marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, observatorka said:

My case was loaded into the system and it says that estimated completion time is OCT 2021, should I trust this? 

Congrats @mapleleafmanny !

My husband and I applied in Oct 2019 and both had Nov 2020 as our estimated completion time. I got my citizenship in June 2020 (I could get it in April 2020, but Covid changed everything), my husband is still waiting for his interview. I do not believe that he will be done by Nov. So I am not sure about their time, you never know... Wishing you luck!

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, mapleleafmanny said:

Interview passed!  I arrived about 10 minutes earlier then my scheduled time and waited about 15-20 minutes before being called back.  My adjudicator was training someone in, so he notified me prior to entering the room of that fact (and that it was no negative indication of my application).  Before sitting down, he had me swear an oath to tell the truth.  He then jumped right in to the written and spoken English test, which was just one sentence to read off the tablet and then using a stylus to type up a verbally provided sentence.  He asked me six questions, which I got all correct.  I had brought original copies of mine and my husband's birth certificates, marriage license and my passport; he only asked to see my Green Card.  He ran through a series of questions (any felonies, radical groups I may be a part of, ect); all easy "no" questions.  He spent some time asking me about out-of-country trips I had taken over the past three years and any tickets or citations I have ever had (I was upfront about one speeding citation).  He asked who I lived with, how long I had lived at my current address and whether I had any children anywhere in the world, either adopted or natural.  

Once it was all done, he had me verify my contact information on the screen, sign an acknowledgement that I would swear an oath before a judge for naturalization and then handed me a letter saying I had passed the interview and he was recommending my application for approval.  He let me know that I was now just needing to wait for a letter informing me of my Oath Ceremony date. 

Congratulations!  Do you mind sharing with us what was the sentence they asked you to read, write and what were the 6 civics questions they have asked you? Thank you and hopefully you will get your oath ceremony date soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations!  Do you mind sharing with us what was the sentence they asked you to read, write and what were the 6 civics questions they have asked you? Thank you and hopefully you will get your oath ceremony date soon! 

Question to read: "How many Senators are there?"

Answer to write: "There are 100 Senators"

Civics questions:

- Name one state that borders Canada.

- How many amendments does the Constitution have?

- What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?

- Why did the colonists fight the British?

- What is the capital of the United States?

- Why does the flag have 50 stars?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, @123 said:

Looks like Minneapolis office is the slowest moving office in the country... 

Does anyone have any updates (interviews scheduled)? My husband filed in Oct, 2019, still no interview, but now he has " we are taking longer than expected... " in his online profile. 

I filed in April 2019 and I see the same status that it’s taking longer than expected. Online processing time shows 23.5 months as of today. Did you file from MN? Mine is ND which is way slower even though it falls under Minneapolis processing office. 

1 minute ago, Hydigal said:

I filed in April 2019 and I see the same status that it’s taking longer than expected. Online processing time shows 23.5 months as of today. Did you file from MN? Mine is ND which is way slower even though it falls under Minneapolis processing office. 

Yes, we filed from MN. Actually we both filed in Oct, I got my interview in March already, right before they closed everything, he is still waiting. I really do not know how it works. How long have you had this " we are taking longer..."? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, @123 said:

Yes, we filed from MN. Actually we both filed in Oct, I got my interview in March already, right before they closed everything, he is still waiting. I really do not know how it works. How long have you had this " we are taking longer..."? 

It’s been the same status since last few months.

3 hours ago, Hydigal said:

3 hours ago, @123 said:

Looks like Minneapolis office is the slowest moving office in the country... 

Does anyone have any updates (interviews scheduled)? My husband filed in Oct, 2019, still no interview, but now he has " we are taking longer than expected... " in his online profile. 

Minnesota office is covering multiple states and I think that is the reason they are so slow.  ND residents (if compared to MN residents) usually take much longer from the pattern I noticed at least.

Hopefully 123 will hear something this month from them.  I have seen someone who filed on August 26th of last year and got an interview notice sometime in August 2020.  So, if you filed in October 2019, hopefully you will get a notice soon. Please keep us posted! Who knows how they are doing it in the office.  However, it is hard to watch other people around the country getting done in much shorter time while some other people have to wait.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I filed mid-September last year and have my interview scheduled for next week. 

My estimated completion date was always listed as September 2020, until COVID then it bumped to October 2020.

10 hours ago, banbrit said:

My estimated completion date was always listed as September 2020, until COVID then it bumped to October 2020.

Good luck with your interview! 

My husband's estimated completion date was Oct 2020 and then changed to Nov 2020. He is really close to you, hopefully, we will get good news soon.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:06 PM, banbrit said:

Please keep us posted if you don't mind. Let us know how your interview goes and what questions they ask you on the Civics and reading/writing exam.  Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.