kulwinder singh

Tourist visa for Indian Student studying M.Eng in Canada

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Tourist visa for Indian Student studying M.Eng in Canada and doing a full time job in A telecom company as a software developer ( Full time during summer break i.e May to Aug 2017 then Part time as fall semester starts). Wants to attend Birthday of nephewsince Jan 2017 and also doing a permanent job in A telecom company as a software developer ( Full time during summer break i.e May to Aug 2017 then Part time as fall semester starts). Wants to attend Birthday of nephew in the second week of Oct 2017. Sister US Citizen doing a  government job as Software Engineer. Parents USA LPR.

Also applied for F2B FAMILY IMMIGRATION VISA THROUGH MOTHER IN OCTOBER 2015 And in waiting line for the same at NVC.

What documents are required and what are the chances for getting visa ? and what are the other important suggestions while filing for the same ?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, kulwinder singh said:

Tourist visa for Indian Student studying M.Eng in Canada and doing a full time job in A telecom company as a software developer ( Full time during summer break i.e May to Aug 2017 then Part time as fall semester starts). Wants to attend Birthday of nephewsince Jan 2017 and also doing a permanent job in A telecom company as a software developer ( Full time during summer break i.e May to Aug 2017 then Part time as fall semester starts). Wants to attend Birthday of nephew in the second week of Oct 2017. Sister US Citizen doing a  government job as Software Engineer. Parents USA LPR.

Also applied for F2B FAMILY IMMIGRATION VISA THROUGH MOTHER IN OCTOBER 2015 And in waiting line for the same at NVC.

What documents are required and what are the chances for getting visa ? and what are the other important suggestions while filing for the same ?

Thanks.

don't bother to apply.

1 hour ago, kulwinder singh said:

Thanks.

You should work on your writing. It is very hard to understand.

If this is a visitor visa, you just apply and see. There is not much you can do. Just give truthful information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My recommendation in these circumstances is to apply, not that hard.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Coco8 said:

You should work on your writing. It is very hard to understand.

If this is a visitor visa, you just apply and see. There is not much you can do. Just give truthful information.

Thanks for replying and pointing for the poor writing which I realise after going through its contents.

I want to rephrase my querry as under -

- An international Student from India pursuing Masters of Software Engineering since JAN 2017 in Canada.

- Has permanent Job as Software Developer in a reputed Telecom Company [doing full time during May to Aug 2017 (Summer breaks) and then continue the same as part time during active study periods].

- Parents are USA LPR and sister is a US Citizen and employed as a Software Engineer in a government organisation there.

- Now she want to apply for US Tourist Visa and want to visit US during second week of October 2017 on the Occassion of her nephew's Birthday.

So what are the chances for visa approval and what document she must provide for the same to make her case strong ?

Thanks .

Timeline

Marriage Certificate to a Canadian?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

23 minutes ago, kulwinder singh said:

Thanks for replying and pointing for the poor writing which I realise after going through its contents.

I want to rephrase my querry as under -

- An international Student from India pursuing Masters of Software Engineering since JAN 2017 in Canada.

- Has permanent Job as Software Developer in a reputed Telecom Company [doing full time during May to Aug 2017 (Summer breaks) and then continue the same as part time during active study periods].

- Parents are USA LPR and sister is a US Citizen and employed as a Software Engineer in a government organisation there.

- Now she want to apply for US Tourist Visa and want to visit US during second week of October 2017 on the Occassion of her nephew's Birthday.

So what are the chances for visa approval and what document she must provide for the same to make her case strong ?

Thanks .

I think you have a good case. You have a student visa, you seem career oriented so you are not going to drop everything to be an illegal in the US or do nothing for years, and you have a job (even if part time, it shows you can get a job easily in Canada).

You should just apply.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Coco8 said:

I think you have a good case. You have a student visa, you seem career oriented so you are not going to drop everything to be an illegal in the US or do nothing for years, and you have a job (even if part time, it shows you can get a job easily in Canada).

You should just apply.

One more thing which I want to include is that she is already on waiting list at NVC for family immigration visa (F2B) petitioned through her mother. Is this cause any hindrance to her approval as it shows her cause to immigrate to US? 

If so, then what type of document or assurance to be produced from her US citizen sister to overcome the same as she is govt employee in US and inviting her sister to US.

5 minutes ago, kulwinder singh said:

One more thing which I want to include is that she is already on waiting list at NVC for family immigration visa (F2B) petitioned through her mother. Is this cause any hindrance to her approval as it shows her cause to immigrate to US? 

If so, then what type of document or assurance to be produced from her US citizen sister to overcome the same as she is govt employee in US and inviting her sister to US.

Invitation does not work and it could hurt getting the visitor visa.

Sure, having an application for the green card makes it harder to get a visitor visa, but you have enough ties to Canada to go back rather than wait in the US for the visa. For singles over 21 the visa for children of US citizen takes 7 years. So if you applied 2015 there is 5 years more of waiting for that, regardless if it is at NVC. You (or whomever is doing this) is not going to wait 5 years sitting in a couch when you are doing a MA and have a job and a career.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, kulwinder singh said:

Instead of us trying to guess what she might have how about telling us what she does have?

Filed: Other Timeline

She should certainly apply with the attitude that it will be great to get it but it is not the end of the world if she doesn't.

School enrollment is a plus for the visa since it is difficult to transfer in the middle of a masters program.

Timeline
4 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

She should certainly apply with the attitude that it will be great to get it but it is not the end of the world if she doesn't.

School enrollment is a plus for the visa since it is difficult to transfer in the middle of a masters program.

If she denied tourist visa then could it pose any negative impact on her green card application ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.