autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Texasfiler said:

Phoenix Filer you are most welcome! At this point I would suggest not to call them again - your previous application that your mom made will be cancelled based on your current application. Congratulations on getting the biometric letter, I am so happy to hear that the process is moving along. I have read where a lot of persons have done early walk in and got through - but there are some that didnt get through - it all depends on your ASC Center.  Oh My!  It's a very long drive to get your your application Centre - I dont know if you would want to take the risk and drive so far to get there only for them to turn you back - but if I had to drive so far to get to he ASC, what I would do is just wait and go on my biometric date that is assigned to me, however, I would try to get there at least couple hours before the scheduled time. You have less than 2 weeks before September 27, so just wait it out ok.  No they dont give any update/confirmation that biometric was attended -  in the coming weeks after the biometric is done you will get a notification on their site "saying that they are ready to schedule you for an interview" that alone is proof that they have received your biometric information that was done.  So hang in there, you will definately hear good news from them by ending October.  We are all in this together, stay blessed and good luck.

Thank you very much for your advice and for letting me know what to expect at the biometrics. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Update we went today to our scheduled infopass appointment to get an expedite for the advanced parole as my husband found out after we filed that his car tabs and drivers license will expire the end of October and he needs to have no car inspected in order to renew the tabs.

the officer was not happy that we were there and made it clear that that was not considered and emergency by USCIS and that we would have to Waite. We also learned that they are processing ead's from April which means it is now taking 4 months not 3 to get the work permit and travel authorization.

i assume simply having a job offer will also be denied for an expedite as other people have posted they are pursuing as USCIS would likely ask why you applied for a job before having a work permit so why should they care. 

I guess their views and our views on things are different.

i don't was my husband to have to drive illegally in an unregistered car just because he can not leave the country prior to the advanced parole is issued otherwise his application will be denied. 

Filed I-485, I-130, I-765, & I-131 priority date August 9, 2017 spousal AOS

Hello  everyone just keeping u guys posted got an REF today form  the uscis  people.Cause my husband  didn't submit  2016 tax return's cause he filled an extension.So we are gonna send it as soon we can. But my question is how long does  it take after  submitting  the evidence  REF for uscis people to get back to us? 

Hi all, jumping in this topic a bit late.. I filed September 1st, but that topic seems a bit empty! I've been following this topic for a while to get some indication of what I might be up to :)!

I am trying to get my AP expedited (don't care about my EAD since I'm on an F-1 visa as a student), so I can go home with my wife for the Christmas holidays. We'll have a wedding celebration back home with my family (as they couldn't make it here due to cost and health), and spend the (most likely last) Christmas holidays with my ailing grand mothers.. I really hope they approve it in time, because I don't want my wife to see my grandmothers at a funeral next time we will be able to make it there... :(

57 minutes ago, Eruthos said:

Hi all, jumping in this topic a bit late.. I filed September 1st, but that topic seems a bit empty! I've been following this topic for a while to get some indication of what I might be up to :)!

I am trying to get my AP expedited (don't care about my EAD since I'm on an F-1 visa as a student), so I can go home with my wife for the Christmas holidays. We'll have a wedding celebration back home with my family (as they couldn't make it here due to cost and health), and spend the (most likely last) Christmas holidays with my ailing grand mothers.. I really hope they approve it in time, because I don't want my wife to see my grandmothers at a funeral next time we will be able to make it there... :(

Isn't the AP taking 90-120 days to process? In which case, you might still get it in time even without expediting it. I'm in the same boat -- I really need the AP; don't care as much about the EAD.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

16 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Isn't the AP taking 90-120 days to process? In which case, you might still get it in time even without expediting it. I'm in the same boat -- I really need the AP; don't care as much about the EAD.

I'll be leaving 12/16, so I would rather have it a bit earlier than that.. My NOA is 09/08, so 100 days would be 12/17.. Since I see some people are getting it processed from May right now (~116 days), that is way too long. I would rather have it in hand a month before I leave, than waiting for the last minute. If we can't go, I would also rather tell my family in advance before they prepare a whole wedding celebration, and have to call it off a few days before it will happen.

51 minutes ago, Eruthos said:

I'll be leaving 12/16, so I would rather have it a bit earlier than that.. My NOA is 09/08, so 100 days would be 12/17.. Since I see some people are getting it processed from May right now (~116 days), that is way too long. I would rather have it in hand a month before I leave, than waiting for the last minute. If we can't go, I would also rather tell my family in advance before they prepare a whole wedding celebration, and have to call it off a few days before it will happen.

I spoke to my congresswoman's secretary the other day, and he said you can ring them to help with your application after 75 days or 90 days of not hearing back (I can't remember which one he said haha) and from what I've read on threads, if you get a congressman/woman involved it helps dramatically :)

Man. My wife and I can't wait to finally take a vacation abroad once this process is done.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Phoenix Filer said:

As of July 31, they are processing EAD and AP applications filed on April 12. This is ~110 days, up from 90 as of June 30. Hopefully, they can reverse the trend.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

53 minutes ago, henderson14 said:

Hi. Is anyone filed i-693 with AOS package? Because I got an notice about I didn't submit i-693. 

That is your medical form. I filed it with my AOS package. I have seen places where people did not submit it, but that is usually when their package would take longer than a year to get a decision.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, henderson14 said:

Hi. Is anyone filed i-693 with AOS package? Because I got an notice about I didn't submit i-693. 

Yup, I sent it in with our package (I'm the foreigner).  That's the medical exam.  I know some people say you can just wait and bring the completed form/exam results to the interview, but I think that's only allowed if you are adjusting from K1 (I could be mistaken; someone correct me if I am).  Anyway, if you missed the info about the I-693, the basic steps are as follows:

1. Go here to find a civil surgeon in your area.  It must be a USCIS approved civil surgeon administering the exam.  Prices will vary a little ($200-400; mine was $300ish) so ask a few if you can.

2. Bring your vaccination record, passport and print-out of I-693 to the doctor.  They will do a basic physical, give you a TB skin test, collect blood and urine samples and determine what vaccinations you need or don't need.

3. You need to go a follow-up appointment 2-3 days later so the doc can see the results of your TB skin test.  Then they'll tell you the results of your blood and urine analysis.  They'll give your documents back and they will have filled out the I-693, which they'll get you to sign in their presence.  Then they put the I-693 in a sealed envelope, which you are NOT allowed to open, and return your other documents to you.

That's that.  It's not too bad and my doctor was really nice (he's been a civil surgeon for 20 years).  Hope it goes well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.