mskinner

How early is too early to gather I-134 docs?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When can I start to complete the Affidavit of Support (I-134)? Is it alright if the supporting documents are obtained a few months before the embassy interview? We're expecting our NOA2 in the next couple months, and I want to get everything taken care of as soon as possible so there aren't any unexpected delays.

Thanks,
Matt

It's better to be more current so gather the stuff when you receive your NOA2 :) Now is a bit too early.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
2 hours ago, matthewskin said:

When can I start to complete the Affidavit of Support (I-134)? Is it alright if the supporting documents are obtained a few months before the embassy interview? We're expecting our NOA2 in the next couple months, and I want to get everything taken care of as soon as possible so there aren't any unexpected delays.

Thanks,
Matt

hi, you have plenty of time. My fiance completed i 134 after we got NOA2 and even after nvc number. Its better if all documents for interview have closer dates to interview date, (we provide i 134 and also letter from his employe)so its a bit early for you. What you can do now - ask yor fiancee to apply for russian police certificate. it takes 1 month to get it and its valid 1 year, so you can begin now and it will make you feel that the process is coming faster)  waiting for noa2 is pretty frustrating...good luck!

I-129F Sent :                 2017-02-16

I-129F NOA1 :               2017-02-22

I-129F RFE(s) :              2017-06-15

RFE Reply(s) :               2017-06-20

APPROVED :                  2017-07-07  (135 days)

NOA2 hard copy:           2017-07-13

NVC received:                2017-07-19 (12 days)

NVC case # received:    2017-07-19

Left NVC:                    2017-07-22

Consulate received:    2017-07-24

Interview date:              2017-08-31 APPROVED

Visa in hands:                2017-09-23

US entry:                         2017-09-30

Wedding:                        2017-10-21 Las Vegas!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Many youtubers suggest putting the affidavit of support and the W2 of the last 3 years in the I 129F packet, and same  copies for the interview of the beneficiary, few months later.         Should the petitioner and the beneficiary  both provide them? Just in case? 

Personally my fiance was given I-134 packet before I departed Vietnam.  I post dated the signature but I already had all my documents.  The only 2 things that needs more updating are my savings account and IRA investment statements.   I figured I could just scan and email them to her to update as we move along.

Last 3 yrs of tax returns I already have on file for personal and s corp filing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

IRA? Do they accept IRA at all?

It seems that there would be no straight forward way for them to figure out how much you would lose in penalties if you have to dip into the IRA to support the fiance.

8 hours ago, OutOfThisWorld said:

IRA? Do they accept IRA at all?

It seems that there would be no straight forward way for them to figure out how much you would lose in penalties if you have to dip into the IRA to support the fiance.

The I-134 ask for investments.  To have a decent amount in there will help than not.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, chi6488 said:

The I-134 ask for investments.  To have a decent amount in there will help than not.  

If there are over $150k in an IRA, would they accept that alone (with no other assets or sources of income provided)?

Edited by OutOfThisWorld

12 hours ago, OutOfThisWorld said:

If there are over $150k in an IRA, would they accept that alone (with no other assets or sources of income provided)?

Not that I have any inside information about the USCIS but I would personally so NO.  Your $150k is already taxed a penalty for withdrawal and income taxes so the net is not much.  That amount is not income on a yearly basis.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, matthewskin said:

Thanks,
Matt

We prepared ours after receiving our NOA2 and eligibility letter. The eligibility letter or Packet 3 has the complete list of what we needed to bring to the interview so rather than doing anything too early, we waited for it.

Best of luck.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

On 8/24/2017 at 2:06 AM, Nissou said:

Hi everyone, 

Many youtubers suggest putting the affidavit of support and the W2 of the last 3 years in the I 129F packet, and same  copies for the interview of the beneficiary, few months later.         Should the petitioner and the beneficiary  both provide them? Just in case? 

I don't think it would be possible for the beneficiary to provide any docs such as w2 and tax forms for the last 3 yrs as that suggests that the beneficiary is residing in the US. For the K1 visa to be processed, the beneficiary should be out of the US but not necessarily in his/her home country. 

Also, only the petitioner's financial stability is checked during the K1 process as he/she is the one who needs to prove that he/she can provide financial support to the beneficiary once the latter comes to the US.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/24/2017 at 1:06 AM, Nissou said:

Hi everyone, 

No. That's ridiculous. It does not prove you've met in the last 2 years, and that's really the only information they need at I-129F stage (apart from relationship history and evidence in general).

Those youtubers are saying incorrect information. Sending too much to the USCIS not only slows the process down for you, but everyone else waiting for their cases to be looked at.

Timeline

Review the the VJ list here,

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Review the US Russian embassy requirements here,

https://ru.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

You can get everything ready now, the only time sensitive documents are the letter of employment and the bank letter/statements.

Have beneficiary get police report and get that translated too.  Also have original birth certificate, and copy, with translation.

Someone please add if I missed something...

Edited by tanderson64

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.