Once she was here we decided to get married on a whim
We are trying to figure out a few things
This is the list of forms I need clarification on as to what we need

I-485
I-130

I-130A

I-765

I-325A from both parties 

Do I need any more forms when we are filing for her greencard?

Do we use her maiden name or what her last name will be now that we are married?
Do we need to go to the Social Security office before or after she gets her green card?

Edited by Loken625
forgotten info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Loken625 said:

Do we use her maiden name or what her last name will be now that we are married?

If she legally took your last name upon marriage, then you use her new legal name.

Do we need to go to the Social Security office before or after she gets her green card?

After you get the EAD.  You're not able to go before that.

I-325A from both parties 

The G-325A is no longer required.  The I-130A replaces this document.  

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Here's the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

G-325A is NO longer needed. Spouse beneficiary will now complete the I-130A.

If she has changed her last name to yours then use her married name on all the forms. Her maiden name can be listed under "Other Names Used".

She will likely need to receive her approved EAD before she could obtain a SSN at this point. But others could confirm if that's the case because I am not 100% sure.

Btw, I-130 filing fee is $535. Then for the AOS + EAD + AP, that's $1140 + biometrics $85. EAD and AP filing fees are waived when filed together with AOS.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Thank you for the quick responses
I understand the the required amount of money, which needs to be in a money order correct. The 1140$ on one and the 535$ on the other
Do we need the biometrics when we file everything else together or after? Does that need to be a separate money order?
So I-130 and I-130A
I-485

I-765 are all we need to submit with a cover to immigration at the first?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My K-1 fiancee received a SSN a few days after arriving in the U.S. - way before green card. Why would Loken625's spouse have to wait for the green card before getting a SSN? The SSN card doesn't allow work, but it's good to have for getting joint bank accounts, etc. It's a permanent number.

Biometrics will be needed before our interview but after our forms are filed, or do we need them to file our forms?
We do we need our birth certificates, marriage license, proof of joint accounts, etc?
Do they need originals or certified copies?
At the interview or submitted with our forms?

Edited by Loken625
added more info

Timeline
7 hours ago, WandY said:

My K-1 fiancee received a SSN a few days after arriving in the U.S. - way before green card. Why would Loken625's spouse have to wait for the green card before getting a SSN? The SSN card doesn't allow work, but it's good to have for getting joint bank accounts, etc. It's a permanent number.

No one said he would have to wait for the GC to get an SSN...we were talking about an approved EAD...that's a different card.  From what I remember, I couldn't get an SSN without that approval first.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
7 hours ago, Loken625 said:

Biometrics will be needed before our interview but after our forms are filed, or do we need them to file our forms?
We do we need our birth certificates, marriage license, proof of joint accounts, etc?
Do they need originals or certified copies?
At the interview or submitted with our forms?

You need to submit required documents with your forms---the instructions on the USCIS website lists the documents/evidence they ask for with each form. 

Edited by Going through

Timeline

Document check list:

Form I-130 Completed and signed form by Petitioner (U.S. Citizen).
Form I-130A Completed and signed by spouse beneficiary.
A personal check or Money Order amount of $535 made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees

Two-passport style photo of U.S. Citizen with full name on the back and name on plastic bag.
Two-passport style photo of beneficiary with full name on the back and name on plastic bag.
Copy of U.S. Citizen`s Birth Certificate or Passport Biographical Page, or Naturalization Certificate.
Copy of U.S. Citizen`s Driver License or Passport Biographical Page.
Copy of Marriage Certificate.
Copy of Divorce Decree (If you are divorced previously).
Copy of beneficiary`s passport biographical page.
Copy of beneficiary`s most recent I-94.
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search

Evidence Showing Bona Fide Marriage:
 ☐ Joint IRS Tax Return Transcripts (if you have it).

☐ Birth Certificate of your children (if you have any).

☐ Joint Lease or Mortgage showing joint tenancy (if you have it).

☐ Joint Bank Statements. (Checking, Saving, Credit Cards etc.).

☐ Joint Utility Bills (Or Utility Bills showing the same address for each spouse)

☐ Joint Cell Phone Bills.

☐ Joint Car title.

☐ Joint Car Insurance.

☐ Life insurance showing each other as beneficiary.

☐ Retirement accounts showing each other as beneficiary.

☐ Health, dental Insurance showing you are on one another plan.

☐ Photographs (Weddings, Trips, Family gatherings, Friends)

☐ Affidavits from your family, friends having personal knowledge of your bona fides marriage.

Form I-485 Completed and Signed by Beneficiary (Alien Applicant).
A personal check or Money Order amount of $1225 made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. (Including biometric fee).
Copy of foreign birth certificate for beneficiary accompanied by full-certified translation.
Copy of beneficiary`s passport Biographical page.
Copy of beneficiary`s passport nonimmigrant visa page (if you have)
Two-passport style photo of beneficiary with full name on the back and name on plastic bag.
Copy of beneficiary most recent I-94.

Copy of Marriage Certificate.
Copy of Divorce Decree (If you are divorced previously).
 Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (sealed by civil surgeon)
“You do not need to send with your initial application but you need have it with you during the interview”
Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA:
 ☐ Petitioner copies of IRS federal income tax return transcripts for the last one year (Optional last 3 years).
 ☐ Copies of Petitioner`s W2`s or 1040`s forms.

☐ Copies of Petitioner`s pay stubs.
 ☐ A letter of employment verification for the petitioner.

Form I-765 Completed and Signed by Beneficiary.

*No Filing Fee is required for I-765 since it is being submitted along with I-485.

Form I-131 Completed and Signed by Beneficiary.

• 2 weeks later...

What do we need to do if her ESTA runs our next week but we are submitting the paperwork friday?
Do we need to alert immigration? 
We did not have prior intent to get married and we are crunching time to file the paperwork 
I was told by a laywer that she is in a legal gray zone since we are filing technically before it runs out

Edited by Loken625
forgotten info

Timeline
11 hours ago, Loken625 said:

What do we need to do if her ESTA runs our next week but we are submitting the paperwork friday?
Do we need to alert immigration? 
We did not have prior intent to get married and we are crunching time to file the paperwork 
I was told by a laywer that she is in a legal gray zone since we are filing technically before it runs out

Once the AOS application is filed, any overstay is forgiven and she can legally remain in the US while the application is pending.

You don't need to alert immigration of anything.  The AOS filing is sufficient in making them aware.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.