2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

Not thst I've seen  I'm also a Nov 2016 filer and I am beyond anxious. 

Sandranj how do you go about requesting Prima Facie??? I had no idea I could request it and use it to get Fasfa. I've been waiting for my vawa to be approved to go back to school and work. Also, my babies receive snap benefits and housing assistance but I don't count in household, I could have really used (and still could use) prima facie.  

Just  write down a simple letter stating that you filed VAWA on xxxxx and  mention  they never issued you the prima facie, and you are requesting the prima facie in order for you to apply for FAFSA.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

My congressman says my i485 is at my local office and waiting to be scheduled for an interview. So relieved to finally know this. Customer service or service requests wouldn't give me any information about my i485 because of vawa unless I inquired via my congressman 🤷🏻‍♀️ Fingers crossed that I'll be scheduled for next month. I can't wait for this journey to be over. 

Whats your timeline for i-485? I am in the same boat waiting for my i-485.

39 minutes ago, Kool76 said:

Whats your timeline for i-485? I am in the same boat waiting for my i-485.

My i485 has been pending since December 12th 2016,  transferred to NBC/local office june 15th. 

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hopeful diva said:

My i485 has been pending since December 12th 2016,  transferred to NBC/local office june 15th. 

Mine was transferred to NBC on 10th May 2017 :(

I am unable to create service request as it says its in posted processing time. 

Are you able to create service request? 

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

My congressman says my i485 is at my local office and waiting to be scheduled for an interview. So relieved to finally know this. Customer service or service requests wouldn't give me any information about my i485 because of vawa unless I inquired via my congressman 🤷🏻‍♀️ Fingers crossed that I'll be scheduled for next month. I can't wait for this journey to be over. 

Hi @Hopeful diva

may I ask how long did you wait till you got a response from your congressman? 

Thank you 

24 minutes ago, Kool76 said:

Mine was transferred to NBC on 10th May 2017 :(

I am unable to create service request as it says its in posted processing time. 

Are you able to create service request? 

I did a service request but they replied via mail saying that they are unable to give me any information regarding my i485. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After subsequent enquires about my pending VAWA I-485 case(pending since June 2015) via my congressman and my immigration attorney, I was informed that my case has been returned to VSC from the Field office where i had my I-485 interviews (i been had 2 different interviews since June 2015 ..kinda wierd right!!!) and is pending review by an officer now at the VSC... please what does this mean..??? Thanks everyone. 

Edited by franklynx100

Hi, I'm a silent reader and I applied for vawa with a lawyer. 

How do I know if my lawyer really sent my application?

Is there anyway I can do it? He did not provide me anything and he said I have to wait until the immigration send some notification.

But I have the feeling that he did not sent my documents yet, for some reason I think he just said that because I was kind of pushing him to do my paperwork.

He and his staff are complete busy.

Edited by Poupis

Hello everyone! I have a situation where me and my spouse filled out the taxes together and he owed irs $25.000 and they owed me $3.000 so because we willed jointly we are both responsible now for the diffrence of $22.000. We are divorced now due to abuse. Is this gonna affect my vawa application even if im not responsible for the debt? Thank you!!

On 10/2/2017 at 6:38 PM, Peanutbutter18 said:

Ohh they only gave me 60 days extension and not 3 mos. Is it because they are working on my case now? 

Miss @sandranj, what can this mean? 

The past 2 prima facie had 180 days. 

Thank you

Hi Peanutbutter18, I got the same 60 days too. I was worried until I saw your post and the responses to it. I pray we get favorable decisions. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Once  vawa is approved  Vermont  ships the case to NBC, NBC takes 30/45 to ship to the local office.  You have to check  in the USCIS  site your  local office  timeline.Usually it takes  6/9 for the local to set up an interview, in NYC  for example they  are setting up interview  for vawa cases received 7/9 months ago.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Once  vawa is approved  Vermont  ships the case to NBC, NBC takes 30/45 to ship to the local office.  You have to check  in the USCIS  site your  local office  timeline.Usually it takes  6/9 for the local to set up an interview, in NYC  for example they  are setting up interview  for vawa cases received 7/9 months ago.

Good morning ...so in my case when my vawa is approved do I still need to go do an interview ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.