John & Rose

Irish and Korean Police Clearance

40 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jwlussow said:

Ireland has been great.  Once you find the correct Garda Station the Superintendent emailed me with the items to include in a return email.  Very easy.  They say they are backlogged so it will take a few weeks but the process is very straight forward.

Tomorrow is the visit to the Korean Embassy.  Not really sure what to expect there but I am willing to bet it will not be an organized and straight forward process.

Glad you getting movement. Don't forget to return and outline your steps for both PC's. It will help others that come after you and of course us whitebelts.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Glad you getting movement. Don't forget to return and outline your steps for both PC's. It will help others that come after you and of course us whitebelts.

Will do. So far Ireland has been great. Once I found the correct Garda Station the Superintendent has been telling me exactly what she needs. Very straightforward and all done via email. Once my fiancée receives the certificate I will put up some detailed info. 

The superintendent said she will email the certificate back in about 2 to 3 weeks. They have a backlog right now.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Will do. So far Ireland has been great. Once I found the correct Garda Station the Superintendent has been telling me exactly what she needs. Very straightforward and all done via email. Once my fiancée receives the certificate I will put up some detailed info. 

The superintendent said she will email the certificate back in about 2 to 3 weeks. They have a backlog right now.  

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

:thumbs:

This was the first email that came directly from the Superintendent.  All emails are sent directly to her...  She has answered many questions and is very helpful.  There are many Garda Stations and only the local station will handle the request.  In our case it was the Blanchardstown Garda Station located at Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland  It is in the Dublin Metropolitan Area.  The Garda Superintendent is Rose Ward-Henry (rose.ward.henry@garda.ie).  I wish Korea would be this easy...I know it won't be.

Good morning

In order to process a Police Cert of Character application, please supply the following details

Name

D.O.B.

Place of Birth

Your current address

Addresses in Ireland within past 10 years.

Reason for your application

Please scan copy of your passport and attach.

There is a delay due to backlog of applications so it will take a few weeks to process your application.

Regards

Rose

Edited by jwlussow

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Can you add the email address and name who to address an inquiry to?  I think you can still edit your fresh post above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Can you add the email address and name who to address an inquiry to?  I think you can still edit your fresh post above.

Done! 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Thanks. I have saved it within my oneNote to have on hand if others ask.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

That will change with where a person "lived" in Ireland ..

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

40 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes.  I was going to create a list of all Garda Stations and their general email addresses.  There are quite a few but having a list will help someone in the future.  My original email was to a generic address then they responded with a specific contact.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
52 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Yes.  I was going to create a list of all Garda Stations and their general email addresses.  There are quite a few but having a list will help someone in the future.  My original email was to a generic address then they responded with a specific contact.

Waste of time and energy considering the website does that exact thing simply by entering the location where you resided

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Waste of time and energy considering the website does that exact thing simply by entering the location where you resided

You are probably right. I will outline the steps but it wasn't too difficult to find the station. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

22 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yup that was obvious to me :thumbs: so I filed with all the information they provided as to the location and such.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 11 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 8/14/2017 at 10:06 PM, John & Rose said:

No. Everything is in English until you get to the form that is required by South Korea for the request. Once I hit the .kr pages it is all in Korean. There are no English links to the required form. 

Hi,

Currently going through the rigmarole with trying to figure out what Police Cert the DOS wants from South Korea. My husband lives in Ireland and I've asked the US Embassy in Dublin what they require, but can you tell me which S Korean ceritificate your wife ended up obtaining and taking to her interview? Thanks!

Texas Service Center / Dublin, Ireland Embassy

2017/11/18 - Married (L)

2017/12/21 - Sent I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox

2017/12/27 (+6 days, 6 days) - NOA1 (sent to Texas)

2018/06/14 - (+169 days, 175 days) NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/06/28 -  (+14 days, 189 days) "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/07/09 -  (+11 days, 200 days) NVC received petition (had to call 7/11 to confirm). PIVOT case.

2018/08/01 - (+23 days, 223 days) NVC case created/case # received (email); AOS and IV fees paid.

2018/08/03 - AOS package submitted

2018/08/04 - DS-260 submitted.

2018/08/06 - (+5, 228 days) IV civil documents submitted.

2018/08/13 - (+7, 235 days) Case Complete "At NVC," and "Documentarily Qualified" CEAC message w/emails. Message to delete and reupload I-864 files (need to be uploaded on the same day) at 2 p.m.

2018/09/14 - ( +32, 267 days) Received Interview Appointment Email

2018/10/02 - (+18, 285 days) Interview at Dublin Embassy (PRAYING!) -- APPROVED 😍

2018/10/05 - (+3, 288 days) Visa "Issued" on CEAC Case Tracker.

10 minutes ago, amdublin14 said:

Hi,

Currently going through the rigmarole with trying to figure out what Police Cert the DOS wants from South Korea. My husband lives in Ireland and I've asked the US Embassy in Dublin what they require, but can you tell me which S Korean ceritificate your wife ended up obtaining and taking to her interview? Thanks!

She ended up going to the Korean Embassy in Manila and they knew what she needed.  Attempting it online was a joke.  Go to the Embassy and it took about a week I believe.  She filled out a form and was only in the Embassy for about 15 minutes.  It only took 5 minutes to pick it up when it was ready.  It was very easy.  It is just the Police Certificate required for immigration.  They only have a few types so once you tell them what you are doing they give you the proper paperwork.  You can even pick it up to fill out at home and return it to the embassy after you finish it.  

I may even have a blank copy that she took pics of and sent to me.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.