adar24

September 2017 - I-130 (Parents) Tracker

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi All - 

Those of you who have sent documents to NVC for DS-260, can you please tell me if you sent the original (signed) Affidavit of Support alongwith the documents or did you send a copy? It is a bit confusing as to whether the original needs to go to NVC or originals need to go to the beneficiary for carrying to the interview? Or should both be originals - sent to NVC + sent to beneficiary for interview?

1 hour ago, adar24 said:

Hi All - 

Those of you who have sent documents to NVC for DS-260, can you please tell me if you sent the original (signed) Affidavit of Support alongwith the documents or did you send a copy? It is a bit confusing as to whether the original needs to go to NVC or originals need to go to the beneficiary for carrying to the interview? Or should both be originals - sent to NVC + sent to beneficiary for interview?

I had the same question so I rang the NVC this morning. I was advised to send photocopies of your documents including the AOS and that the beneficiary has to bring the original copy to his/her interview.

Hope that helps.

7 hours ago, adar24 said:

Hi All - 

After you submitted everything online,send a photocopy to NVC of all the documents you sent.

Please bring ALL original documents during interview only.

About the AOS we submitted Photocopy Also.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 8/8/2018 at 10:04 PM, Mobybxa said:

After you submitted everything online,send a photocopy to NVC of all the documents you sent.

Please bring ALL original documents during interview only.

About the AOS we submitted Photocopy Also.

Thanks @MobybxaJust to confirm. In our case, we are only submitting DS-260 online - we don't have the facility to submit documents online. So, send photocopies via postal mail to NVC - photocopies of AOS as well, correct? And then send original AOS (signed) to parents for taking to interview at the local consulate.

On 8/8/2018 at 4:11 PM, jpky said:

I had the same question so I rang the NVC this morning. I was advised to send photocopies of your documents including the AOS and that the beneficiary has to bring the original copy to his/her interview.

Hope that helps.

@jpky. Thanks, it helps. The instructions on the cover sheet are a bit confusing :)

1 hour ago, adar24 said:

Thanks @MobybxaJust to confirm. In our case, we are only submitting DS-260 online - we don't have the facility to submit documents online. So, send photocopies via postal mail to NVC - photocopies of AOS as well, correct? And then send original AOS (signed) to parents for taking to interview at the local consulate.

@jpky. Thanks, it helps. The instructions on the cover sheet are a bit confusing :)

Yes that's correct,about the AOS original documents they didn't say that you need to bring the original to the interview but it's better to do bring the original atlst you are ready.

On 8/14/2018 at 7:43 AM, Mobybxa said:

Yes that's correct,about the AOS original documents they didn't say that you need to bring the original to the interview but it's better to do bring the original atlst you are ready.

If you submitted original AOS to NVC, you can bring a copy to the interview.

If you submitted a copy of AOS to NVC, you must bring an original AOS to the interview.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/9/2018 at 7:11 AM, jpky said:

Hope that helps.

Just the scanned copy of aos or 1864 be sent for the beneficiary during interview 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 7:04 AM, adar24 said:

My daughter havent yet sent our docs to nvc with aos or 1864, some said they sent photocopies of bc, mc, but the aos/ i 864 is original copy. And they sent only scanned copy of aos/i 864 for the beneficiary for the actual interview 

Edited by Rokarmy1023

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline

Hi  everybody - just an update on my parents application. They had their medical two weeks ago and their interview at the London embassy today. They ended up needing some extra information for the medical, which didn’t get to the embassy in time for today, But they are approved for the visa awaiting the medical packet!

They said the people in the embassy were really nice and because we had filed everything electronically they didn’t need any of the additional paperwork they had pulled together. All they wanted to see was the original of their birth certicates and marriage certificate. They were in and out within 45 mins. The embassy people said they should get their passports back within 3 to 4 days of the medical information turning up!

i can’t believe we are near the end of this process....now the hard stuff starts - packing up, selling houses etc...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.