32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good topic Moody!

I don't have kids but things went well with my parents. It was tough because Hicham didn't speak much English but now that he does everything is great.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Things went well....i have a daughter and a son (7 and 11). They adjusted quite well and I think they love Charles just like a father figure...it was important that I let them know that Charles loves me and loves them and wants the best for us......I make sure that they do not feel like I am loving them less now that I am married and in a healthy relationship. I also have let Charles have his quality time w/ them and sometimes I will go out and let them bond together.

I have also let my kids know that now I am not only a mother but I am also a wife and there will be times where I will have private times w/ my husband.....thankfully they understood me :)

I wish you the best and keep me posted on how things go :)

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

they have spoken on the phone?? or seen each other on the web cam???

I'm gonna assume yes..

But i think that definatly eases the transition.. so that they feel like they already know him

Edited by deemabrouk

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Andre met my 13 year old son in Jamaica in April 2007, right before he got here. We stayed with him and his family in Jamaica for a few weeks. He met my 11 year old daughter once he came here. He's sweet and gentle and they bonded with him immediately. One of our first events was to go to 6 flags so they could all bond acting like a bunch of kids. In the nearly year that he has been here, my kids call him every day when they get home from school and we spend every weekend and school holidays with them camped out at our house. I swear they could care less if I am there or not. It's Andre this and Andre that............

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm getting a little nervous about my boys meeting Mohamed in person for the first time. I've discussed his impending arrival with them and they seem cool with it and happy about him coming. However, I'm anxious about this first meeting.

For those of you with kids, how did it go?

I can't contribute from a personal experience as I don't have children but i think that this is such an important topic so I am glad that you have opened up the floor for discussion...

Excelent job boo boo-it seems like you have created a happy famliy...

I just wonder how much children's age affects the situation...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

Wow, boo and Jomo's girl, sounds like you two have had great experiences! I hope it's like that for my kids. My sons have spoken to Mo on the phone and online before but it's a much different scenario in person. Mo is like a big kid himself so I'm sure he'll do great. My sons' biggest concern? Does he like videogames and baseball? :) Well he loves video/computer games and the baseball part the boys can take care of. We're planning on taking Mo to a Tigers game the beginning of July for my oldest boy's birthday.

My sons are 9.5 and almost 11.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good topic Moody!

I don't have kids but things went well with my parents. It was tough because Hicham didn't speak much English but now that he does everything is great.

I thought not speaking English was a red flag.

Good topic Moody!

Nice try, but Sarah and Hicham are both fluent in French. Not sure why you want to derail this wonderful thread by tossing up a long held grudge.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good topic Moody!

No, the petitioner and beneficiary not sharing a common language is a red flag.

We took Claudeth's parents out to a very nice dinner the first time and had a wonderful time.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My youngest son, age 10, went to the airport with me to greet Moh when he arrived. My teenager was unfortunately working that evening. Their initial meeting went extremely well. They all took to each other like they had always known each other. There are some bumps here and there as the boys (and Moh too) are trying to settle into these new roles, but in a situation like our's its to be expected. Oddly enough he and my ex are also on cordial terms and share CDs ocassionally. We're an odd family to be sure, but still a family. Moh felt the most important message he could convey to the boys was that he did not expect to be seen as "another father" or a replacement for their father. Rather, he wants to be a friend and family member and that seems to have put everyone pretty much at ease.

That's what my Mo wants, too. He wants to establish a friendship with them instead of being a replacement dad. They have a dad who is involved in their life already. Ok another concern....first meeting with the ex :blink:

My youngest son, age 10, went to the airport with me to greet Moh when he arrived. My teenager was unfortunately working that evening. Their initial meeting went extremely well. They all took to each other like they had always known each other. There are some bumps here and there as the boys (and Moh too) are trying to settle into these new roles, but in a situation like our's its to be expected. Oddly enough he and my ex are also on cordial terms and share CDs ocassionally. We're an odd family to be sure, but still a family. Moh felt the most important message he could convey to the boys was that he did not expect to be seen as "another father" or a replacement for their father. Rather, he wants to be a friend and family member and that seems to have put everyone pretty much at ease.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
axegrindingul3.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I realize every situation is unique, and I don't mean this to sound patronizing at all so I hope its not take that way, but the transition most likely won't all be roses. There tend to be jealousies and confusion as roles are evolving or re-evolving. I know my teenager is having the hardest problem "sharing mom" with someone else. Steel yourself for it and its easier to handle. I know the first time we hit one of those bumps I was devastated. Now I'm not engaging my emotions so much and things are working themselves out. But then you know me, I tend to make everything hard on myself. Ha ha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.