be? I'm turning 28. Yikes.

Your own bank, huh? That's pretty impressive!

Valentine's day will also suck, btw.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Next Tuesday is my bday too, as you know. I will be spending it in a hotel room in Orlando, sharing a room with another school employee, at a conference - WITHOUT my husband :( Not good times. How old will Natalia be? I'm turning 28. Yikes.

Your own bank, huh? That's pretty impressive!

Valentine's day will also suck, btw.

Yeah that's no fun, Valentines has sucked for us as well, but not anymore...just think about all the future ones you'll get! She's gonna be 26. She's a youngin. I'm gonna be 30 this year. UGH. Oh well.

Try to have fun in Orlando...hopefully you guys will go out and have some drinks....on the school!

:D

I love my job.

Timeline

woo hoo robbing the cradle! I like it!

Stewart is turning 30 at the end of august! He is freaking out but he robbed the cradle too :)

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

woo hoo robbing the cradle! I like it!

Stewart is turning 30 at the end of august! He is freaking out but he robbed the cradle too :)

Wow we are quite alike. Kind of. He and I are old this year. No fun. The twenties have been good to me though. Seagrams sure thinks so! (whiskey gin and vodka purchases)

:dance::dance:

I love my job.

Timeline

yeah I read about you and your scotch! I tried to be all "grown up" and drink that one night...I thought I was going to die. I just don't do well with STRAIGHT alcohol. I'm a beer and wine girl really.

When you are bank manager how will you waste your day away on VJ?

we'll miss you.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

yeah I read about you and your scotch! I tried to be all "grown up" and drink that one night...I thought I was going to die. I just don't do well with STRAIGHT alcohol. I'm a beer and wine girl really.

When you are bank manager how will you waste your day away on VJ?

we'll miss you.

I'm actually pulling a bit of a disappearance act right now anyways, so it's already happenning...I'm just too busy right now. Lots of changes going on here. Which affect me way too much.

Mmm. Scotch.

I love my job.

Timeline

Lots of changes here too. I think next year we'll have a new principal and HALF of our guidance staff is retiring... so it will be a whole new ball game around here - that's what is making me want to stay I guess.

My dad is MAKING me go look at ONE more condo today before he "lets me" get the one I want. He thinks he can talk me out of the one I want. He thinks it's not in a good area - BUT IT IS. I will appease him and go anyway.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
Wow we are quite alike. Kind of. He and I are old this year. No fun. The twenties have been good to me though. Seagrams sure thinks so! (whiskey gin and vodka purchases)

what are you two talking about "old". i'm 35 in two weeks and chanin is 42 in april and so far i'm having more fun in my 30's than i did in my 20's. :D

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Well to each their own I guess. Married life is more fun than not married life, so it's just a matter of being proved wrong I guess. I just know that I had a bit too much fun in school. For instance, rapping along with the Sugar Hill Gand, and one of the old farts grabbed my pimp hat and made it look much better. Funny stuff. Drunk stuff. I'm rambling.

Karo your other thread was funny, AS gave a good enough answer. Search within yourself young Padawan. Man I'm a nerd.

I love my job.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.