2,948 posts in this topic

Planning to do an N-400 since I have no response for our I 751 applied Oct 2017.  Doing it on the 3 year marriage rule, what are your recommended docs to submit along with the N400?  Do we still need to supply a cover letter stating to combine our I 751?

Thank you so much!

The N400 application is pretty easy, not that many docs to submit and if you do it all online, you don't have to do a cover letter. I'm an Oct-2017 i-751 filer like you, and applied for my N400 as soon as I was eligible in Oct-2018. I did it online - you will be asked to upload specific docs and you can also add more if you want.

I didn't submit a cover letter and it wasn't a problem. 

Good luck!

13 hours ago, munchkinpot said:

Planning to do an N-400 since I have no response for our I 751 applied Oct 2017.  Doing it on the 3 year marriage rule, what are your recommended docs to submit along with the N400?  Do we still need to supply a cover letter stating to combine our I 751?

Thank you so much!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

13 hours ago, munchkinpot said:

Thank you so much!

Once done answering all questions in the online N400, you'll arrive at a page that lists the required as well as optional documents to upload. You can't complete the submission without the required docs. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Hey Everyone I was following this forum for while but I never post anything im October 3rd 2017 filler VSC my case wast transfer to TSC on December 14 then I got RFE January dont remember the date but we send everything they were asking for. on March 5th TSC recive our RFE and yesterday 20 days later my status change to NEW CARD BEING PRODUCE 

I never filled n400 

Edited by Polnj

1 hour ago, Polnj said:

Hey Everyone I was following this forum for while but I never post anything im October 3rd 2017 filler VSC my case wast transfer to TSC on December 14 then I got RFE January dont remember the date but we send everything they were asking for. on March 5th TSC recive our RFE and yesterday 20 days later my status change to NEW CARD BEING PRODUCE 

I never filled n400 

Congrats .

Once you send rfe response,  how long usually do they take to update starts that they recieved the response ?

Did you file for N400 as well? If so the wait for i-751 can be a little longer if you're processed as a combi case (both applications adjudicated at interview, normally on the same day). 

I don't think you are out of processing time yet, but you can try raising an online inquiry, calling USCIS and asking to speak to a tier 2 or making an infopass appointment at your local office.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, vajaster said:

Were Oct 2017 filers as well. Our case was transferred on Jan 19 2019 to another service center ... since then there’s hasn’t been any update.

any suggestions? Just wait?

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Did you file for N400 as well? If so the wait for i-751 can be a little longer if you're processed as a combi case (both applications adjudicated at interview, normally on the same day). 

I don't think you are out of processing time yet, but you can try raising an online inquiry, calling USCIS and asking to speak to a tier 2 or making an infopass appointment at your local office.

Good luck!

No we did not file for N-400

Waiting on this first.

I mean it’s been 2+ months since case was transferred ... any idea about how much longer?

23 hours ago, I751_HK said:

Congrats .

Once you send rfe response,  how long usually do they take to update starts that they recieved the response ?

Up to 10 days.

I wish I had the answer. Have you tried looking up the processing times for the service center your case has been transferred to? Another option is to dig around here for experiences from other filers who are in a similar situation to you. 

But, there's no rhyme or reason sometimes as to why some standard cases take longer than others. There are people still waiting from Aug-17 (and maybe further back) for approval. 

Best of luck. 

21 hours ago, vajaster said:

No we did not file for N-400

Waiting on this first.

I mean it’s been 2+ months since case was transferred ... any idea about how much longer?

Outcome

Hello everyone . First time here . Extremely worried. I’m waiting for approval on my 10year green card . And my case was transferred twice . First form California to Nebraska and today it was transferred again but I still don’t know where cuz I didn’t receive a notice . I just wanted to see if anyone had they case transferred back and forth and did anyone get approval yet ? If anyone knows why would they transfer it twice? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.