John & Rose

Irish and Korean Police Clearance

40 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have experience with getting the police clearance from Ireland.  My fiancee called the Irish Consulate in Manila but they told her she has to go to Ireland to get the police clearance.  They gave her the Garda website address but I think her understanding of English may have played a part in her interpretation of the answer.

I have checked on the Garda site and she still has her expired Garda Immigration Registration Card.  I was hoping someone here may have some insight into how to proceed.  

She also needs her Korean clearance and their phones are answered by machine in Korean.  She will try to visit the Korean Embassy tomorrow.  

Does anybody have any suggestions that will help move these along?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Ireland does not require applicant tho be in country. For all police reports can be found here http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Just now, Greenbaum said:

Ireland does not require applicant tho be in country. For all police reports can be found here http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

Thank you.  I assumed that she misunderstood what they told her.  I will check out the link.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Great link!!!!  Unfortunately the link to the required form for South Korea is in Korean!!!  She was there in 1991 and doesn't remember the language or alphabet anymore.  She will probably have to go to the Consulate and ask them for help.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Well here is the good news. She has to be in country to get the S Korean PC. The CO will know this but in the event they don't then bring a copy of the page from the link below.https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/KS.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Well here is the good news. She has to be in country to get the S Korean PC. The CO will know this but in the event they don't then bring a copy of the page from the link below.https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/KS.html

Thank you so much!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

While looking closer I found this under the South Korea page:

Procedure for Obtaining: 

Foreign nationals, regardless of visa status, and Korean citizens must apply in person at a local Korean National Police station. The Korean National Police search a foreign national's records using the foreign national's Korean alien registration card or passport. Korean citizens must show their Korean identification card (Jumindeungrokjeung) or passport.

South Koreans and foreigners living outside Korea can obtain a police certificate at a Korean Embassy or Consulate.  The requestor should download the police certificate request application from the KNPA website at http://minwon.police.go.kr/#customerCenter/filedown and apply in person at a Korean Embassy/Consulate.  People who reside outside of Korea and far away from a Korean Embassy or Consulate can mail a request application to the Korean National Police  in Korea.  The mailing address and guidance are provided in the Korean National Police website at http://minwon.police.go.kr.  People who submit requests by mail should contact the Korean National Police by phone at 82-2-3150-2676 after mailing the application.

Certified Copies Available:  Unavailable

Alternate Documents:  N/A

Exceptions:  N/A

Comments:  Applicants must submit the criminal records check that includes lapsed sentences to satisfy U.S. immigration law.

I just want to make sure I have all the bases covered.  This sounds like she needs to get the certificate but it starts out like this:

Police/Prison Records

Available:  Available to anyone who physically resides in South Korea.

So I'm confused...as usual!!!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, jwlussow said:

Great link!!!!  Unfortunately the link to the required form for South Korea is in Korean!!!  She was there in 1991 and doesn't remember the language or alphabet anymore.  She will probably have to go to the Consulate and ask them for help.

Really?  That is the U.S. Dept of State website.  It is in English, maybe you have a setting messing up on your web browser to display in Korean.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

While looking closer I found this under the South Korea page:

Procedure for Obtaining: 

Foreign nationals, regardless of visa status, and Korean citizens must apply in person at a local Korean National Police station. The Korean National Police search a foreign national's records using the foreign national's Korean alien registration card or passport. Korean citizens must show their Korean identification card (Jumindeungrokjeung) or passport.

South Koreans and foreigners living outside Korea can obtain a police certificate at a Korean Embassy or Consulate.  The requestor should download the police certificate request application from the KNPA website at http://minwon.police.go.kr/#customerCenter/filedown and apply in person at a Korean Embassy/Consulate.  People who reside outside of Korea and far away from a Korean Embassy or Consulate can mail a request application to the Korean National Police  in Korea.  The mailing address and guidance are provided in the Korean National Police website at http://minwon.police.go.kr.  People who submit requests by mail should contact the Korean National Police by phone at 82-2-3150-2676 after mailing the application.

Certified Copies Available:  Unavailable

Alternate Documents:  N/A

Exceptions:  N/A

Comments:  Applicants must submit the criminal records check that includes lapsed sentences to satisfy U.S. immigration law.

I just want to make sure I have all the bases covered.  This sounds like she needs to get the certificate but it starts out like this:

Police/Prison Records

Available:  Available to anyone who physically resides in South Korea.

So I'm confused...as usual!!!!!

You need to apply for the Police Certificate.   The S. Korean embassy is just off the C-5 not too far from Market-Market, Aura malls.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Really?  That is the U.S. Dept of State website.  It is in English, maybe you have a setting messing up on your web browser to display in Korean.

No. Everything is in English until you get to the form that is required by South Korea for the request. Once I hit the .kr pages it is all in Korean. There are no English links to the required form. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Ah, yes the forms would be in Korean.  Like noted early this had to be done in person through the Korean Embassy.. and it is just off the C-5, I drive by it quite often.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

16 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You need to apply for the Police Certificate.   The S. Korean embassy is just off the C-5 not too far from Market-Market, Aura malls.

Luckily her sister, who has been an OFW in Korea for decades just came in for a visit today!!!  She is fluent in Korean so we should be able to get everything we need.  

I honestly could not imagine this journey without this amazing website and the great people that are so willing to help. I know I am planning on staying on here long after my asawa and her kids are well settled USCs. My only hope is that someday I can repay the kindness and direction given here. That I can help some new filers navigate the bizarre world we are all part of. This is a family and I am so happy that I stumbled onto this amazing site. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I can see why your confused. In the first they say one has to be in country to get a PC. Three quarters the way down they say visit any consulate and then they say you can mail it. Why don't they say it in the first sentence all the options. Jees Louise. :wacko:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I can see why your confused. In the first they say one has to be in country to get a PC. Three quarters the way down they say visit any consulate and then they say you can mail it. Why don't they say it in the first sentence all the options. Jees Louise. :wacko:

Amen!!!  Luckily I am also a black belt in Taekwondo. I know how (dis)organized Koreans are. I am very familiar with how they (don't) think!!!!

My Grandmaster is the top Kukiwon guy in the US and maybe 3rd or 4th top guy in Korea. It is scary how bad they are in business and communication!  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Ireland has been great.  Once you find the correct Garda Station the Superintendent emailed me with the items to include in a return email.  Very easy.  They say they are backlogged so it will take a few weeks but the process is very straight forward.

Tomorrow is the visit to the Korean Embassy.  Not really sure what to expect there but I am willing to bet it will not be an organized and straight forward process.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.