2,948 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, March777277 said:

I didn’t apply for I 400

just got the notice 

It would be nice if you write in details with all past activities so we can get a clear picture . Yes, they can schedule an interview without issuing RFE if they felt that RFE wouldn't sufficiently convince them . You will be fine . Just go to the interview with your spouse . 

13 minutes ago, Joha1 said:

I did in April 24th I will wait few days to see if I get something.

Hopefully they should respond back soon. They are very preety good in wasting time . They can take up to 30 days before they respond 

4 minutes ago, I751_HK said:

Hopefully they should respond back soon. They are very preety good in wasting time . They can take up to 30 days before they respond 

Yes that is true 😏. I had a info pass last Monday for the stamp in my passport, the officer was nice and I asked also about my RFE that I sent to Texas and he told me that I should send everything again to Vermont because my case was sent back to there just in case to be sure that they get my RFE

Filed: Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

YEAH!  I finally get my N400 Interview date... that will be 1 month from now.   Was thinking to go to the field office to have a passport stamp soon, as my GC 18 months extension will due on 07/16, but seeing the schedule now, if my N400 interview goes smooth, then I don't need to get the stamp on my passport, please correct me if I am wrong.

My journey is a below.   

Submitted my ROC on 10/27/2017

Got my 18 mths extension letter on 08/11/2018

Submitted my N400 on 11/03/2018

Case transferred to new office on 12/21/2018

Biometrics - 11/30/2018

Received N400 interview date - 05/07/2019

Good Luck to everyone, I will update you guys after my interview.

ROC Timeline

Oct. 25, 2017:  Sent ROC package via USPS

Oct. 27, 2017:  Package well delivered

Nov. 01, 2017:  Cheque cleared

Nov. 02, 2017:  Received the NOA by mail.  The date printed on NOA is 10/27/2017.

AOS,EAD & AP for K1

June 08, 2015: Sent AOS package via FedEx
June 09, 2015: Received
June 11, 2015: NOA1 email/sms
June 18, 2015: NOA1 hard copies received
July 01, 2015: Biometrics appointment

Aug. 28, 2015: EAD & AP Received

Jan. 16, 2016: Green Card being produced

14 minutes ago, Joha1 said:

Yes that is true 😏. I had a info pass last Monday for the stamp in my passport, the officer was nice and I asked also about my RFE that I sent to Texas and he told me that I should send everything again to Vermont because my case was sent back to there just in case to be sure that they get my RFE

If they updated your status that RFE respons has been recieved then you are okay.  All these random officers are just give random answers . 

19 minutes ago, I751_HK said:

If they updated your status that RFE respons has been recieved then you are okay.  All these random officers are just give random answers . 

Well I will wait for the response to my inquiry to arrive. Then to see if I take that step to resend all our evidence again to Vermont 

Congrats, it's been a looooooog wait! 

You'll only need to get a stamp in your passport if you don't have official documentation of some kind (10 year GC, extension letter) on your person that proves your eligibility to be in the States ahead of getting your citizenship.

Hopefully things will go smoothly and you can avoid the stamp step. At my interview (combi) my IO told me that he would process both my cases that day, and specifically said I wouldn't need to get a stamp, so it might be worth asking if your IO doesn't bring it up. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

13 hours ago, JSum said:

YEAH!  I finally get my N400 Interview date... that will be 1 month from now.   Was thinking to go to the field office to have a passport stamp soon, as my GC 18 months extension will due on 07/16, but seeing the schedule now, if my N400 interview goes smooth, then I don't need to get the stamp on my passport, please correct me if I am wrong.

My journey is a below.   

Submitted my ROC on 10/27/2017

Got my 18 mths extension letter on 08/11/2018

Submitted my N400 on 11/03/2018

Case transferred to new office on 12/21/2018

Biometrics - 11/30/2018

Received N400 interview date - 05/07/2019

Good Luck to everyone, I will update you guys after my interview.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Timeline
1 hour ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Congrats, it's been a looooooog wait! 

You'll only need to get a stamp in your passport if you don't have official documentation of some kind (10 year GC, extension letter) on your person that proves your eligibility to be in the States ahead of getting your citizenship.

Hopefully things will go smoothly and you can avoid the stamp step. At my interview (combi) my IO told me that he would process both my cases that day, and specifically said I wouldn't need to get a stamp, so it might be worth asking if your IO doesn't bring it up. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

How do I know if it's a Combi Interview?  I dont see that on my letter.... It just said N400 Interview....

ROC Timeline

Nov. 02, 2017:  Received the NOA by mail.  The date printed on NOA is 10/27/2017.

AOS,EAD & AP for K1

21 minutes ago, JSum said:

How do I know if it's a Combi Interview?  I dont see that on my letter.... It just said N400 Interview....

If you still have I -751 pending you will have a combo interview. I can tell you that based on my experience. I had my N400 interview last week while I-751 pending. The IO asked me how I met my husband then proceed with civic and English test . Then he confirmed that I passed my citizenship test but I can't be approved yet as my I-751 is still pending. He had my file and looked through it and asked me some questions:

- My address

- My and my husband's employers

- How do we file taxes?

- Do we have kids together?

Then he said that my I-751 looks approvable to him but he will approve it later on that day and most likely I should get my N400 approval the next day. The total interview was only 16 minutes long. I brought a bunch of documents with me but was asked for DL and passport only.

Today I received a message that my oath has been scheduled and notice was mailed.

Good luck to you!!!

Timeline

Emcia_81, that's very helpful! Thank you!!!   

ROC Timeline

AOS,EAD & AP for K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.