16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We applied for an expedite of I601 on July 31 by phone and immediately got 3 up dates online, few days later an email then a letter by mail on 8/7/2017. Basically they all said expedited had been received, placed with an officer and completed. Monday 8/28/2017 will Mark the 15 day period they speak of. We have not received any other notification and not even an update on CEAC since May 2017. Is it possible that we have not been notified. I've been recently been diagnosed and need treatment and surgery for which I will be out of work for 6 weeks or more with no pay, 2 children and can't drive and no help. Surgery is scheduled for 9/27. Not sure what to do next. I need HELP! 

43 minutes ago, greyson.rizo said:

We applied for an expedite of I601 on July 31 by phone and immediately got 3 up dates online, few days later an email then a letter by mail on 8/7/2017. Basically they all said expedited had been received, placed with an officer and completed. Monday 8/28/2017 will Mark the 15 day period they speak of. We have not received any other notification and not even an update on CEAC since May 2017. Is it possible that we have not been notified. I've been recently been diagnosed and need treatment and surgery for which I will be out of work for 6 weeks or more with no pay, 2 children and can't drive and no help. Surgery is scheduled for 9/27. Not sure what to do next. I need HELP! 

Then wait until Monday or Tuesday to call about your case. If your expedite has been completed then you should receive something showing the results of it. 

Also remember that they do not work on Weekends at all so it should be 15 working days.

I never received notice that my expedite was approved.  You should call the uscis Ana ask to speak to tier 2.

Just note..our expedite was approved Oct 2014 and it went fast after that but he didn't get his visa until January 2015.

Expedite doesnt mean he enters as soon as the Expedite is approved..it just Expedites the waiver adjudication. It still needs to goto the consulate. And he will still have to comply with their requests..if any.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline
10 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Then wait until Monday or Tuesday to call about your case. If your expedite has been completed then you should receive something showing the results of it. 

Also remember that they do not work on Weekends at all so it should be 15 working days.

I was told the a lot of people get the update assigned and completed but never get approved. 8/7 to 8/28 is exactly 15 business days. We are calling tomorrow. Was trying to figure out if they take more than 15 days and if people get approved with out any notification. I only ask cause I saw a lawyer post once about a 15 to 20 business day as well as some on a blog I follow about people with approval but never notified. 

7 hours ago, MaryLu19 said:

The lawyer will file my waiver next week. We will also ask for an expedite. Hope it goes well. 

Thank you, good luck.

Timeline

Just a update I called on the 15th day expedite was approved and no case status changes or notifications sent. So she told me now they will work on my waiver and to expect an answer for that in 60 to 90 days. Also I requested I be sent a approval notification on expedite, she said that would take 2 weeks. Please share your experiences! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 6:34 AM, greyson.rizo said:

Just a update I called on the 15th day expedite was approved and no case status changes or notifications sent. So she told me now they will work on my waiver and to expect an answer for that in 60 to 90 days. Also I requested I be sent a approval notification on expedite, she said that would take 2 weeks. Please share your experiences! 

That's awesome!  the check just cleared my account today, so I am still waiting for the receipt notice.

Timeline

Update our expedite was approved and consulate called us a few days later and requested husband come to Jaurez immediately. He has been home for 2 weeks after being gone for 18 months.

• 5 months later...
On 8/27/2017 at 4:47 PM, greyson.rizo said:

Hello u stated that u applied for an expedited i601 by phone. Did u not have to fill a form? 

I am also trying to apply for an Expedited i601 waiver. How did u do it by phone? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, She0710 said:

Hello u stated that u applied for an expedited i601 by phone. Did u not have to fill a form? 

I am also trying to apply for an Expedited i601 waiver. How did u do it by phone? 

We applied for the i601a more than a year before this then a i601 and months later we called over the phone just to request and expedite my husband was gone for 18 months. I needed to have an emergency surgery after a life changing diagnosis with 2 kids and the only one working. I had no one to care for me or my kids or work while i was out of work. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, She0710 said:

Hello, were u able to get an expedite? And on what grounds?

Hey, 

Yes we were I requested the expedite twice and contacted my doctor and senate to stand behind me the second time. After 18 long months my husband returned September 16, 2017. It took 2 times requesting the expedite but the second time only took 2 weeks. We were called from consulate in Jaurez stating expedite was approved and for my husband to come ASAP with what documents was needed and he was home less than a week later so total time was maybe 3 weeks or less. 

• 1 year later...

*** Zombie thread locked. Please do not post in old outdated threads.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.