Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello I want to ask for some help. 

I will be visiting my family back in Singapore before I go US. So that’s Manila to Sg I’ll stay there for 3-5 days and then from Singapore I will fly to Boston. Is it okay if I’ll have a flight directly from Singapore to Boston or do I need to come back from Philippines? 

Thank you!! 

I’m afraid there’s a restriction 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, krizia said:

Hello I want to ask for some help. 

I will be visiting my family back in Singapore before I go US. So that’s Manila to Sg I’ll stay there for 3-5 days and then from Singapore I will fly to Boston. Is it okay if I’ll have a flight directly from Singapore to Boston or do I need to come back from Philippines? 

Thank you!! 

I’m afraid there’s a restriction 

That is okay. You dont need to be arriving from your home country when you enter the USA. Many people have stopped over in 3rd countries before arriving in the USA. I will not be coming from my home country either.

There are also previous post (answer) on this/similar question.

Edited by Yu&M

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

That is okay. You dont need to be arriving from your home country when you enter the USA. Many people have stopped over in 3rd countries before arriving in the USA. I will not be coming from my home country either.

There are also previous post (answer) on this/similar question.

Thank youuuu!

Timeline
1 hour ago, krizia said:

Thank youuuu!

@Yu&M is correct,  just make Sure you do not have a stop in a US territory on the way to the US (i.e. Guam, US Virgin Islands, Peurto Rico, etc)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

@Yu&M is correct,  just make Sure you do not have a stop in a US territory on the way to the US (i.e. Guam, US Virgin Islands, Peurto Rico, etc)

Thank you!! How was ur ceac status? Update me once it change :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, krizia said:

Thank you!! How was ur ceac status? Update me once it change :)

LOL, I'm looking down into the embassy compound, it's a holiday and they aren't working today :(   

I still check ceac hahahaha 

Just as soon as I see something,  I'll let you know.  I should be a day after yours :D so let me know too 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

LOL, I'm looking down into the embassy compound, it's a holiday and they aren't working today :(   

I still check ceac hahahaha 

Just as soon as I see something,  I'll let you know.  I should be a day after yours :D so let me know too 

Mine  still says ready. 😴 

hopefully we see something tommorow or within the week.  Which window are you on the final phase of the interview? Mine was 65 a guy with specs lol both consul went well. I just pray we get something soon so our minds will rest.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, krizia said:

Mine  still says ready. 😴 

hopefully we see something tommorow or within the week.  Which window are you on the final phase of the interview? Mine was 65 a guy with specs lol both consul went well. I just pray we get something soon so our minds will rest.

Ann was hoping for 65, but we got 67, a new consul  (i could tell he was new).  Ours says Ready also, last update 10.6 interview date :D

Timeline

Hi guys! I just have a question about filling up ds-160. Is there any guidelines about how do I get there? Is there a site I should go to? Or do I just download the form online? I'm just confused cuz I've seen ppl asking about non-immigrant or immigrant visa categories and that issue about ds-160 and ds-260? Help! Thanks thanks!

Noa1: April 11, 2017

Noa2: September 5, 2017

NVC: October 5, 2017

Current visa status: still at NVC

Consulate country: Philippines

8 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

Hi guys! I just have a question about filling up ds-160. Is there any guidelines about how do I get there? Is there a site I should go to? Or do I just download the form online? I'm just confused cuz I've seen ppl asking about non-immigrant or immigrant visa categories and that issue about ds-160 and ds-260? Help! Thanks thanks!

The DS160 is an online application, it will consist in like 6 parts (if I remember correctly)

They will ask about you

Personal information passport number, visa

Family

Have you been to the USA before, how many times, mention the last 5 times with approximate dates

what kind of visa are you applying for, your studies and occupancy.

and the usual questions, do you belong to any kind of bad organization, stuff like that.

Make sure to click save before you move into the next page, just to be sure, Ive done it before without saving it just to reach the last page and get an error and had to start all over.

Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

K-1s do the DS-160 online

Online site: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Finally done.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

The DS160 is an online application, it will consist in like 6 parts (if I remember correctly)

They will ask about you

Personal information passport number, visa

Family

Have you been to the USA before, how many times, mention the last 5 times with approximate dates

what kind of visa are you applying for, your studies and occupancy.

and the usual questions, do you belong to any kind of bad organization, stuff like that.

Make sure to click save before you move into the next page, just to be sure, Ive done it before without saving it just to reach the last page and get an error and had to start all over.

Good luck!

Hey @MeliiGo! Good to hear from you. How you been? Thanks for the reply but what I was wondering is do I go to a certain site for that? Or do I just download it and fill it up offline? 

6 minutes ago, Talako said:

K-1s do the DS-160 online

Online site: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Thanks @Talako! But can my fiance fill it up even if we haven't scheduled our medical and interview yet? 

Edited by Sally08

1 minute ago, Sally08 said:

Hey @MeliiGo! Good to hear from you. How you been? Thanks for the reply but what I was wondering is do I go to a certain site for that? Or do I just download it and fill it up offline? 

Thanks @Talako! *thumbs up*

I confirm is that page https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Ive been good, Im here waiting for when its time for our interview, until Nov. 16th

7 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

Thanks @Talako! But can my fiance fill it up even if we haven't scheduled our medical and interview yet? 

Yes

Just remember that he can help you fill it out, but only you can submit it.

Finally done.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

Yes! You can fill up without a schedule:) 

you can also register online at slec.ph for your Medical 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.