autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

One in November, one in December and one in January. I also had some sort of SR req at the end of January that uscis sent(that was going to give me a reply within 2 weeks) and then also one to a supervisor (Those 2 were never shown on my account). 

Anyway, the SR from November is only showing on my account now. Do they disappear when an officer has responded to them?

I think that when I filed my January SR the december one disapeared( it was for the same reason, delay ead) I think maybe they overwrite each other if for the same reason ? I got an answer through congressman early in Feb then to SR one day later ( that they were backlogged and cas was under review). Status was updated a month later

3 minutes ago, Louv said:

I think that when I filed my January SR the december one disapeared( it was for the same reason, delay ead) I think maybe they overwrite each other if for the same reason ? I got an answer through congressman early in Feb then to SR one day later ( that they were backlogged and cas was under review). Status was updated a month later

My SR from December and January disappeared first now :o Which is weird. The November one is still there. 

2 minutes ago, Louv said:

I tried & my husband did but we didnt manage to get past those questions to create an account...

Yes, it didn't work when I was doing it online either. You have to choose the "In person verification". It will e-mail you a code that you bring to the post office. You then bring an ID and proof of address. 

1 hour ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

‘Day 210 (exactly 7 months :O) with no EAD’ case update: 

My RFE for EAD (signature issue due to missprocessing) was offficially received today in the early morning by USCIS. Hopefully will hear good news next week. Hopefully they finally approve it now. We’ll see. 

Awesome!! Fill out that Ombudsman form and contact a Congressperson now!!

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

1 hour ago, Louv said:

I'm so nervous about my RFIE I can't function :/ still nothing in the mail today. 

Hope you receive yours soon now @GoodVibesOnly

I know how that feels :( You can call and ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer about your RFIE. They can tell you what it's for - BUT you can't say this to a Tier 1 officer because everyone says Tier 2 officers don't have access to this info. That's incorrect -  I spoke with a Tier 2 officer who told me exactly what the RFIE was about. That way I was able to prepare for receiving the actual letter.

1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

I know how that feels :( You can call and ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer about your RFIE. They can tell you what it's for - BUT you can't say this to a Tier 1 officer because everyone says Tier 2 officers don't have access to this info. That's incorrect -  I spoke with a Tier 2 officer who told me exactly what the RFIE was about. That way I was able to prepare for receiving the actual letter.

Hi Hamilton, can you share how to ask the T2 officer for detail in RFIE letter please? I saw my case was updated last week but still haven't receive the actual letter now. Nothing showed in Informed Delivery :(

2 yr GC approved 04/29/2019

10 yr GC approved 06/02/2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Good news!  Just got notification that my EAD card is finally being produced!!! It's been 186 days since PD. 

Not sure what exactly nudged the NBC to finally process it but I think our session with an Info Pass officer might have helped.  We showed up to the session w/ our 4 month old baby and explained to him how urgent the EAD card is given that we're about to move cities as wife is getting matched for medical residency and really need to be able to apply to jobs to be able to afford child care. The officer emailed the NBC explaining the urgency of the matter on the spot and mentioned that we'd have the card in 2 weeks. I finally got the notification of the card production today (March 3rd), one week after the Info Pass session.

We also reached out to the Ombudsman 2 days ago as well. So that might have played a part. I'm really not sure.

Hang in there @GoodVibesOnly, @Londonergirl, @Louv! I'm really hoping it comes through for you guys. I totally get how nerve-racking the process is. 

August 28, 2017: Priority Date

September 5, 2017: AOS Notice of Action

September 8, 2017: Biometric Notice of Action letter 

September 29, 2017: Biometric done

January 26, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - was told nothing useful

February 16, 2018: Service request made. Hasn't been assigned.

February 23, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - officer emailed NBC regarding urgency of EAD

March 2, 2018: EAD in production on day 186 (e-notification) :D 

March 7, 2018: EAD mailed out (e-notification) :D 

March 12, 2018: EAD RECEIVED!!!

10 minutes ago, bli said:

Good news!  Just got notification that my EAD card is finally being produced!!! It's been 186 days since PD. 

Congrats!! This has been a really terrible experience for several of us - but I think everyone is going to start getting their cards really soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

Good news for me too, guys! Finally! 

I filed for it last April!

Capture.PNG

Wow! What a test in patience! Since April?! My goodness. Congrats indeed.

August 28, 2017: Priority Date

September 5, 2017: AOS Notice of Action

September 8, 2017: Biometric Notice of Action letter 

September 29, 2017: Biometric done

January 26, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - was told nothing useful

February 16, 2018: Service request made. Hasn't been assigned.

February 23, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - officer emailed NBC regarding urgency of EAD

March 2, 2018: EAD in production on day 186 (e-notification) :D 

March 7, 2018: EAD mailed out (e-notification) :D 

March 12, 2018: EAD RECEIVED!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
46 minutes ago, bli said:

Wow! What a test in patience! Since April?! My goodness. Congrats indeed.

Yep! Monk-like patience, lol!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

Good news for me too, guys! Finally! 

I filed for it last April!

In April?!?! Jeeeeeeeez! Did you get RFIE/RFEs? What got your case to finally move? 

Congrats!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hamilton said:

In April?!?! Jeeeeeeeez! Did you get RFIE/RFEs? What got your case to finally move? 

Congrats!!

I don't know if any of what I've tried helped in moving it. I did 2 service requests, both got replied saying they would notify me "shortly" of any news, but that was in January this year. Then the case status went from "case was received" to "card mailed to me" all at once today.

Edited by AskerBRfromAZ

1 minute ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

I don't know if any of what I've tried helped in moving it. I did 2 service requests, both got replied saying they would notify me "shortly" of any news, but that was in January this year. Then the case status went from "case was received" to "card mailed to me" all at once today.

Oh wow. My card's in the mail too! If you haven't already, you can sign up for USPS Informed Delivery to see where it is. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.